The texan game might not be as competitive as it looks.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foster has a whooping 4.0 YPC this season, and Tate only has 4.1. The Texans arent a great running team, they'll get shut down.

This made me laugh a little

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would think the familiarity might help Carimi, he definitely needs some help with that matchup. Complete mismatch for Texans and I hope there's some creativity to counter that upfield rush.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I should rewatch the Texans Packers, because they're as week as us up front. They're much better passing in the middle though.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
I should rewatch the Texans Packers, because they're as week as us up front. They're much better passing in the middle though.

When u do take notes on Houstons pass rush, it was non existant that game. I hope they have a similar game. #1 key for us is winning on 1st down we cannot keep getting holding penalties, false starts, ect..... we need to be consistently in 2nd and 6's to help the oline out

crok042000

Liked Posts:
Offense needs to stop with the slow starts. Texans are a well balanced team. Will be a hard fought game most likely.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When u do take notes on Houstons pass rush, it was non existant that game. I hope they have a similar game. #1 key for us is winning on 1st down we cannot keep getting holding penalties, false starts, ect..... we need to be consistently in 2nd and 6's to help the oline out

I agree, we can't give up downs against teams like this - especially first down. I think Houston is going to meet it's fate, like everyone else in the division. Go Bears!

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Your offense has struggled against the bottom half of the league, now facing the #3 overall defense, and the #2 rushing defense in the league it somehow just clicks? I tried to come on this board for rational football discussion with Bears fans but so far I've been stumbling on mind blowing proclamations like this all week. We're not Tennessee, or Jax, or the clots, or any other crap team in the AFC/AFC South, we are the 7-1 Texans, same record as your bears. If you think this game is going to be a cake walk you're sadly mistaken.

If anything the bears match up terribly with Houston. Your biggest weapon is the run, which we shut down admirably these days. So that forces the ball into Cutler's hands. We take away almost everything middle-deep and rush 6, Cutler's achilles heel. He'll be on his back all day. JJ Watt will have a field day and Connor Barwin and Antonio Smith will chip in as well. Hell even the very hard to sack Fitzpatrick in Buffalo last week got sacked 3 times and had another 11 qb hits laid on him against us. Cutler will be seeing stars by the second quarter and heaving pick 6's all day.

I respond without name calling.

My question is...how is the Texans beating up on the Jags, Titans, Bills, Jets and getting your ass handed to you on SNF any different than the Bears beating up on the Colts, Jags, Titans, Panthers and getting their ass handed to them on TNF?

Also, I can almost literally make the same exact argument about the match up from the Bears perspective. The Bears are 6th against the run (youre 2nd) for a whopping 6 yards/game difference.

Your pass defense is 4th and the Bears are 16th for a 27 yard/game difference. Which the Bears neutralize with their turnovers. And yes, I understand you don't turn the ball over. But the Bears don't wait for turnovers, they make them. There is a difference.

The Bears and the Texans are tied for sacks with 25.

The Bears have given up 120 total points and scored 40 points on defense. The Texans have given up 137 points. And have scored 18 points on defense (I may be missing fumble returned for tds.)

The Bears defense is playing lights out and the The Texans have not seen anything like them. No, the Ravens without Ray Lewis doesn't count. Admittedly the Bears haven't seen anything like The Texans.

The point is this is much closer than your making it out to be and certainly much closer the OP is making out to be.

Should be a great game. How's that for rational football discussion?

Heisenberg

Run
Donator
Liked Posts:
I respond without name calling.

My question is...how is the Texans beating up on the Jags, Titans, Bills, Jets and getting your ass handed to you on SNF any different than the Bears beating up on the Colts, Jags, Titans, Panthers and getting their ass handed to them on TNF?

Also, I can almost literally make the same exact argument about the match up from the Bears perspective. The Bears are 6th against the run (youre 2nd) for a whopping 6 yards/game difference.

Your pass defense is 4th and the Bears are 16th for a 27 yard/game difference. Which the Bears neutralize with their turnovers. And yes, I understand you don't turn the ball over. But the Bears don't wait for turnovers, they make them. There is a difference.

The Bears and the Texans are tied for sacks with 25.

The Bears have given up 120 total points and scored 40 points on defense. The Texans have given up 137 points. And have scored 18 points on defense (I may be missing fumble returned for tds.)

The Bears defense is playing lights out and the The Texans have not seen anything like them. No, the Ravens without Ray Lewis doesn't count. Admittedly the Bears haven't seen anything like The Texans.

The point is this is much closer than your making it out to be and certainly much closer the OP is making out to be.

Should be a great game. How's that for rational football discussion?

Finally. A great post in this thread.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
IMO the biiggest key to the game for our defense will be our dt's...if they can penetrate foster will have to kick it outside and with the speed on our defense he will be a non factor.
Offense - protection for cutler, capitalizing on 1on1's...I expect marshall will have a corner and safety on him for most of the night so hester, davis and bennett have to take advantage of 1on1s.