Asik a HUGE mistake

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
If you're the Bulls why did you run around all last season telling everyone that would listen: "We are going to keep Omer no matter what" Nice move, dumbass.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you don't play Asik and Boozer together...unless you have Rose, Westbrook and Lebron on the floor with them. Otherwise...that would not be an ideal frontcourt offensively. You hardly ever saw those two together when Asik was here. And again, the Bulls had no intention of letting him go...they were victimized by the poison pill contract, the same type of contract they offered Redick a couple of years ago.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Victimized? Victimized? buwuahahahahaha? What are you guys part of the Bulls PR team? Pleassssssee!!!!!. Nobody should have more money than us, and we run from the luxury tax like its ninja midgets in fire suits.

The funny part about your example is that Orlando matched our poison pill and wouldn't let Reddick walk for nothing. We still had room for one max contract so its ludircous to say we couldn't still fit him in, and try to move Boozer so we could sign someone else.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Victimized? Victimized? buwuahahahahaha? What are you guys part of the Bulls PR team? Pleassssssee!!!!!. Nobody should have more money than us, and we run from the luxury tax like its ninja midgets in fire suits.

The funny part about your example is that Orlando matched our poison pill and wouldn't let Reddick walk for nothing. We still had room for one max contract so its ludircous to say we couldn't still fit him in, and try to move Boozer so we could sign someone else.

Wow, what a great idea! What makes you think the Bulls haven't tried that already...like after watching Thibs sit his ass down the stretch in the ECF??? I don't care how much money "we" have (that is part of the problem actually..."we"???), you don't just spend money to spend it...ask Knicks fans.

What's ludicrous is watching Noah and Asik play (that's what I meant to say, not Asik and Boozer)...with their combined 1.5 offensive moves, and thinking they could compliment each other well on the basketball court...THAT is ludicrous.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
ppl dont know salary cap allot of ppl think if we amnestied/moved boozer that would open up money for us, nah

you got to understand when we signed boozer....rose and noah were still on rookie contracts they were both extended to big deals so if we got rid of boozer (which is very unlikely) we still wouldnt have money to spend

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
ppl dont know salary cap allot of think if we moved boozer that would open up money for us, nah

you got to understand when we signed boozer....rose and noah were still on rookie contracts they were both extended to big deals so if we got rid of boozer (which is very unlikely) we still wouldnt have money to spend

The problem people should look at is not the fact that Asik is gone, but that Taj sucks right now. That is the real problem. He is easily having the worst year of his career.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Taj is suffering from either the "I got my money so I don't need to do jack" syndrome or the "I got my money so now I have to try super hard to try to live up to it" syndrome...or perhaps better known as the Eddy Curry and Joakim Noah syndromes. I have faith in Taj though...I think he'll turn it around soon.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The problem people should look at is not the fact that Asik is gone, but that Taj sucks right now. That is the real problem. He is easily having the worst year of his career.

that has nothing to do with my post but i agree lol

taj has been a big disappointment since signing that deal (look back on the first page i commented on this)...he says the deal is on his mind and thats affecting his play...but his body presence on the court lately looks like hes tired/dont care/not trying hard

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize we are stuck with Booze, but that he has his good qualities as well. Particularly because we need offense from somewhere, and when he scores 20 and doesn't turn the ball over, its a big help.

His defense is slowly improving, and he is a strange case of having a big body presence at times, and being a revolving door at others. I think he is a decent to good player but his max contract is holding us a back a bit.

I know with RIP, now Kirk, and Taj, we are pushing the limit. I just think you guys are underestimating how easy it would be for us to afford the luxury tax for a year or two if we were really trying to win championships.

Reinsdorf is a good business man. Asik was a business decision. I get it, but I think with a little hootspah it could have worked out.

Taj can fix part of this problem and I think he will as he gets in shape. It seems to me he "settled" for his back up role and mediocre NBA contract, that took away the motivation that was driving him before.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom line is the Bulls should have been making all moves to win a championship in 2014. Retaining Asik should have been part of that plan, particularly due to his upside and continued improvement.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can blow up the team and trade out of contracts after 2014, maybe even giving a piece like Deng away to get somebody on the verge willing to take Boozer. Then you still have

Rose, Noah, Asik, Taj, Butler, Teague, Miro to build around in a couple years. That roster probably has room to sign a top free agent and be highly competitive. Howard is going to go to New Jersey. Love will go to the Lakers.

