The texan game might not be as competitive as it looks.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Ummmm on the long TD to marshall didnt he look left and come back right??? On short quick throws aren't u supposed to stare down the reciever to make sure he has position? This staring down BM is getting pretty fucking silly. Hes a top 3 wr why the fuck would u not look his way???

If you like our defense to batt down the pass, then sure. 23 passes batted down at the LOS before last game, I think the number is around 26 now.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why they don't run more screens to Forte. The new offensive game plan under Tice seems to significantly reduce Forte's roll as a receiver.

i was thinking the exact same thing. we arent using Forte enuff on passing plays. he is so explosive out of the backfield

Slacker

Liked Posts:
This thread is embarrasing. A single Houston fan rationally presents opinions, facts, and conjecture in a civil manner while several Chicago homers snipe potshots.

All I can say is Houston is one of the most dangerous team in the league and I hope the Bears play to their potential, they will need to. It will be a very telling game for both teams and I nervously look forward to it.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Schaub has only been sacked 10 times...
That will change dramatically on Sunday. IMO Cutler is going to have a shitty night and rides the coattails of the defense 2 weeks in a row to a win.

I'll say it; Our offense sucks coming out of the gate. But our defense can score. So as much as I can respect how good Houston is, I still say Bears win like we did last week, but it won't be a blow-out. It will be close.

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
Full of homerism.

If Foster can't run on the Bears, then Forte won't run on the Texans. The run defenses are pretty identical, I'd give the Bears a slight edge because of the LB core.

This game will be competitive. That's the bottom line.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Foster has a whooping 4.0 YPC this season, and Tate only has 4.1. The Texans arent a great running team, they'll get shut down.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Tillman is e only corner in the league who can cover Marshall.

If Jonathon Joseph were fully healthy this year I could see him being able to limit his production to more pedestrian numbers. He has been battling a groin injury the last few weeks that seems to be effecting his play though. Marshall will definitely get his catches against us, he's a very tough WR to shutdown.

NastyNate

Liked Posts:
Foster has a whooping 4.0 YPC this season, and Tate only has 4.1. The Texans arent a great running team, they'll get shut down.

We lead the league in TOP for a reason. Kubiak doesn't typically like to run up the score, he's more content to run the ball every down in the last quarter with 2-3 score lead. Teams will bring a safety into the box and we still run on them, they know exactly what we're doing so there are a lot more 1 and no yard gains. Add in the fact that we have a new RG and RT starting this year and it's easy to see why the numbers aren't so good.

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL

Don't compare Forte to someone who can only muster 4 YPC behind an elite line.

lol... Elite?

The O-Line isn't THAT great at run blocking to be called elite.

Foster is top 5 back to most people, so is Forte.

Never mind though, there's no sense in arguing with a complete homer.

MidwayJay

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Watt and Carimi were teammates at Wisconsin and practiced against each other.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Watt and Carimi were teammates at Wisconsin and practiced against each other.

You know what, I totally forgot about that.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No offense to Houston, but that sack total will likely increase. I don't think Schaub will have an answer, but maybe he will. Offense should be tough this week if Houston can be disciplined. Interesting game, but I'll take Bears at home 17-14.

There's nothing to be offensive about, it's just football :)