Bears 2013 Mock Draft Database / Draft Discussion

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
Agree with most opinions in here and no way we take a WR with our 1st or 2nd picks. IMO you BETTER go OL in rounds 1 or 2 preferably in 1. Round 2 I'd target LB or TE. Maybe Skov from Stanford if he's around, Arthur Brown from KSU, maybe Ertz if somehow he falls to the later portion of round 2. I havent got a real chance to see Eric Fisher play but his bowl game is on the 26th tune into that one Bears draft junkies because he could be a real possibility...

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Bleacher Report:
1st Round: 29th Pick -- Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan

Don't know if you wanted to include Bleacher reports mock draft.

29. Chicago Bears: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

The Bears keep rolling along defensively, and there's finally some offensive playmakers available for Jay Cutler. But the one weak link on this football team remains the offensive line. Fisher has a lot of upside and would eventually slot in as the team's franchise left tackle.

Bleacher Report is soooo sketchy...we'll keep tabs on this writer. if he proves to be even remotely logical w/ his picks moving forward, we'll add him to the OP :hi5:

PERFECT on posting the info though. that's straight copy-paste for me :D

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What do people think of Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky?

He has the size at 6'3" 343lbs that the Bears seem to like and while he looks powerful he does not seem to be near the athlete that Warmack and Cooper are.

But if we go OL and OL then he could make a nice LG.

1[22] OT Eric Fisher [Central Michigan]
2[54] OG Larry Warford [Kentucky]

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
well "they" are the same people who said our o-line is fine. just cause "they" aren't addressing it or don't address it don't mean its not a top need.

we have no one on WR beside marshall and jeffery (when he is healthy, which is rare)
Yeah you make a fair point however OT, OG, and LB are big needs too. They will be doing O-line and defense with their first two picks and I would bet on it! Though we do need a 4.3 speed WR they may try to draft Johnny Knox vol.2 late..

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
Yeah you make a fair point however OT, OG, and LB are big needs too. They will be doing O-line and defense with their first two picks and I would bet on it! Though we do need a 4.3 speed WR they may try to draft Johnny Knox vol.2 late..

i honestly think G position is set. Louis, and E. Williams are solid G.
T is more important need, upgraded needed at both sides. but doubt we find a starting T or better one with our pick, and you can get better WR for value. other can be used for d-line. C is more important than G

Last edited:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What do people think of Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky?

He has the size at 6'3" 343lbs that the Bears seem to like and while he looks powerful he does not seem to be near the athlete that Warmack and Cooper are.

But if we go OL and OL then he could make a nice LG.

1[22] OT Eric Fisher [Central Michigan]
2[54] OG Larry Warford [Kentucky]

If the Bears drafted that way, I would both love the fact that they're addressing the biggest need this team has had for 3 years, as well as :lol: at the people who say "SHOULD'VE DRAFTED LB!" :shifty:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i honestly think G position is set. Louis, and E. Williams are solid G.
T is more important need, upgraded needed at both sides. but doubt we find a starting T or better one with our pick, and you can get better WR for value. other can be used for d-line. C is more important than G

Edwin Williams and Garza at this point would struggle to start on another NFL team.

There is a huge difference between okay (Garza, E. Williams) good (Louis) and elite (Warmack).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think that we can afford to go double OL early in the draft?

Sign

TE Dustin Keller

Draft

1(23) OT Eric Fisher (Western Michigan) 6'7" 310lbs.

2(55) OG Larry Warford (Kentucky) 6'3" 343lbs.

4. LB Jon Bostic (Florida) 6'1" 242lbs.

5. CB Travis Howard (Ohio St) 6'1" 200lbs.

6. LB Jake Johnson (South Alabama) 6'1" 245lbs.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you think that we can afford to go double OL early in the draft?

Sign

TE Dustin Keller

Draft

1(23) OT Eric Fisher (Western Michigan) 6'7" 310lbs.

2(55) OG Larry Warford (Kentucky) 6'3" 343lbs.

4. LB Jon Bostic (Florida) 6'1" 242lbs.

5. CB Travis Howard (Ohio St) 6'1" 200lbs.

6. LB Jake Johnson (South Alabama) 6'1" 245lbs.

Replace Keller w/ Cook, and that would be ideal :D

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Replace Keller w/ Cook, and that would be ideal :D

Yeah I would probably prefer Cook over Keller as well.

I worry that Cook is going to get over paid based on potential because he has not produced a ton.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would probably prefer Cook over Keller as well.

I worry that Cook is going to get over paid based on potential because he has not produced a ton.

