#1 thing you won't miss with Lovie gone.

unclebuck

Liked Posts:
The opposing team at 3rd and 26 and freaking converting it because our corners are 15 yards back and are safeties are 30 some odd yards back. It was always frustrating watching games with friends and them looking at me like I was crazy for being worried on a down like that. I seriously think that's a feeling only Bears fans have gone through.

while all have ben good answers and true this is the one most frustrating to me and i know exactly how u feel i never thought we could get off the field with only 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Calling Kellen Davis elite. Calling Devin Hester a #1 WR. Calling Rex his quarterback. Breaking down the season into quarters. Calling double time outs. Authorizing squib kicks in Atlanta.

Liked Posts:
For me I haven't quite figured it out yet, & it's a toss up between a few different things that really bugged me.

1) Staying with sinking ship players/coaches that were clearly the downfall of the team, especially with Tice this season. I think it's safe to say Tice should've been forced to hand the playbook to Bates. Even if the results were no better, at least show the team & fanbase that your willing to try something other than what obviously isn't working. Some people new Tice was a disaster before preseason, & their opinions weren't valued because they weren't considered "football guys".

1a. Not letting Orton QB the team in the 2005 playoffs. I'm sure hat Angelo played a part in this, however Lovie/Angelo are basically like the devil, & anti christ, which are basically one and same. I'm a firm believer in dancing with whomever brings you to the show, & in 2005, it was Orton, not Rex.

I guess I could come up with a number of things that drove me nuts, especially the way he mocked the fanbase opinions, in spite of the fanbases opinions being right time and time again, but he's no longer here, & no longer the problem so it's easier to let go of.

If the F.O. Can come up with at least two,hopefully three quality offensive lineman, a MLB, TE, DE/CB depth under a competent OC, this offseason, this will be a distant memory.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thinking Kellen Davis was actually an NFL TE.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
The words of Urlacher and Hester spoke volumes to me. The overwhelming tone of their comments was "You fuckers got our leader fired. We fucking hate you".

Urlacher sounded disgusted when Silvy asked him about being in Chicago next year, and Hester flat out threatened to retire!

I mean think about it - I've heard players express disappointment when their coaches are fired, but this sounded like someone had cheated their dad out of his life savings, FFS.

Lovie has bred something into his closest players that made them play their asses off for him (good for the Bears) but has also almost made him bigger than the club in their eyes (very bad for the Bears).

Oh fuck Mark Silverman and those of his ilk.

The players aren't stupid.

Members of the media were calling for Lovie to be fired a year after appearing in the Super Bowl.

They (the media members) were the ones who consistently tried to create turmoil by running with unsubstantiated stories for ratings.

Any vitriol they got in return from the players was well deserved.

If people think the next coach will be immune to this, the have another thing coming.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The words of Urlacher and Hester spoke volumes to me. The overwhelming tone of their comments was "You fuckers got our leader fired. We fucking hate you".

Urlacher sounded disgusted when Silvy asked him about being in Chicago next year, and Hester flat out threatened to retire!

I mean think about it - I've heard players express disappointment when their coaches are fired, but this sounded like someone had cheated their dad out of his life savings, FFS.

Lovie has bred something into his closest players that made them play their asses off for him (good for the Bears) but has also almost made him bigger than the club in their eyes (very bad for the Bears).

Yup. The condescending tones like we were all morons was getting pretty fucking tiresome. They act as if many of us can't tell what's wrong with the fucking team. Anyone who doesn't like that he's gone can follow him out the door IMO. The Chicago Bears made it for a long time without you, they will continue on without you. I'm a Bears fan first and foremost. Who wears the colors are interchangeable in my eyes.

rudder

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will not miss the ol' "There's a lot of football left to play" said after every loss. Could be early in the season or 2 games left in the season...there was always "a lot of football left to play" as if he had some kind of plan.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
First off, I'll admit that I was one of those people who absolutely thought Lovie was going to be here next year. He was definitely here long enough to earn the "Lovie Era" title... so, like breaking up with a long-time girlfriend, a little part of me is sad to see him go. However, the rest of me hopes the door handed him his ass on the way out.

What I won't miss is the blown time-outs... the horrible prevent mentality and conservative bullshit of sitting down on leads and pussing out on the last drives of the first half... the terrible play-calling... not being able or willing to adjust... the canned post game excuses and the endless feeling that no matter what he said things weren't actually going to get better.................... I could go on and on, but it all eventually breaks down into one word. PREDICTABILITY.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The one thing I wont miss, is his blatant favoritism to old buddies in the league. I'm not talking about bringing in players that share the same mindset and chemistry from time to time, I'm talking about pushing for guys that you coached in St. Louis that nobody in the league wants.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I had a few things to say but these answers above say most of what I was thinking.

One thing I'll add - I won't miss the culture of letting privacy and internal camaraderie reach such a level that it turns into hostility towards media and fans. I felt a big part of Lovie's legacy was heard in the words of some players today, particularly the guy who's been the heart and soul of his defense and the player-face of his time as HC of the Bears.

Right on and I share this sentiment and the above.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Right on and I share this sentiment and the above.

What about Phil Emery makes you think that the culture of extreme privacy is going to change? It's not likely... even in his presser he went on about not talking about players because of wanting to keep that private. The organization is staying that way; sucks to those who think that's an annoying issue.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
The non arguing with refs. Never pleads his case, he's just afraid to show any aggression.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Bringing over Rams retreads.

Not going for it on 4th and 1 when we are deep into the opponent's side.