The texan game might not be as competitive as it looks.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Let me preface what I'm about to say by including the fact the offense has to show up. The way they have played you never know what will happen with them.

But, from a defensive perspective the game lines up with what the bears want to do. They were #1 in run defense. So, shutting down Foster seems possible if not likely. You would then assume Tillman will be on Andre Johnson and after what he did on Calvin you would think he should play well there too. Take those two weapons away and the texans will have difficulty scoring.

If I knew I was going to get an average level NFL offense out of the bears in the game I would probably pick them to win. However, they've been so spotty it's hard to make a prediction. I wont be surprised if the bears win. I wont be surprise if it's by double digits. About the only thing that would be surprising is if their defense plays poorly.

Also, its a home game and i'm sure the texans will be the more trendy pick if you buy the "no respect" theory. I could be wrong but in some regards I think the texans have picked on just a weak schedule as the bears. GB is the one common loss where GB destroyed them and the bears played them close at least for 3 quarters. They might have even won if the offense had showed up.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
What is Tillman's FF number for the year and does anyone know the record in a season? 4 today!!!!!!!!??????? that's a man possessed!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im nott worried about the defense play vs the Texans Im worried about the ol and Tice's play calling. The Texans are a blitzing team under Wade Phillips and will send pressure most of the time especially on the edge. Webb and Carimi have a hard time against any edge attack which can lead to a shot on Cutler or Forte. Also Tice can't expect us to win with max protection and one man routes against them. We need three to four wide sets, identfy the blitz (hard counts Cutler) and hit the open man fast

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im nott worried about the defense play vs the Texans Im worried about the ol and Tice's play calling. The Texans are a blitzing team under Wade Phillips and will send pressure most of the time especially on the edge. Webb and Carimi have a hard time against any edge attack which can lead to a shot on Cutler or Forte. Also Tice can't expect us to win with max protection and one man routes against them. We need three to four wide sets, identfy the blitz (hard counts Cutler) and hit the open man fast

that's a recipe for disater, imo.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why they don't run more screens to Forte. The new offensive game plan under Tice seems to significantly reduce Forte's roll as a receiver.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The key will be Carimi and Louis vs JJ Watt. I'm gonna be pissed if Tice doesn't double Watt on every play. When the Texans blitz up the gut, the TE will have to help Carimi with Watt. Jay needs to be aware of Watt's pass blocking ability as well. If we try to block Watt one on one with Carimi, it will be a long day for Jay!

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why they don't run more screens to Forte. The new offensive game plan under Tice seems to significantly reduce Forte's roll as a receiver.

Well it ain't called the "Forte Ratio"

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we shouldlet Cutler get hit by the blitz instead of throwing quick strikes? Please enlighten me

Jay struggles @ identifying the blitz and making the hot read. However, he's pretty good at starring down BM, so why stop? Run first, even with 2 and 3 TE's if needed. Control the clock, fuck this explosive shit, it ain't working.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So we shouldlet Cutler get hit by the blitz instead of throwing quick strikes? Please enlighten me

You are damn right in keeping the focus. much respect. but tonight, we celebrate

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jay struggles @ identifying the blitz and making the hot read. However, he's pretty good at starring down BM, so why stop? Run first, even with 2 and 3 TE's if needed. Control the clock, fuck this explosive shit, it ain't working.

Where in my post did i say explosive?And no Jay doesn't suck reading the blitz. You can't rely on the run every single down. If we do thatb we might as well be the Vikings and 49ers; one dimensional

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And to clear things up RTB i have zero problem running Forte but you cant just rely on the run and not pass, thats why the Vikings are in trouble after their hot start