Asik a HUGE mistake

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
This whole forum needs more activity...

So I have your permission to troll and flood this forum like Noahs Ark with my childish antics, pranks and bloopers?
Or how about I post some nice pictures?
There's plenty of room for Jr Smith, Ben Gordon and Scottie Pippen discussions. :troll:

179974_3674660719051_1650939321_32833234_2000122543_n.jpg

Last edited:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Not resigning Asik was not a huge mistake. The mistake would have been to sign him to that ridiculous contract. I don't like that we lost him for nothing, but he would not have been starting here anytime soon anyway. He's an excellent rebounder & defender but let's face facts: he can't do half of what Noah does when he's on the floor. I would argue that Noah in fact has been our best player this year with Deng a close second.

As for the rest of bench, I will just keep repeating this and maybe it starts sinking in. The "Bench Mob" was AWFUL when first assembled. I don't understand how everyone quickly forgot about that. Our record after 17 games in 2010 was 9-8 (exactly the same as what we have now) & that was with Rose BEASTING every single night because the bench was so bad. This bench will come start coming together. In fact, I feel it's already starting to come together. Belli had a HUGE night last night. Robinson has been solid all season. Butler is progressing very well. Taj has been Taj. The only players that havent done well have been Nazr (though he's played some solid minutes & doesn't kill us out there) & Radmonovic. However, those 2 are rarely playing. People just need to be patient, something that's in severe short supply around here these days.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kirk > CJ

But in the current roles, I would take 2011 CJ over Kirk to fill in as a starter. Once Rose is back, Kirk is going to be awesome off the bench(where he belongs).

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Butler is better than Brewer. I like Butler was more and I did like Brewer too.

Losing Asik does looked bad, but the Rockets overpaid for him badly. I saw the offer and hoped the Bears didn't re-sign him.

Also, it's re-sign, not resign. Resign is when a coach/FO steps down. Re-sign is when a player comes back to your team. Y'all probably know that, but just sayin'.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think Butler is better than Brewer. I like Butler was more and I did like Brewer too.

Losing Asik does looked bad
, but the Rockets overpaid for him badly. I saw the offer and hoped the Bears didn't re-sign him.

Also, it's re-sign, not resign. Resign is when a coach/FO steps down. Re-sign is when a player comes back to your team. Y'all probably know that, but just sayin'.

Ironic grammar correction is ironic.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
well they already got 2 guys like CJ in their backcourt

plus bucks coach is scott skiles so im not really gonna put much into "kirk got payed more so he must be better" thing youre pushing because a FO and coach have a hard on for him and went into a "bidding war" and overpaid...anywhere else i think he woulda got the min...definitely not 2/8 or 3/12

and i can only hope kirk gets better because he cant get much worse hes playing worse than i expected and this is coming from somebody that wasnt expecting much

i thought ppl were finally seeing the light about kirk but nope its still a suck fest

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
You're right. Asik for that much money was a HUGE mistake....for the Rockets.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I have your permission to troll and flood this forum like Noahs Ark with my childish antics, pranks and bloopers?
Or how about I post some nice pictures?
There's plenty of room for Jr Smith, Ben Gordon and Scottie Pippen discussions. :troll:

no.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The "Hinrich is garbage we should have Watson" talk is silly. Watson has never been a better player than Kirk Hinrich. Hinrich acclimated himself to the pg position on the pro level much better than Watson has. Watson has a sg mentality to his game.

As far as Asik goes...the "poison pill" scenario just wasn't anticipated. Why would anyone call the Bulls FO "cheap" over that scenario? Seems like it makes sense to let him go. Wonder how many will feel the same way if Morey gets fired in a few years for getting those players under those contracts...having to pay the accelerated amount tacked on at the end of those salaries...and no wins or even all star berths from those players to show for it?

Reactions: X

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The "Hinrich is garbage we should have Watson" talk is silly. Watson has never been a better player than Kirk Hinrich. Hinrich acclimated himself to the pg position on the pro level much better than Watson has. Watson has a sg mentality to his game.

As far as Asik goes...the "poison pill" scenario just wasn't anticipated. Why would anyone call the Bulls FO "cheap" over that scenario? Seems like it makes sense to let him go. Wonder how many will feel the same way if Morey gets fired in a few years for getting those players under those contracts...having to pay the accelerated amount tacked on at the end of those salaries...and no wins or even all star berths from those players to show for it?

I thank this b/c it's insightful, intelligent and correct...

...and b/c your sig makes me :lol: every. single. time.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, we definitely miss Asik, now that he has learned to score!

[video=youtube;PK0He5r6UVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0He5r6UVY[/video]

:troll:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And what does my sig do for you? Make you frown? :shrug:

nope. one of my favorite moments in NBA history.

You on the other hand....have too much love for non-bulls. it irks me. :shrug:

Bear06

Liked Posts:

Losing Asik does looked bad, but the Rockets overpaid for him badly. I saw the offer and hoped the Bears didn't re-sign him.

You're right. Asik for that much money was a HUGE mistake....for the Rockets.

How? So far he has been living up to his contract unlike Taj.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
nope. one of my favorite moments in NBA history.

You on the other hand....have too much love for non-bulls. it irks me. :shrug:

Too much love for non Bulls??? Wut???? That's rich........ Tell your boy Hue that shit....

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
The Bulls didn't have any intentions to start him so it wasn't a mistake. The mistake was as other posters wrote, that we lost him for nothing. At least we didn't lose Taj for nothing too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, Boozer is on his last legs. Better to move Boozer in a couple years as Asik develops enough to play alongside Noah, and as insurance because Noah gets injured alot.

I think this move was terrible, because it lacked the foresight to see the continued developement not only of Asik's skills, but his body as well. He is a good pro, and will keep getting better. Reinsdorf just has a real issue swallowing bullets.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Look, Boozer is on his last legs. Better to move Boozer in a couple years as Asik develops enough to play alongside Noah, and as insurance because Noah gets injured alot.

I think this move was terrible, because it lacked the foresight to see the continued developement not only of Asik's skills, but his body as well. He is a good pro, and will keep getting better. Reinsdorf just has a real issue swallowing bullets.

you don't play Asik and Boozer together...unless you have Rose, Westbrook and Lebron on the floor with them. Otherwise...that would not be an ideal frontcourt offensively. You hardly ever saw those two together when Asik was here. And again, the Bulls had no intention of letting him go...they were victimized by the poison pill contract, the same type of contract they offered Redick a couple of years ago.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.