Oh, me too. I really think Keller is a more logical fit, and though his ceiling may not be as high, his floor isn't as low, either.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
New NFL Draft added. Cooper and Matt Elam. Thoughts?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DraftTek updated. They have us drafting Urlacher's potential replacement in the 2nd round.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If we do not retain Knox after this year, we have to draft a receiver

You can tell how much we miss Knox, he was our deep threat who could just take the tops off of defenses. Speedy guys like that pull safeties back and make LBs cover part of the deep middle in Cover-2, opening up a lot of underneath plays. Hester just isnt doing it, and needs to find a new role on offense if he wants to keep playing there (I have no idea why we havent been using him as a 3rd down RB for screens, draws, and off-tackle runs).

The free agency is not going to give us any real talent at WR that we wont have to severely overpay for. There is a lot of talent hidden throughout this upcoming draft, especially when speedy receivers are concerned. If we trade out of the first round (like I hope) we may be able to draft a legit deep-speed threat that could contribute immediately and replace Hester on the offense as early as the third round. Here are some guys that I have been watching this year that could help out.

WV WR's Bailey and Austin. Both are deep threats, and though undersized, they both do good jobs of creating separation with their agility instead of with a big body. I actually really want one of these guys, because

Baylor's Tevin Reese

Oregon State's Markus Wheaton

USC's Robert Woods, who is not only a fast guy, but also taller than 6 feet.

None of those guys are guaranteed to be more successful than a healthy and (hopefully) fearless Knox, but we have no guarantees he will be around. Having a speedy threat split time with Bennett and Jeffery to help take pressure off of Marshall so he doesnt need to be targetted on half of our passes. Sending a speedy guy over the middle 15 yards back pulls LBs away from the LOS so a TE can make a catch underneath. Sending him deep would keep safeties out of the box. Anybody who can contribute weekly for more than 2 catches as a WR would also do a lot to put Marshall in a 1-on-1 every now and then

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
moving to the draft thread.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You can tell how much we miss Knox, he was our deep threat who could just take the tops off of defenses. Speedy guys like that pull safeties back and make LBs cover part of the deep middle in Cover-2, opening up a lot of underneath plays. Hester just isnt doing it, and needs to find a new role on offense if he wants to keep playing there (I have no idea why we havent been using him as a 3rd down RB for screens, draws, and off-tackle runs).

The free agency is not going to give us any real talent at WR that we wont have to severely overpay for. There is a lot of talent hidden throughout this upcoming draft, especially when speedy receivers are concerned. If we trade out of the first round (like I hope) we may be able to draft a legit deep-speed threat that could contribute immediately and replace Hester on the offense as early as the third round. Here are some guys that I have been watching this year that could help out.

WV WR's Bailey and Austin. Both are deep threats, and though undersized, they both do good jobs of creating separation with their agility instead of with a big body. I actually really want one of these guys, because

Baylor's Tevin Reese

Oregon State's Markus Wheaton

USC's Robert Woods, who is not only a fast guy, but also taller than 6 feet.

None of those guys are guaranteed to be more successful than a healthy and (hopefully) fearless Knox, but we have no guarantees he will be around. Having a speedy threat split time with Bennett and Jeffery to help take pressure off of Marshall so he doesnt need to be targetted on half of our passes. Sending a speedy guy over the middle 15 yards back pulls LBs away from the LOS so a TE can make a catch underneath. Sending him deep would keep safeties out of the box. Anybody who can contribute weekly for more than 2 catches as a WR would also do a lot to put Marshall in a 1-on-1 every now and then

First off, i think Knox is done.

Secondly, I don't believe we HAVE to draft a WR if Knox isn't available. I'd personally love a guy like Danny Amendola, who's a FA after this season...but my guess is he's either franchised or the Patriots sign him. Seems like the perfect replacement for Welker.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NFL Trade Rumors added.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
my mock draft, added to the 2nd post:

1st Round: Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round: Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
4th Round: A.J. Klein - ILB - Iowa State

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
my mock draft, added to the 2nd post:

1st Round: Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
2nd Round: Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
4th Round: A.J. Klein - ILB - Iowa State

I like that, for two main reasons.

1) We clearly need more people who can catch the ball and then do something after with it. Bennett can catch but I want to see more YAC from him (though when he gets it they are some spectacular runs). Jeffrey has the size to pick up some serious momentum and fall forward and through people, but an athletic TE instead of an "athletic" TE would be nice

2) We clearly need help on the inside. Webb actually isnt doing poorly, though he could improve a lot and still not be a top 10 guy. Thats fine, because there just arent guys in this draft that we can target that would be an upgrade over Webb in the immediate future. Regardless of what happens this year, we are going to be playoff contenders next year too. So get Clady or Long in the offseason if you can but the answer isnt in this draft for us.