The Illini Basketball Thread

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's the fucking moron that thought starting the game at 9 was a good idea? What do you guys expect? I say a win.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Purdue sucks cock. Foul and drag the game out when you have no chance. Fuck them.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Joe Lunardi has us "Next 4 Out" even after the win. I don't see how they get in even with a win at Purdue b/c inevitably teams that shouldn't make the NCAA tourney will win their conference tourney to steal a spot.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rice had a great game.
His shot is back. Black was a beast. Colbert is looking very good, too. I was actually puzzled why Groce didn't play them as much in the second half.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Joe Lunardi has us "Next 4 Out" even after the win. I don't see how they get in even with a win at Purdue b/c inevitably teams that shouldn't make the NCAA tourney will win their conference tourney to steal a spot.
I think what it takes is a win against Purdue and at least a win in the B1G tourney.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think what it takes is a win against Purdue and at least a win in the B1G tourney.
Depends on what JimJohnson was referring to in which a team that has no business winning their conference tourney, does win their conference tourney in one of the bigger conferences. That'll knock IL out.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I get what Jim is referring to. The NCAA gets a Cinderella that accidentally won its conference tourney. That will take the other more deserving team from that conference out of the tournament, if the choice is that team or a 21 win Power 5 team, imho.

Last edited:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After that fouling bullshit Purdue did in their last game I hope the Illini come out and hang 90 on them. Bury the bastards.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They just can't maintain a lead. Welp...off to the NIT where they will play all away games thanks to the renovation of the Farm.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
WTF happened to Nunn? This guy was playing like a stud a while back and then he just turned to complete shit.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
For whatever reason when Rice came back, he got in a funk with his stroke. The kid couldn't buy a trey. While I appreciate what the seniors have done, I am more excited to see what Paul/Colbert can do in the middle next year. Black is going to be a stud. Hill moves to his natural 3 spot and then we have Nunn at 2 with Tracy coming back. The Freshman class adds a couple of shooters who should get some tick.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
For whatever reason when Rice came back, he got in a funk with his stroke. The kid couldn't buy a trey. While I appreciate what the seniors have done, I am more excited to see what Paul/Colbert can do in the middle next year. Black is going to be a stud. Hill moves to his natural 3 spot and then we have Nunn at 2 with Tracy coming back. The Freshman class adds a couple of shooters who should get some tick.

Next year could be an interesting year for Illini sports. If nothing changes for football/basketball, Groce, Beck, and Thomas may all be finished.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You're always so positive, Jim. :D

Tired of losing bro. We have a 3 headed losing monster right now at UI. Thomas, Beck, and Groce are all losers. I would love to get paid millions and all I had to do was lose.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think Thomas is a loser. You can't turn the barge around that quickly. Guenther was an absolute mess. Groce? I think next year will be better. Football is the eye sore, but I think Thomas went behind the scenes putting feelers out and realized the coaches worth 2 cents weren't coming to IL no matter what. You can't fire a staff just for the sake of something different.