Bears 2013 Mock Draft Database / Draft Discussion

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Just For Fun - Mock These Bears Picks

Just for fun, imagine that the Bears are given the opportunity to make all of their picks before any team because of Papa Bear's acomplishments in growing the NFL. We do the following trade (no others allowed):

We trade our #1 for a 2014 (#1), 2013 3rd, 4th, and 5th

who would you pick (assuming that the salary cap isn't na issue) and why? I made quick choices basically solidifying the offensive line for the next decade, adding a stud DT and DE in the following 2 drafts, a very good LB, and a WR that could do more for the offense then the available TEs. We need to address the CB position in the 2014 draft.

we draft
2 - G Warmak
3 - G Cooper
4 - LB Brown
4 - DT Lotulelei
5 - LT Fisher
5 - RT Fluker
6 - WR Patterson

traded #1 - DE clowney

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Done by a 'draft analyst' that graduated college in 2011 and spent a year with the Rams as an intern. That said, I hope he's a savant, LOL. Hard to argue with that draft as it concerns the Bear.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I would be happy with this draft. I would be even happier if Rhodes fell to us instead of Taylor. Seems unrealistic that Ogletree lasts until the 50th tho..

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
2009 NFL Draft
Jury Is Still Out On…: DT Henry Melton (possibly good, probably okay)
The Okay: DB D.J. Moore, WR Johnny Knox, OL Lance Louis
The Bad: WR Juaquin Iglesias, LB Marcus Freeman, DB Al Afalava, WR Derek Kinder

LOL on putting Melton and D.J. Moore in the same category.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Yeah..NFL.com also predicts Ryan Nassib to be picked up by the Bills with the #8 pick. They have some outrageous picks on there. Almost makes me feel ashamed that they projected some guys to go 1-2 rounds then what other mocks have them going.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah..NFL.com also predicts Ryan Nassib to be picked up by the Bills with the #8 pick. They have some outrageous picks on there. Almost makes me feel ashamed that they projected some guys to go 1-2 rounds then what other mocks have them going.

I think the Bills are taking Nassib at 8 overall myself. That is obviously Marrone's boy and it looks like they are scurred the Jets will scrape him up as they have 3 picks before the Bills pick in the 2nd round.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

On NFl Network yesterday there was real serious talk to Bills want him and will try to trade back in order to take him.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Ogletree lasting until 50! Did he just blow out his ACL? Pretty bad mock. Good for us but unrealistic

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
rotoworld's mock for us: Arthur Brown in 1, Barkley in 2

20. Bears -- Kansas State LB Arthur Brown

This pick would be a perfect blend of need and value for Bears GM Phil Emery. Chicago, in fact, has one of the better rosters in the NFL no one is talking about and isn't beholden to one position at the 20th choice. Linebacker is one relatively suspect spot since none of the Bears' current starters (Lance Briggs, James Anderson, D.J. Williams) are signed beyond 2014. Anderson and Williams are on one-year deals. Brown would be Brian Urlacher's long-term successor inside.

50. Bears -- USC QB Matt Barkley

Jay Cutler is in a contract year. At the very least, this sends him a message.

Full draft in this link:
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43125/60/silvas-two-round-mock-draft?pg=1

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I would not be at all surprised if the draft fell this way, and this is actually a pretty good mock from top to bottom. I fully expect Emery to draft a QB within the first three rounds, although I don't necessarily agree.

BuddyRyans46

MEAN.
Liked Posts:
if we draft that overrated USC QB (yeah, I know..somewhat redundant) just to send "Cutler a message", Emery should be fired on the spot. That is quite possibly, the most Special person "Mock Draft" I have ever seen...and yes, that includes OmeletePants's mocks

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
if we draft that overrated USC QB (yeah, I know..somewhat redundant) just to send "Cutler a message", Emery should be fired on the spot. That is quite possibly, the most Special person "Mock Draft" I have ever seen...and yes, that includes OmeletePants's mocks

:( I thought it looked pretty accurate (sans the Geno slide)

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OMG, if Warmack makes it all the way there and gets picked @ 19, I'll likely be getting instant diarrhea.

BuddyRyans46

MEAN.
Liked Posts:
so, what is your ULTIMATE FREAKOUT/NIGHTMORE SCENARIO for the NFL Draft?!

Since the draft is once again upon us, I was just curious as to what ya'll's "ULTIMATE FREAKOUT" scenario would be? Realistically speaking, what would make you lose your sh*t on either Thursday or Friday? Te'o with the 20th pick? Emery taking a QB in the 2nd round? Emery ignoring the OL until the weekend? What would make you scratch your head and honestly wonder what the hell Emery is thinking? For me, It would be drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, when we have so many other areas of genuine need.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Passing on either Cooper or Warmack would irk me. Other than that, not much.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yeah... Let's waste a high round pick on a quarterback when we have Cutler. I swear some Bear fans have a huge hatred for the guy for no reason. In Chicago the backup qb is always the favorite. I remember dumb fans all over Lefevres nuts as well as Enderle.. Hell even alot of you were ready to have Hanie unseat Cutler. That.. That is why none of us are scouts or in the NFL. Because some of what you guys say is so stupid lol