Would Someone Like Jon Gruden Really Be An Upgrade?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Oops, I should learn to keep reading and scrolling before I reply.

Sorry, sevvy.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
how about Kevin Gilbridge the offensive corridator of the giants. he is doing work, but than again you need WR's to put the offense together

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
if you are watching the MNF game right now you know how smart gruden is. his football IQ is off the charts. love football to death

just pisses excellence

Last edited:

Monster

Liked Posts:
I like John... I think he's a very solid coach who has a way with players... my problem is he's a nice guy coach... and that's what the Bears have now... and not sure that's what they need...

Need an ASS KICKER... DO IT RIGHT OR DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.... kinda guy

dondraper

if you are watching the MNF game right now you know how smart gruden is. his football IQ is off the charts. love football to death

just pisses excellence

Gruden will never be the coach of the bears. Lovie will always win just enough to keep his job.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Did anyone hear Gruden praising RG3 for fumbling?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't object to getting a HC...But Gruden would be an overall downgrade...The offense might get better but I think the rest of the team would suffer...

Gruden won with a Tampa team that Tony Dungy/Rich McKay assembled...But shortly after that he destroyed the team after he won a power struggle Rich McKay and took it steadily down hill...A Rich mans Dave Wannstedt
Gruden won with a team that Dungy couldn't get over the hump, and he is just the kind of coach Chicago needs, a good offensive mind and motivator, not a laid back pussy like Lovie.

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Perry Fewell from the Giants get a shot at coaching in Chicago. He runs the 4-3 with a lot of different NASCAR packagers with 4 & 5 DEs. It can be fun to watch, especially with all of the speed up front.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Gruden would be a huge upgrade over what we have now. The man knows offense, understands schemes, something I question the current staff of knowing. Emery would go get him talent, Gruden would coach them up. Plus the man knows that winning offensive football starts on the oline, His time in Tampa, he rebuilt the oline into a good one before he left. All in all, give me Gruden now, and we go further in the playoff with him using the current playbook, than we do with the designer, and that's pathetic.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
WK,

I can't blame complacency for this team's faults, I blame poor offensive coaching and poor player evaluation on the O-line. I said it last season when we heard all the talk about this line would "gel" and it was young and getting better. This O-line is not talented. Lovie and Tice gambled on this, and it should cost them their jobs.

There was no excuse for not improving the line over the offseason. NONE of our draft picks have been impact players this year, so it makes it very hard to justify drafting them over OBVIOUS positions of need on the O-line.

And this isn't the first season we have seen this problem. We have seen this now for 8 1/2 seasons. JA is gone, along with all past coordinators. Lovie alone is the common denominator in this offensive mess.

Blame JA all you want. It wasn't him that was praising this line in what could have been a superbowl year, it was Lovie. He chose not to upgrade the O-line over the offseason, AFTER 2 years of giving up the most sacks in the league. And his solution, hire someone who has never been an OC before to lead the way.

Lovie is a good DC, but not a good Head Coach.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty sure Sanzendropper would be a starter in this scenario. As far as Gruden goes, do not want. As a HC anyways.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Lovie's job is in jeopardy. I still think he's here next year if we can squeak in, but his history of managing his staff is abysmal. Gruden would be an improvement in my opinion. If we lose Lovie everyone needs to understand we're losing some good qualities, but I'm ready to see a head coach more involved in the gameplan.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of people want to blame Lovie for everything from losing a game to no toilet paper in the Johns. Fact is, hes done a pretty good job with the lousy talent JA gave him. In fact. I think peppers offsides penalty was more costly than the 4th and 1 debacle. If peppers wasnt offsides, Hawks would have punted from their endzone.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Almost every post in this entire thread is fucking ridiculous. Gruden is 25x the coach Lovie is, even when he isn't coaching. This guy took Rich fucking Gannon and made him an MVP. He took a shit Raiders team and made them a contender, that should've made the SB if not for the tuck rule. Then, he goes to a Tampa team that Dungy couldn't get over the hump, and waltzed into a fucking SB, where they met the Raiders team that HE had helped build. Then, he used his knowledge of that team against them, informing his DEFENSE (that's right, he actually pays attention to all phases of his team) of their signals and how to beat them. They walked all over Oakland.

Did Lovie use his knowledge of his OWN defense to elevate the offense and beat Dungy in the SB? Has Lovie ever outcoached anyone? Has Lovie ever paid attention to anything other than his defense and the jumbotron? Dude's a fucking joke. Only coach that will call a TO before using a challenge. The Bears act like TOs are fucking popsicles that you hand out to all the neighborhood kids. Now someone come in and tell me how he passed Jauron and Wannstedt to become the 3rd winningest coach in team history.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For the record, I don't want Gruden, but he'd definitely be an upgrade.