Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls grind out game 1 victory

After coming out on top against the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals, Kevin Love and the Timberwolves were clearly riding a wave of confidence heading into the NBA Finals. Ricky Rubio and Kevin Love were clicking early on, picking apart the Bulls' defense. However, behind strong shooting performances from Carmelo Anthony and James Harden, as well as impressive work on the boards by Taj Gibson, the Bulls rallied in the 4th quarter to come out on top. Kevin Love led all scorers with 30 points while adding 7 rebounds while Rubio added 18 and Derrick Williams had 17 points for the Timberwolves. Derrick Rose led the Bulls with 24 points while James Harden added 21 and Carmelo Anthony flirted with a triple double with 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists.

"It definitely took the whole team to get this win tonight," said Harden, who led the Bulls' strong shooting effort with a 3-3 performance from behind the 3 point line. "We had great ball movement and guys were able to knock down their shots. Taj was also huge on the glass tonight and our bench was able to come in and give us a spark as well. It was a team win."

"Our defense was what really opened up opportunities for us," said Gibson, who in addition to 12 points and 12 rebounds, added a steal and 2 blocks. "It was when we were able to get out in transition that things really started to turn out way. Derrick did an awesome job pressuring Ricky in the 4th and James basically shut down Brandon (Roy) the whole game. That was key."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Balanced effort leads Timberwolves to series tying victory in Game 2

The Timberwolves stepped up their defensive effort in game 2. After being torched by James Harden in game 1, the Timberwolves keyed in on him while also forcing the ball out of Derrick Rose's hands and were rewarded by a combined 6-22 shooting (0-10 from 3), effort by the Bulls' backcourt. Meanwhile, while the Timberwolves only had 3 players reach double figures in scoring, they had 5 others come within a basket of double digits. Derrick Williams led all scorers with 22 points with 9 rebounds while Kevin Love had 13 points, 14 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Joakim Noah led the Bulls with 15 points and 14 rebounds, but was the only Bull who had success from the field as the Bulls shot just 41% overall.

"We still had a chance," said Derrick Rose, who had 15 points, 7 rebounds, and 9 assists in the loss. "Bad shooting isn't an excuse. We were right there until the end...just couldn't get the shots to go down."

"Maybe we got too complacent with shooting jumpers in the 1st half," said James Harden. "They just wouldn't go down early on and I think that affected our confidence later in the game. We should've taken it to the basket more and tried to get some easy baskets. We'll have to bounce back next game with these things in mind. Still got 2 more games to win."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls thrash Timberwolves; take 2-1 lead

In a pivotal game 3, the Bulls took their game to a whole other level. They were stifling defensively, accumulating 9 steals and 14 blocks on the night. The 14 blocks were easily a season high, in either playoff or regular season play. The Timberwolves could not buy a basket against the Chicago defense, shooting just 28% from the field for the game. Their 8 points in the second quarter were a record low. Kevin Love had 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Timberwolves, but no other player on the team was able to get anything going. Love himself was just 3-15 from the field. Meanwhile, the Bulls got another strong performance from Joakim Noah, who had 20 points and 15 rebounds to go with 4 blocks. Taj Gibson was also a monster defensively, swatting 6 shots to go with his 14 points and 11 rebounds. David West added 18 points off the bench.

It was also noticeable that Tom Thibodeau appeared to be happy for the first time seemingly ever.

"It was a defensive performance for the ages," said Thibodeau. "What's there not to be happy about? We held a team to under 30% and 8 points in a quarter. That's no simple feat. I'm proud of the way we played tonight."

"We just seemed to really have energy defensively tonight," said Carmelo Anthony, who also got in on the defensive party with 3 steals and 2 blocks to go with his 17 points. "After we got the first couple blocks in the first, it seemed to snowball from there. I think we were really able to get in their heads defensively and shake their confidence in their shots. I think they were genuinely scared to come in the paint. That's what we strive for. It was basically a perfect defensive game."

The Bulls will look to ride this momentum to a game 4 victory and the NBA championship.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Note: I played this game on 7 minute quarters because of time constraints I had today

Bulls bring home the title

Chicago rejoiced as the Chicago Bulls were able to close out the Minnesota Timberwolves in game 4 to win their 7th NBA Championship. Behind a strong start, the Bulls raced out to an early lead they they would not relinquish. Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 18 points while James Harden added 15 and 3 assists. They also received a big contribution from Jimmy Butler who had 10 points off the bench and provided lockdown defense on several of the Timberwolves wing players. The Timberwolves had a run in the 2nd quarter, but the Bulls rallied behind their defense and were able to get some easy transition baskets. The bench came in and kept up the pressure and were able to close out the game with a double digit lead in hand.

"This is what we play for," said Carmelo Anthony. "To finally have the trophy in our hands...it's indescribable."

"It's amazing," said Derrick Rose, who took home the Finals MVP as well. "This is what we've been working to the whole year...our whole lives. To finally get it is just amazing. I never want to lose this feeling. Now no one can say we're not winners."

Well...there it is. Hopefully y'all enjoyed that. Onwards to fantasyland.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Followed all the way through unlike DP and Capt. :smh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol so I decided to go through the offseason stuff because I finished my homework earlier than I expected today...interesting things happened.

Melo was a jerk and ditched the team...basically refused to re-sign. Then Chris Bosh comes in and says he'll take less to play for a championship (the big 3 all opted out). I was going to sign him for the lolz, but I got stuck with the MMLE (I'm way over the tax obviously...who knew they actually put that in the game...nice touch) and he was request juuuuuuust a little bit over that. David West and Michael Redd I also couldn't seem to re-sign, oddly enough. I shrugged that off and signed Larry Sanders (MMLE), Boris Diaw, and Donatas Montejunas (both vet min). Then in the draft I was offered the #7 pick for Otto Porter and whatever 1st round pick I had in the draft. I jumped all over that and drafted, to my surprise, Andrew Wiggins.

So yeah...somehow got the team younger and better-ish (potentially anyway) in the offseason after winning the championship. ZOMG CLEARLY I AM BESTEST GM EVAR!!!

Might bring this back for a 3rd season some time in the distant future just because this team was so fun to play with. Who knows?