Its virtually the same roster we will have in 2014 or 2015 if we didn't sign Asik. I don't think we couldn'd have taken the poison pill, they just were weak and cheap.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Asik isn't important enough to worry about. You still couldn't beat elite teams in a 7 game series if you had Asik. You need a 2nd guy. Getting Asik and not having another star player makes you a very good team, but you are not winning titles. You have a much better chance of winning if you have that star player to put with Rose.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Rose, Noah, Asik, Taj, Butler, Teague, Miro to build around in a couple years. That roster probably has room to sign a top free agent and be highly competitive.
asik would actually prevent us from signing a top FA since his contract would be 15 million in 2014

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
the salary cap as of right now is 58 million

in 2014 (f we kept asik)

Rose: $18,862,876
Noah: $13,150,000
Asik: $14,898,938
Taj: $8,000,000
Butler: $2,119,214
Teague: $1,120,920

thats lil over 58 and thats not counting mirotic

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Asik isn't important enough to worry about. You still couldn't beat elite teams in a 7 game series if you had Asik. You need a 2nd guy. Getting Asik and not having another star player makes you a very good team, but you are not winning titles. You have a much better chance of winning if you have that star player to put with Rose.
Well in theory you get the stars first and then add the pieces later, but it's not like star players are exactly readily available. At this point, if we're really going gung ho for titles, you might as well "blow up" the team to try to get a guy like Kevin Love just so you can have that second guy and hope at that point the ring chasing players start walking in for dirt.

Then again...look at the Lakers. :elephant:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well in theory you get the stars first and then add the pieces later, but it's not like star players are exactly readily available. At this point, if we're really going gung ho for titles, you might as well "blow up" the team to try to get a guy like Kevin Love just so you can have that second guy and hope at that point the ring chasing players start walking in for dirt.

Then again...look at the Lakers. :elephant:

I believe that is what they are setting things up for...a blowup. None of the new players are signed past 2014.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
FUCK ASIK...................ASIK DOESN'T EQUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS........SUPERSTARS DO.......THE BULLS LACK THEM..............I GUESS SOME PEOPLE ARE SATISFIED WITH JUST BEING GOOD ENOUGH............I'M NOT.............IF YOU WANNA SEE BULLS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS, PURCHASE 90S BULLS DVDS AND STUDY.....

Bear06

Liked Posts:
FUCK ASIK...................ASIK DOESN'T EQUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS........SUPERSTARS DO.......THE BULLS LACK THEM..............I GUESS SOME PEOPLE ARE SATISFIED WITH JUST BEING GOOD ENOUGH............I'M NOT.............IF YOU WANNA SEE BULLS CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS, PURCHASE 90S BULLS DVDS AND STUDY.....

FUCK BEN GORDON AND JR SMITH TOO THEN BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SUPERSTARS EITHER.....

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
FUCK BEN GORDON AND JR SMITH TOO THEN BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SUPERSTARS EITHER.....

At no point in my posting career did I ever call Ben Gordon or J.R Smith superstars........I said border line stars without the word super in my catergorizations.

I did however and still feel they are good offensive pieces to fill in the hole for our uncreative jumpshooting offensive team we have now if its Paxs vision that the Bulls can win rings with his beloved core of Boozer, Noah, Deng and Rose......If he blows up this current team like Hue believes they will do, then that would change everyone perspective on who the Bulls should bring in to be the 2nd superstar quality player next to Rose.....At no point in my memory of watching NBA basketball in modern history have I ever seen a team win a championship without at least 2 legitamate alpha dog players that you can rely on to get things done consistantly ....It takes at least 2 to make a thing go right.......Dr. J-Malone, Bird-Mchale, Magic-Kareem, Dumars-Thomas, Jordan-Pippen, Olajuwan-Drexler, Robinson-Dunkin or Duncan-Parker-Ginobli, Shaq-Kobe or Kobe-Gasol etc, Wade-Shaq, Wade-lebron, Garnett-Peirce etc etc etc etc..................................With the exception of the 04 Pistons although you could say they had a plethera of borderline superstars-B Wallace-R Wallace-Rip Hamilton-Chauncey Billups...........

Bulls: Rose=Legitamate allstar superstar.....Deng=borderline reserve allstar based on stats.....Noah=getting almost close to being allstar reserve..What you see Noah as now is him at his maximum potential and I don't see Noah getting any better than he is right now. I love the guy and he brings a lot of energy, but if a Brook Lopez or Kevin Love becomes available id pull the trigger...Id even pull the trigger for a Howard.........Boozer=no......That's it.............Championship=nope..................Mirotoc potentially could become Rose's Pippen in the future, but I wouldn't write that in stone, therefore Its time to use some of our current strters as trade bait and jump on opportunities that may occur in the future without all the Paxsonlike staggalations...............excuse my fuking spelling....

Last edited: