Do You Believe In Jay Cutler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Screw that... Elite, good, bad... It's all just a matter of opinion.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Step 1- post semi amusing post in another thread.
Step 2- wait for people to start fawning over it.
Step 3- after half an hour, grow impatient that your creativity is being hidden from the world, start new thread, copy, and paste.

The whole inside the QBs head thing starts and ends at "Is that Berrian? I think he’s triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. I’m throwing it downfield."

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html#ixzz2WZbyPXIL

You cant improve on perfection.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Step 3- after half an hour, grow impatient that your creativity is being hidden from the world, start new thread, copy, and paste.

LOL... I've done this before too.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL... I've done this before too.

I think most are guilty of it..... you can only take so much of this before acting.....
images

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought the OP was amusing...hell, it's a timeline of Cutler's career from "the man himself"...

What all this means, though....is...We need football to start...like...now....like....yesterday.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Dude, you just thanked a post by L GUANO. Try harder next time.

Are u still crying Stalker Sparrow? Have u been arrested for stalking in any manner before bc this is getting pretty bad. U have went from fecal to stalker. U forgot to dislike rep me yesterday stalker sparrow. U r indeed slipping.

Is your favorite movie Cable Guy?:shot:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite actor in a stalker role was Alfonso Arau in Romancing the Stone...he had all of Jane Wilder's books!

best stalker had to be marky mark in the one where he was all over the chick from walk the line think it was called fear not positive though

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Romo has had a couple bad playoff games- but if you take off the homer goggles you will realize a couple things....
Cutler has the 2 worst collapses in modern NFL history- the 3 game division lead with 3 games left where he managed to throw 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions over the last 3 games against the 25th, 18th, and 14th ranked defenses in the league.
Then he takes the 7-1 bears and misses the playoffs.
Not to mention his penchant for shitting his pants at the mere mention of Green bay.
His green bay playoff game was awful before the injury as well.

Romo and Cutler are not even close.
Romo's best year in yardage is 4903 to Cutlers 4526.

Romo's best year touchdown wise is 36 (19 ints)to cutlers 27(26 ints).

Touchdown to interception ratio wise, Romo has had 3-1 (31 tds and 10 ints), cutlers best year was less than 2-1, 13tds and 7 ints.

Romos worst passer rating for a season beats Cutlers best.

So no, they are not the Same QB. Not even close. When you have 2 guys, each with 7 years as a starter, and one of the guys' worst year is better than the other guys best year.... you are insane to think they are even close to being the same.

And you wonder why posters don't take your overt negativity seriously. Nice job of slamming a post that doesn't disagree with you while ignoring any mitigating factors. Yah,Terrell Owens, Witten, Austin and Bryant all suck. Romo never holds the ball too long either, LOL. Romo may be better overall or not but the circumstances are enough different to fog the comparison.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
best stalker had to be marky mark in the one where he was all over the chick from walk the line think it was called fear not positive though

I am going with Dom Woganowskie- Woogie- from there is something about mary.

"Have you ever had a Whitehead on your eyeball!?!?"
998SAM_Chris_Elliott_006.jpg

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
is that the one where the CSI guy pushes him out a window and he feels up reese witherspoon on a ferris wheel?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And you wonder why posters don't take your overt negativity seriously. Nice job of slamming a post that doesn't disagree with you while ignoring any mitigating factors. Yah,Terrell Owens, Witten, Austin and Bryant all suck. Romo never holds the ball too long either, LOL. Romo may be better overall or not but the circumstances are enough different to fog the comparison.

The prtion of the post I disagreed with is that you stated they are different but close- and the reality is that they are not close.

You mention mitigating factors- the support romo had- and romo did a damn fine job.... he put together some seasons that are light years ahead of Jay.

When you weigh support in the mix, the fact that Cutler was sacked only 11 times in 08- best performance from an o-line in the NFL for a decade- while having Marshall and Royal, then a fair comparison of their ceilings can be made.

Overt negativity? shit- Cutler is the best QB chicago has had since Kramer- but that doesnt mean he is great. It just means Chicago is a suckhole of talent in the passing game.
I held out hope that it would turn in to a modern NFL offense when Marshall was added to the mix, but Jay was Jay and locked on Marshall and lived and died on one player alone.
That just doesnt cut it.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The prtion of the post I disagreed with is that you stated they are different but close- and the reality is that they are not close.

You mention mitigating factors- the support romo had- and romo did a damn fine job.... he put together some seasons that are light years ahead of Jay.

When you weigh support in the mix, the fact that Cutler was sacked only 11 times in 08- best performance from an o-line in the NFL for a decade- while having Marshall and Royal, then a fair comparison of their ceilings can be made.

Overt negativity? shit- Cutler is the best QB chicago has had since Kramer- but that doesnt mean he is great. It just means Chicago is a suckhole of talent in the passing game.
I held out hope that it would turn in to a modern NFL offense when Marshall was added to the mix, but Jay was Jay and locked on Marshall and lived and died on one player alone.
That just doesnt cut it.
really who else did he have to lock onto lets face it qb has not been our biggest weakness on offence

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I don't like taking huge shits on threads that are already huge piles of shit. Seems like a waste of my shitting talents, which could be better used on other threads...like the one where some guy jumps in to thank an L GUAPO post and add the all-to-familiar refrain "no one's saying Cutler is elite...".

Rough crowd.

Best of luck with the shit.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
I thought the OP was amusing...hell, it's a timeline of Cutler's career from "the man himself"...

What all this means, though....is...We need football to start...like...now....like....yesterday.

You know it.

mac bear

Liked Posts:

The whole inside the QBs head thing starts and ends at "Is that Berrian? I think he’s triple-covered. You know what? Fuck it. I’m throwing it downfield."

You cant improve on perfection.

I guess it all began to go downhill with the fawning.
It was 4:30 in the morning when I did it...that's fair.
Copy and paste was due to the fact that it was going to be too far buried for anyone to remotely fawn. I wanted some fawning.

Now, it all wasn't that bad considering I hadn't seen that full post you linked me to. I had heard, "Fuck it, I'm throwing it downfield" enough. I'm glad I have been schooled accordingly.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
In before Spartan, Mick, Rory, FT, etc come take a huge shit all over this "excuse thread".

Are excuses never valid?

I tried to take a different angle on the shitting on Cutler conspiracy. I'm still not convinced he is the 'saviour', but I'm not convinced he won't be able to do some special things, given the tools properly placed in the shed.

I think the excuses have been valid.

When he has been a prick to someone, undeservedly, for example, and I've read it, I wouldn't dream of letting it go. I'm not a fan of assholes. And, frankly, he seems to fill that part pretty well. However, many of his 'asshole' moves, in my opinion, have come on the heels of buggering up by the organization.

This doesn't excuse some of his ill advised throws into triple coverage while we were still in the game and threatening in the red zone, circa three years ago, in particular, but it does suggest he earned the right to be pissed as well.

mac bear

Liked Posts:

I held out hope that it would turn in to a modern NFL offense when Marshall was added to the mix, but Jay was Jay and locked on Marshall and lived and died on one player alone.That just doesnt cut it.

Hold out hope one more year dude... I'll give him that. The three years line was perhaps out of line (true, but, as we've read if we've read any of these posts, it doesn't cut it when rookies have succeeded and elite, and even not so elite qbs, have made systems work in first years) but I'll give him this year to see what a more balanced supporting cast here in Chicago can do. I think, statistically, here in Chicago, be it the mecca of where QBs go to die, he has still earned the right to a one more year shot.

I guess that his contract status does make sense after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.