#1 thing you won't miss with Lovie gone.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Constantly blowing our timeouts because of poor communication.

I highly doubt that changes... new offense is gonna lead to that more. Even the Packers had tons of issues yesterday and blew all of their 1st half time outs on those, which prevented them from using a challenge.

Chicago Da Team

Elite Member!
Donator
Liked Posts:
His keeping useless coaches on the roster feeling like anyone can do it effectively!

pboer323

Liked Posts:
Rex is our quarterback... Rex is our quarterback...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hearing fans ask why he doesnt show the fire and passion...lol

Really just the fact we could never find a offensive system that would complement our defense

upthemiddle

Liked Posts:
I didn't hate lovie but he was getting stale. His acceptance for mediocrity is what killed it for me. There were certain games on the schedule you knew the bears wouldn't win, even when they were good, their tendency to go into 2nd half tailspins also was annoying. His challenge flag management was also bad as some have said earlier... And overall just his lack of visible energy and emotion gets to you when the team is losing. I'm sure he's a great guy and he was a pretty damn good coach but it was his time.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Challenges, he always seemed so bad @ it.

only having 1 timeout to use for 80% of all halves.

Resting on laurels, particularly miid season or mid game. And player analysis.

having 14 point leads in games and reverting to playing pussy defense and pussy offense to let teams catch up and back in games. using Plays like 3 straight runs up the middle over and over and over and over ...and over. Nice guy in the real, but has that play not to lose scared coach, don't go for the kill mentality. That was his biggest Problem and downfall.....also emotion and adjustments.

Constantly blowing our timeouts because of poor communication.

I had a few things to say but these answers above say most of what I was thinking.

One thing I'll add - I won't miss the culture of letting privacy and internal camaraderie reach such a level that it turns into hostility towards media and fans. I felt a big part of Lovie's legacy was heard in the words of some players today, particularly the guy who's been the heart and soul of his defense and the player-face of his time as HC of the Bears.

Chicago Da Team

Elite Member!
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a few things to say but these answers above say most of what I was thinking.

One thing I'll add - I won't miss the culture of letting privacy and internal camaraderie reach such a level that it turns into hostility towards media and fans. I felt a big part of Lovie's legacy was heard in the words of some players today, particularly the guy who's been the heart and soul of his defense and the player-face of his time as HC of the Bears.
I have to say I agree with that because thats exactly the way I was viewing it. You know you've got to let your coach go when the players are talking shit to the fans. Right or wrong they should never do that.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Dividing the SEASON into 4ths ... so he could say things like " well we're 3-1 in our last 4 games " .

( always made my bullshit-o-meter go off )

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Smith hurt a lot of feelings by not telling the media and "fans" everything they want to know. LOL!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have to say I agree with that because thats exactly the way I was viewing it. You know you've got to let your coach go when the players are talking shit to the fans. Right or wrong they should never do that.

The words of Urlacher and Hester spoke volumes to me. The overwhelming tone of their comments was "You fuckers got our leader fired. We fucking hate you".

Urlacher sounded disgusted when Silvy asked him about being in Chicago next year, and Hester flat out threatened to retire!

I mean think about it - I've heard players express disappointment when their coaches are fired, but this sounded like someone had cheated their dad out of his life savings, FFS.

Lovie has bred something into his closest players that made them play their asses off for him (good for the Bears) but has also almost made him bigger than the club in their eyes (very bad for the Bears).

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
#1 thing I won't miss because of this firing... all the people on boards and in the Chicago media moaning about: oooh idk is Phil Emery really in charge?!?!? He talked too much like he is a man working in tandem with coaches to be in charge, could he really fire Lovie? It was so annoying without a doubt.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
WE GET OFF THE BUS RUNNING..................ESP FROM THE PACKERS

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"and we'll take it from dere"

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman's obscure/useless statistics and Lovie-asskissing.