Week 10 Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello All,

Because of the downtime this week, a section of our tipping competition couldn't get their picks in. This is making me think I should just drop this week and continue on with next week.

But I thought maybe I should make a post and ask for opinions. Right now (haven't had a chance to look through it yet, have to go to work in a minute), I am guessing around 12-15 of the 50 tippers couldn't get their picks in this week. 2 haven't for a couple weeks now, they probably gave up or something else happened. But that still leaves 10 who couldn't get picks in due to downtime and we usually do have quite a few who get it in last minute.

Personally, I don't think they should be penalized for down time. Just part of the bargain when we are hosting it on the message board instead of a different site. I am thinking - drop this week and start it up next week as normal. I really don't think this was a huge week were big swings could be made, seemed kind of easy for most. No real upsets (except for a couple, looking at you Giants!).

So, what do you think?

In the future, to stop it, I could post my email address and that would give people an option to get their picks to me even if the forum goes down. But I think this is a rare case with complications from Sandy.

Anyway, I am rambling :p Let me know.

PS. In future weeks, I am going to shake things up and introduce - Hidden Games of the week. Mwhahaha ;)

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like the gentlemanly thing to do.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will send out a note tomorrow letting everyone know we are going to scrap this week and reminding them to get picks in this week. Sorry for those who did awesome! :)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Which was me. I would say the non pickers get an average of the winning picks

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Or maybe split into two pool s if it's not a lot of trouble

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
depends...how did I do? :shifty:

nah, scrapping the week makes sense. Worked out on a good week, too...what w/ a tie and what not.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which was me. I would say the non pickers get an average of the winning picks

Not very fair. Stephen did the right thing. Many of us missed week 10 and its not really fair to assume we'd do average. This is the only fair way.

Good job, Stephen.

stephen

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not very fair. Stephen did the right thing. Many of us missed week 10 and its not really fair to assume we'd do average. This is the only fair way.

Good job, Stephen.

Thanks. I really didn't want to penalize those who couldn't get the picks in. It seems to be really tightening up as we get to the finish, and those points could be really important in knocking off CreepyBasementGuy :p

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Had to laugh that Brett05 just dislike repped me (again) for stating my opinion above.

For someone who loves to force the Bible down people's throats he sure isn't a very tolerant guy. Some people couldn't get thier picks in because they didn't have access to the board. He should understand that and be patient and kind. His message to me said that it was bad reasoning to punish those who did get their picks in.

So, I guess according to Brett the haves should be rewarded and the have-nots? Fuck 'em.

Typical religious nut.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Had to laugh that Brett05 just dislike repped me (again) for stating my opinion above.

For someone who loves to force the Bible down people's throats he sure isn't a very tolerant guy. Some people couldn't get thier picks in because they didn't have access to the board. He should understand that and be patient and kind. His message to me said that it was bad reasoning to punish those who did get their picks in.

So, I guess according to Brett the haves should be rewarded and the have-nots? Fuck 'em.

Typical religious nut.

You shall be dislike repped again!

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

In all seriousness I wish Brett would understand dislike rep isnt supposd to be used for a simple disagreement.

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology

Status
Not open for further replies.