Shea McClellin is not a Middle Linebacker

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think Shea will be an OLB next year with a new 3-4 regime. Peppers and Melton will win the DE jobs, with Paea getting some lookes at nose and DE. We will need to sign or draft a true nose if Toe can't do it, and an additional OLB. Briggs and Roach may be ideal ILB's in that system. Peppers may also play some OLB, but he is so effective inside I don't see why he can't be better than seymour.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I heard rocket surgery is a growing field. Lots of damaged rockets are being found in the old Soviet Bloc countries, and they need immediate surgery.

Your point is well taken. Its quite commonplace for a college DE to transition to MLB in the NFL. Thats why there are so many current NFL MLBs were actually DEs in college, like....

like Shea McClellin you big dummy

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you only get one of those. The Bears may not wanted to waste it on a rookie.

They didn't actually have to use it... Just designate Hardin as a possible guy since the rule went into effect after he was on IR...

malcore

They didn't actually have to use it... Just designate Hardin as a possible guy since the rule went into effect after he was on IR...

The deal was that because he was on IR before the rule was adopted, the Bears would have had to put him back on the roster for the final 53 cuts, which was two days after the rule went into effect. The Bears didn't want to release anyone to make room for Hardin at that point, even though theoretically they could have just put him back on IR the next week and filled his spot on the 53 man roster.

Also, you can only make the designation for one player. You can't have 5 guys on IR and have your choice of which one can come back weeks down the line. The designation must be made at the time of being put on IR.

dondraper

I do think Shea will be an OLB next year with a new 3-4 regime. Peppers and Melton will win the DE jobs, with Paea getting some lookes at nose and DE. We will need to sign or draft a true nose if Toe can't do it, and an additional OLB. Briggs and Roach may be ideal ILB's in that system. Peppers may also play some OLB, but he is so effective inside I don't see why he can't be better than seymour.

if we make the playoffs lovie isn't going anywhere

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We like Shea....He's a good football player.....He's been able to some good things for us, as well as some of the others.....As for playing the middle...We'll look at the tape....And go from there.....

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Shea may not be a middle linebacker for a 4-3 Tampa 2 scheme, but he has perfect size and ability to play either OLB or ILB in a 3-4. I gotta say I trust Emery and his opinion better than some bloggers for Boise or a columnist. Not sure he has the frame to add another 25 to be an all down 4-3 DE either.
He's listed at 6'3" 260. He doesnt need to add 25 lbs to play DE. I'm sure he does, however, need to add strength and obviously work on technique.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I think Shea could be a LB in a 4-3 scheme but not in the cover 2. Watching Von Miller play John Fox's 4-3 defense as a pass rushing SLB is something McClellin should be able to do as well, if you change up the scheme to allow him to become a pass rusher instead of the traditional coverage SLB. We had Colvin do it well in Greg Blatches 4-3. It can be done, but you have to scheme it different.

Musashi

Liked Posts:
this stuff ain't nothing new. i been saying this, the tape don't lie when you watch him in college. heck the seahawk game will tell you he can't play the MLB spot(saw how wilson was able to throw 2-3 passes right in front of him)

when ever he was playing the MLB spot in college it was usually for him to blitz or play a zone.

bummer33062

Liked Posts:
HUH??

Cutler and Marshall?? Denver to Chicago, they both seem to have no issue with the heavy humid air
Cutler is from Santa Claus, Indiana and Marshall is from Pittsburgh both were raised in thick air areas. Shea was born and raised in Idaho's thin air. Shea's High Motor should be working very well at the Vikings A/C Dome come Sunday. Thanks for your input.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is if they say he is