Tom Gorzelanny or Carlos Silva

Silva or Gorzelanny as the 5th Starter

• Total voters

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Ted Lilly returning from the DL soon, the Cubs will have to move someone to the bullpen. Gorzelanny and Silva have pitched great so far, but which one do you think should be moved to the 'pen? IMO Silva should, Gorzelanny is more consistent than him and he has better stuff.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Not really that great options. Probably Silva though......

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
to me Silva is not fit for the bullpen. He pitches to contact to much to come in with people on base while Gorzo can strike out people. Only problem would be there to many lefties in bullpen. They prolly should trade one of the Lefties for some right handed bullpen help

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a Cubs fan, but from what I've seen, Silva has more skill.

Serious Late

Liked Posts:
At the start of the season, I would have said keep Gorzelanny in the rotation. However, you gotta stick with Silva as long as he keeps throwing like he has so far. I've been pleasantly surprised.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Silva will start sucking once May comes, which is about when Lilly comes back. So therefore it's Silva

baseballjen

Liked Posts:
Right now I would have to go with Silva. He's had 2/2 excellent outings in regular season, and all but one good outing in the spring. Gorzelanny doing well, too. It's an unusual positive dilemma for the Cubs.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
Right now I would have to go with Silva. He's had 2/2 excellent outings in regular season, and all but one good outing in the spring. Gorzelanny doing well, too. It's an unusual positive dilemma for the Cubs.

Hey girl hey!! Glad to see you here at the boards!

mindbodyspirit

Liked Posts:
Silva has been perhaps our best starter thus far. To demote him would be a bad message to the staff... and how many $10M+ long relief guys are there in MLB? I think if Silva has an ERA Under 4.50, he's in the rotation... and rightfully so!

StrandedCub

Liked Posts:
Silva, no doubt. He has pitched too well to be taken out of the rotation. Gorzo has pitched well too but he got hit with a line drive today. He says it isn't serious but it gives the Cubs more of a reason to go with Silva anyway.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Carlos Silva has been impressive, much more than I thought he would be. I think he would be fine as the 5th starter until he starts to tank or becomes ineffective. The great thing we have going for us is we have options for starters.

davylee

Liked Posts:
Silva has shown very good stuff and with his ERA below 1 atm, would be foolish to move him to the bullpen. Would be nice to have a trade work out in our favor. Been a long time since we traded for Aramis Ramirez, and that one worked out so sweet.