Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is my Chicago Bulls Association for NBA 2k13. The settings I will be playing on are as follows:

Difficulty-Superstar
12 minute quarters
Default sliders
29 game season (so I can actually get through multiple seasons maybe)
5 game playoff series (so it's actually a series of sorts)
Trade override off (all trades will be "legit")
Team chemistry: on
Player Roles: off (I find it annoying)
Imported 2013 draft class (whichever one has the highest rating/downloads at the time of start)

I'll also be putting Derrick Rose on the IR until January or February in order to emulate the real life injury.
The current roster:
Starters:
PG-Kirk Hinrich
SG-James Harden
SF-Rudy Gay
PF-Taj Gibson
C-Joakim Noah

Bench
Michael Redd
Marco Belinelli
Jimmy Butler
Kenyon Martin
Nazr Mohammed
Marquis Teague
Vladimir Radmanovich
Derrick Rose-IR

Hope you guys enjoy! :)

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls FO vows to put another star alongside Rose

The Bulls front office has supposedly made a promise to injured star Derrick Rose that they will get him legitimate help in their quest to win a title. Whether or not they hold true to this promise remains to be seen. Rumors stirring say that the Bulls are looking hard at Rudy Gay, Kevin Martin, and James Harden as targets.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Breaking news: Bulls acquire Gay from Grizzlies

True to their word, the Bulls have worked on a deal to acquire star Rudy Gay from the Memphis Grizzlies. The trade sends Luol Deng and Nate Robinson to the Grizzlies for Gay and a 2014 1st round draft pick.

"We're really excited to add Rudy to the team," said Bulls GM Gar Forman. "We realized that in order to give Derrick and the rest of the team the best chance at making a run after Derrick comes back was to get another star to help carry the load. We think we accomplished that in getting Rudy."

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls sign veteran Michael Redd

The Bulls announced an agreement with free agent shooting guard Michael Redd to a one year deal worth approximately 2.08M. This comes on the heels of the Rudy Gay trade earlier today.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Traded Deng for Gay :smh:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls get Harden; sign Martin

The Bulls continued their preseason wheeling and dealing sending Carlos Boozer and Richard Hamilton and a 2014 1st round pick to the Rockets in exchange for James Harden. In a subsequent move, the Bulls signed former 1st overall pick Kenyon Martin.

"We're ecstatic to add James and Kenyon to our roster," Bulls GM Gar Forman said. "We know James and Derrick and Rudy will form a backcourt to be reckoned with for the next several years. Kenyon is a seasoned veteran who can step in and play that backup power forward role. We were reluctant to let Carlos go with how well he's played for the past couple years, but we couldn't pass up an opportunity to make moves that put us in a great position for the future."

Taj Gibson will become the Bulls new starting PF with Harden stepping into the starting SG role.

The Bulls also announced the new players' jersey numbers as they welcomed all 4 new players in a press conference.
Rudy Gay will wear #24, James Harden will wear #3, Michael Redd will wear #20, and Kenyon Martin will wear #2.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Belinelli injured during practice

Bulls guard Marco Belinelli suffered a strained groin during Monday's practice at the Berto Center. The injury was diagnosed as minor and he will still be available in the Bulls' season opener against the Suns. The Bulls are expected to give him rest, however, as Michael Redd is available to play more minutes. Kirk Hinrich and Marquis Teague might get more minutes as well.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls outgunned by Suns, drop season opener 139-131

The Bulls learned that sometimes you cannot win on talent alone as they dropped a game to the Suns that was never really in question from beginning to end. The Suns lit up the Bulls to the tune of 139 points and 56% shooting. Shannon Brown had 33 points, Michael Beasley added 28, and Luis Scola had 23 points and 12 boards to lead the Suns to a demoralizing victory over the new look Bulls, who never really seemed in sync at all. Rudy Gay had a game high 39 for the Bulls, but it was not enough as could not fight back from an early 11 point deficit. James Harden struggled mightily against the athleticism of Shannon Brown, finishing with 24 points, but shooting a woeful 8-28 from the field.

"It's frustrating to have a game like that," said Harden. "It's gonna take some time for us to adjust to each other, sure, but we've got to play better overall. There were a lot of shots that didn't go down that I know I could make, especially at the end, and a lot of no calls at the rim, but still...no excuse."

"The Suns just outworked us," said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. "They were quicker to loose balls, had what felt like 15 blocks at the rim, out rebounded us...there was only so much we could do. When you have Shannon Brown going off for 30 plus and Beasley knocking down shots with hands right in his face, what can you do? We'll have to regroup and come out the next game with a better strategy."

The Bulls were almost able to claw their way back into the game in the 4th, but the Suns made some key baskets at the end that were able to fend off the Bulls long enough to preserve the easy win.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GM Clonetrooper sucks.

I vote GM Scottiepippen1994 :smug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls gut out win in Sacramento

The new look Bulls sought redemption against the Kings and found it in a hard fought 124-120 victory in the Arco Arena. James Harden, who struggled mightily in the Bulls' last game, led the way with a game high 40 points and 9 assists. Rudy Gay added 28 points and 9 boards in the win.

"It definitely felt good to get that last game out of my system," said Harden. "I know I'm capable of playing well every night, it's just a matter of going out and doing it."

"I think we're starting to know each other's tendencies a little better," said Kirk Hinrich, who had 15 points and 9 assists in the win. "It's a wonder what a little practice time will do. Rudy and James are both outstanding guys and Michael and Kenyon have come in and contributed right away with their skills. Once DRose comes back, we're going to be a heck of a team."

Always one to see the negatives in a win, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was quick to point out several of Harden's defensive lapses, including allowing matchup Marcus Thornton to score 39 points.

"James can't always just try to outscore his opponents, he's got to try to stop them as well. It seemed a lot like he was trying to respond to everything Thornton was doing on the offensive side of the ball instead of on the defensive side. In time, we'll get him in tune with our defensive philosophy, but we're just glad to have a guy like him on the team."

Unlike the last game, the Bulls were able to close out the win behind the efforts of Harden and Gay, who scored every point down the stretch for the Bulls with Harden draining 4 straight free throws at the end of the game to seal the win.

The Bulls will take on the star studded Lakers in their next game on Saturday.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls sign Troy Murphy

The Bulls announced today that they have signed veteran F/C Troy Murphy to a one year deal. Terms of contract were not disclosed per team policy.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks