#1 thing you won't miss with Lovie gone.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
The words of Urlacher and Hester spoke volumes to me. The overwhelming tone of their comments was "You fuckers got our leader fired. We fucking hate you".

Urlacher sounded disgusted when Silvy asked him about being in Chicago next year, and Hester flat out threatened to retire!

I mean think about it - I've heard players express disappointment when their coaches are fired, but this sounded like someone had cheated their dad out of his life savings, FFS.

Lovie has bred something into his closest players that made them play their asses off for him (good for the Bears) but has also almost made him bigger than the club in their eyes (very bad for the Bears).

I don't really have a problem with players being visably upset when someone who they really love is fired. That's a very big part of what makes him a good coach. He's a great motivator and any successful coach needs to have his players believe in him.

Hester and Urlacher are saying these things/acting this way in the heat of the moment. Give it some time and I think the players will settle down.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't really have a problem with players being visably upset when someone who they really love is fired. That's a very big part of what makes him a good coach. He's a great motivator and any successful coach needs to have his players believe in him.

Hester and Urlacher are saying these things/acting this way in the heat of the moment. Give it some time and I think the players will settle down.

I see your point, but it's not just been today.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
The opposing team at 3rd and 26 and freaking converting it because our corners are 15 yards back and are safeties are 30 some odd yards back. It was always frustrating watching games with friends and them looking at me like I was crazy for being worried on a down like that. I seriously think that's a feeling only Bears fans have gone through.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll stick with Bot's. Bullshit OC's. That was the worst.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The opposing team at 3rd and 26 and freaking converting it because our corners are 15 yards back and are safeties are 30 some odd yards back. It was always frustrating watching games with friends and them looking at me like I was crazy for being worried on a down like that. I seriously think that's a feeling only Bears fans have gone through.

The Bears were 6th on 3rd down defense this year, 10th last year, 6th in 2010, 27th in 2009, 5th in 2008, 20th in 2007, 2nd in 06, and 2nd in 05.

I really hope they have the same 3rd down issues under the next regime.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
The Bears were 6th on 3rd down defense this year, 10th last year, 6th in 2010, 27th in 2009, 5th in 2008, 20th in 2007, 2nd in 06, and 2nd in 05.

I really hope they have the same 3rd down issues under the next regime.

I'm not saying that when offenses were 3rd and short or 3rd and goal (basically anywhere 12 yards and under) that the "D" wasn't stout, however, offenses seemed to have a better chance at converting a 3rd and 26 as opposed to a 3rd and 2 because of the stupid prevent crap Lovie would call.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Being Green Bays bitch.

BirdDog1980

Liked Posts:
Watching inside slants kill us his entire regime. That shit really got old. It was really bad around '07, '08ish.

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying that when offenses were 3rd and short or 3rd and goal (basically anywhere 12 yards and under) that the "D" wasn't stout, however, offenses seemed to have a better chance at converting a 3rd and 26 as opposed to a 3rd and 2 because of the stupid prevent crap Lovie would call.

This was especially true in the Babich days. Ron Marinara knew what to do on 3rd and very long. During the Babich years a 3rd and 1 was a 80% chance of 4th down. A 3rd and 20 was a 10% chance of a 4th down. So, yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman's obscure/useless statistics and Lovie-asskissing.

His first report since it happened, he sounded like he was going to cry. Really sad and pathetic. He recovered by his next report tho later in the day.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
constant offensive miscommunication and having too much faith in players that are not very good. Grossman probably being the most notable.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Never showing any emotion regardless of the circumstance.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The almost complete ownage by teams that were even remotely any good.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Coaching a team that he designed that can only be successful by waiting for the other team to make mistakes. :) I love the turnovers the D gets and I hope that continues but this was a passive team. If the opposing team did not make enough mistakes, then we lost, plain and simple.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Staring off into the sky looking for divine intervention. Uhhh coach, God isn't a Bears fan.

This.

And his awful challenges and non-challenges. Wasnt it the Washington home game a couple years back where they called a timeout to see if they wanted to challenge a call, then challenged it and lost thus blowing two timeouts?