The Illini Basketball Thread

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only a few of us care about the Illini. Opinions vary.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Only a few of us care about the Illini. Opinions vary.

I care about the Illini. I just don't see how a home victory against an awful Purdue team constitutes "not having any pussies" on the basketball team. It's easy to win at home against bad teams.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you guys think will happen today?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Win today and get to 4-4. PSU and Rutgers next at home and we get to 16-7 and 6-4 and looking pretty. Then things get tricky with MSU twice, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa. Gotta get Rice back.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I care about the Illini. I just don't see how a home victory against an awful Purdue team constitutes "not having any pussies" on the basketball team. It's easy to win at home against bad teams.
That "awful Purdue team" just beat Iowa.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Another strong road performance for these pussies. But at least it was to a very, very good basketball team.

I'm guessing we won't hear from Parade after this monster of a performance.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The road is tough for everyone in the B1G this year. Not impressed with Illini on the glass today. Its a very different team with Black in the game.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The road is tough for everyone in the B1G this year. Not impressed with Illini on the glass today. Its a very different team with Black in the game.

Illinois has the worst road record in the Big 10.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So its even tougher on the Illini. Great response.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So its even tougher on the Illini. Great response.

Like I said earlier, Illinois has a bunch of pussies on their team. Mental midgets that can't overcome difficult surroundings. It's pathetic.

Anyone who defends these guys has a loser mentality. Not sure if you're defending them or not but it's difficult to tell sometimes with your posts.

It seems like you're looking for some great insight into why they suck or how they can improve and I think you're missing the point. The program has been shit ever since Dee and James left.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Like I said earlier, Illinois has a bunch of pussies on their team. Mental midgets that can't overcome difficult surroundings. It's pathetic.

Anyone who defends these guys has a loser mentality. Not sure if you're defending them or not but it's difficult to tell sometimes with your posts.
Yeah. It's pathetic. No Abrams, no Rice, no Cosby and no Paul. No. I don't defend them, but I don't have a lot of patience for your lack of insight. You didn't want the Cubs to sign Lester because he looked bad in the post season.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ease up on Parade. he is an Illini fan.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Ease up on Parade. he is an Illini fan.

I graduated from the school. And I'm f'ing sick of the losing. A once proud program has become absolute shit. Illinois has arguably the worst athletic program in the Big 10 and it's f'ing humiliating. I'm sick of it.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I graduated from the school. And I'm f'ing sick of the losing. A once proud program has become absolute shit. Illinois has arguably the worst athletic program in the Big 10 and it's f'ing humiliating. I'm sick of it.
None of that is a reason to be a dick with Parade.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
None of that is a reason to be a dick with Parade.

I'm not going to tolerate people accepting mediocrity. Parade criticized me after the last game after the guys "didn't play like pussies." Yet he hardly shows up after losses and then when Illinois loses a game they should win, he makes excuses for why they aren't winning.

So yes, I'll be a dick with people like that. I'll be the biggest dick you've ever known.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not going to tolerate people accepting mediocrity. Parade criticized me after the last game after the guys "didn't play like pussies." Yet he hardly shows up after losses and then when Illinois loses a game they should win, he makes excuses for why they aren't winning.
I show up after a loss. Why should they have won against Minny @ Minny? How are they possibly going to win a lot with Abrams out the season, then Rice going down for a month and a half, and then Cosby? There are only so many rabbits getting pulled out of a hat. I've bled O&B since the late 60's, bud. I've seen good basketball and bad. I don't give 2 craps whether you got your diploma from UIUC, Parkland or the local beauty school. Calling these kids pussies isn't acceptable. It sure isn't worth reading either.

So yes, I'll be a dick with people like that. I'll be the biggest dick you've ever known.
This is you after UI basketball games -

18df2b56513f75a0930a1b8f8eada16b1acb44ed986b69144e9f0abb8b2c5b33.jpg

Last edited:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I show up after a loss. Why should they have won against Minny @ Minny? How are they possibly going to win a lot with Abrams out the season, then Rice going down for a month and a half, and then Cosby? There are only so many rabbits getting pulled out of a hat. I've bled O&B since the late 60's, bud. I've seen good basketball and bad. I don't give 2 craps whether you got your diploma from UIUC, Parkland or the local beauty school. Calling these kids pussies isn't acceptable. It sure isn't worth reading either.

Once again, you don't get it. Every year, people make up excuses for why the team sucks. It's always something different. The team is young, they're hurt, bad coach, bad recruiting. It's starting to sound very similar to what the Cubs fans have been saying for the past 107 years. This team has absolutely sucked ass since 2007 and with all the talent that comes out of this state, it is simply unacceptable performance.

Also, these aren't kids. They are adults. And right now, they are playing like pussies.

Minnesota was 1-6 in the Big 10 heading into this game so its pretty damn obvious why I expected a victory. If you can't get a road win against a team that is 1-6 in the conference, you won't get a road win against anyone. Not even the sisters of the poor.

This is you after UI basketball games -

18df2b56513f75a0930a1b8f8eada16b1acb44ed986b69144e9f0abb8b2c5b33.jpg

That's funny. You remind me of those pathetic little league coaches that tell their kids: "Guys, it's not whether you win or lose. It's how you play the game." I can't think of anything more pathetic than that.

Get some dignity man.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And I'm gonna say when they beat Purdue, the team crashed the boards. That's what Black does so well. Egwu isn't that type of player. One of the things I keep seeing Groce do is add more guards to the offense. They have so many one and done possessions, I tend to think they need to try a bigger lineup some times. It's not like Hill and Nunn can't carry the 3 point shooting. Get Tate, Nunn, Hill, Black and Morgan out there. It would be even easier to go heavy if Tate could shoot from outside the arc. Hopefully he develops that this off-season. I'm also puzzled as to why Colbert doesn't get more tick. Any ideas?