CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There is no way JimJohnson is college educated.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Once again, you don't get it. Every year, people make up excuses for why the team sucks. It's always something different. The team is young, they're hurt, bad coach, bad recruiting. It's starting to sound very similar to what the Cubs fans have been saying for the past 107 years. This team has absolutely sucked ass since 2007 and with all the talent that comes out of this state, it is simply unacceptable performance.
It isn't acceptable. Guenther ran both of the revenue generators into the ground, first football with his hire of Tepper (and also not paying attention to fan gameday experience) and basketball started with the Weber hire, which was the same hire as his football hires. Football, he hired an offensive guy after Tepper, then a recruiter after the offensive guy didn't recruit. Weber was the answer to Krueger and Self bolting for better jobs, because he wanted to stay in the B1G. IOW, that AD didn't hire a coach for the right reasons. From appearances he made hires based upon the previous coach's shortcomings. Turning IL into a dumpster fire and keeping it there after a terrific decade in the 80's took a truly special effort. It isn't magically going to come back. I've seen a lot of positives going on from the DIA office. The barge will start going the other way. That isn't accepting of crappy performance. It's recognizing where things are. Oh, and let's not forget the donor issues. The academia hampered the money going to the DIA because the IL version of T Boone wasn't allowed a ceremony and a piece of paper. That's dumb. That program up north right on their website acknowledges how Athletics are important to a university, yet the State school doesn't get it.

Also, these aren't kids. They are adults. And right now, they are playing like pussies.
They aren't kids. They aren't playing like pussies. They are a collection of talent that wasn't supposed to be the starting 5 this year. Hill, Nunn, Black, Egwu, etc. have provided plenty of effort. Egwu just became the All-Time Shot Blocker in IL history.

Minnesota was 1-6 in the Big 10 heading into this game so its pretty damn obvious why I expected a victory. If you can't get a road win against a team that is 1-6 in the conference, you won't get a road win against anyone. Not even the sisters of the poor.
Minny was expected to be in the pack with Illinois in the preseason. This was before Abrams went down and of course, no Rice and no Cosby. That matters.

That's funny. You remind me of those pathetic little league coaches that tell their kids: "Guys, it's not whether you win or lose. It's how you play the game." I can't think of anything more pathetic than that.

Get some dignity man.
LOL. If you think that's my position regarding UIUC BB your reading comprehension sucks.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Hmm. Has it been 5 weeks already? I just saw where both Cosby and Rice may play tomorrow.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First report of Rice breaking his hand was 1-6-15. Fast healer?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
At this point, I'd rather Rice not play the rest of the season. The team won't be dancing so may as well let the young guys play and develop.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
At this point, I'd rather Rice not play the rest of the season. The team won't be dancing so may as well let the young guys play and develop.
You think Tate is suddenly going to develop a 3 pt shot?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You think Tate is suddenly going to develop a 3 pt shot?

Doesn't matter. Rice doesn't help advance the Illini cause. Rice jacks up shots left and right which takes opportunities away from the rest of the guys.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, IOW, you can't answer the question.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Your question is irrelevant to my point. You created a straw man, nice work.
LOL. You want the younger players to develop. Tate needs an outside shot. You think that happens mid-season? That's called development. You want to develop LaTulip? If you want him on the floor a lot in the B1G, you haven't been watching. Nunn, Hill, Black, Tate are the ones who need to be on the floor and they already are there.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WDWS reports that Rice and Cosby are suspended. I wonder what those fuck heads did?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Impressive 2 pt win over Penn St. at home. Impressive.

I'm glad Rice got suspended. As I said, he serves 0 purpose at this point.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You make Biff look good. Sorry bf51 you are better than this clown. Somewhat