OT: Worst Fantasy Football Season Ever

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We decided this mid season that we want to change our league to a dynasty. Since we did not draft at the beginning of the year knowing we would be switching to a dynasty league, we are only doing 4 keeper players this offseason. Then after the draft we will up that number.

I'd like to join a new "start up" league. But it's pretty difficult to find 12 guys that are that devoted. So tha's why I'm gonna go the application route.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did I hit a nerve or something? Christ all mighty, ole! I've had my fair share of bad seasons, this year is a good one for me. Sorry you can't appreciate that.

I appreciate it fine and congrats, just thought the "injuries are a part of FF and the good teams know that" was sort of a useless comment in this context

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I appreciate it fine and congrats, just thought the "injuries are a part of FF and the good teams know that" was sort of a useless comment in this context

Well I'll put that in my memory box for the future. My bad.

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
You picked MJD with your first pick even though he was still holding out?

I honestly forgot all about it when i picked him. sucks really. him and my QBs (i had E. Manning and P. Rivers) screwed me big time.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Fantasy Footbaw (taym) is predicated on luuuuuuuuuck!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'd like to join a new "start up" league. But it's pretty difficult to find 12 guys that are that devoted. So tha's why I'm gonna go the application route.

Yep. it's not easy to find dedicated owners. I had to replace two owners during the season because they would not do the minimum in making sure players on "bye week" are not in their starting players or injured players are benched etc.... I think we have a solid group now. :) Now the main problem is getting input from all owners on potential changes in settings for next season. Some of them I never get a response from. I can live with that as long as they are not complaining after changes have been made. lol

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fantasy Footbaw (taym) is predicated on luuuuuuuuuck!

Part luck! The owners who can excel at waivers and/or free agents will usually end up with the best records. ALso, people who closely follow player news have a leg up.

upthemiddle

Liked Posts:
I have a studly ppr team this year. Ben, Foster, AP, Cruz, Denario Alexander, B Meyers, Spiller, and all of our busts on the bench (maclin, Finley, Wallace). Add Gould for some bears flavor and you've got a sick team.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why anyone drafted MJD this year is beyond me...

I was hurt pretty bad when Harvin and Run-DMC went down this year... But RG3 and Marshall have carried me into the playoffs.

You're talking about MJD while you took McFadden?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have a studly ppr team this year. Ben, Foster, AP, Cruz, Denario Alexander, B Meyers, Spiller, and all of our busts on the bench (maclin, Finley, Wallace). Add Gould for some bears flavor and you've got a sick team.

My PPR team started off awesome then completely collapsed due to injuries (cardinals QB situation killed Fitz) or bad coaching (Forte and Charles not getting enough touches), and just terrible career lows (Rivers & Finley), and one very bad decision (trading Dez Bryant BEFORE he went off). Dez Bryant ticks me off because the guys was killing me. So I traded him at the trade deadline, which is when he decided to go off. Also, I'm never taking a Packer again, everytime I do they play like absolute shit, or get hurt in the playoffs.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I have a killer team after some great WW pickups(most notably Alfred Morris) and made a few good trades, now it's time to chip up :woot:

14 team league

QB-Tom Brady
WR-Brandon Marshall
WR-Larry Fitzgerald
RB-Trent Richardson
RB-Marshawn Lynch
TE-Jimmy Graham
RB/WR-Ray Rice
K-Greg Zuerlein
DEF-Seattle
Bench-Sam Bradford, Cecil Shorts, Dez Bryant, Danario Alexander, Chris Ivory, Kyle Rudolph

Was hoping to flip Fitz and Dez for AJ Green or Megatron but no luck :(

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My fantasy season has been less than stellar QBwise with Eli Manning from week to week, but I've made up for it with Philly's backs (B. Brown fell to me when McCoy got hurt) and a solid stable of wideouts that has Reggie Wayne riding the bench more often than not, unless Julio Jones, AJ Green, Amendola, or H. Nicks are hurt.

All you really need to win in fantasy football is a reliable TE, D and Kicker; depending on injuries, QBs, and weather.

(I snagged Jimmy Graham coming off his injury, and average about 14 points a week out of Houston's D, so I'm currently in 2nd place; thanks mostly to New England's kicker)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My fantasy season has been less than stellar QBwise with Eli Manning from week to week, but I've made up for it with Philly's backs (B. Brown fell to me when McCoy got hurt) and a solid stable of wideouts that has Reggie Wayne riding the bench more often than not, unless Julio Jones, AJ Green, Amendola, or H. Nicks are hurt.

All you really need to win in fantasy football is a reliable TE, D and Kicker; depending on injuries, QBs, and weather.

(I snagged Jimmy Graham coming off his injury, and average about 14 points a week out of Houston's D, so I'm currently in 2nd place; thanks mostly to New England's kicker)

That's oversimplifying than all hell. There are plenty of formulas to winning FFB, but most of all you just have to have luck on your side.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Creating a post about your FF teams in the football forum while Cutler threads get moved? Who cares about your FF !!!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I play with a blind bidding waiver wire system, I find that takes some of the luck out of it. There is luck involved no doubt, but there is also a distinctive advantage to be in the "know" and watching a lot games, IMO.

Good luck to those advancing to the playoffs and better luck next year to the others.

With that said, I need to start 3 of these in PPR this weekend .... T Richardson, C Johnson, D Sproles and K Moreno. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards sitting Sproles ...