Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Hardware: Not impressive
Design: Meh
Backwards Compatibility: Fail
Name: Seriously Special person. XboxOne? So when you go to a gamestop and buy an Xbox1 game, they will constantly have to remind you in their condescending nerd voices that it wont play on the XboxOne, even though it's an Xbox1 game.
Innovation: What innovation?
Development team: Cocky and live in a bubble

I give this announcement 0.5 out of 5 stars.

I'm sure they can show some awesome demos at E3 and have an awesome ad campaign, but even that might not save it. 360 will wind up being one of those legendary consoles that people miss.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

In a blog post, Major Nelson has some good news. "Should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile," Nelson wrote. The blog post also mentioned that customers will be able to trade and sell their used games at retail outlets.

However, Microsoft executive Phil Harrison, in an interview with Kotaku, has some potentially bad news. The aforementioned 'fee' to play games on a second account? Full MSRP. So unless you want to use your account for your entire family, you'll be dishing out an extra $40, $50, $60 for siblings or friends to try out new games. Harrison did tell Kotaku that his company plans to allow gamers to 'trade' their used games online somehow - though declined to get into further details.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are going to kill the used game market and seriously empower the hackers/pirates out there... idk what they are thinking... Crystallas is right, these guys are living in a bubble....

Hmmm, no user replacement of hard drive, but external drives are allowed.... so you buy external HDs, install cracked games on the external drive and then plug it in and play.... cracking Xbox games is about to become as easy as cracking a PC game

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
FIFA UT has exclusive content with XboxOne...that is enough for me to buy it. lol

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
official Box art, plus you can see what the cases will look like on XboxOne

BK-aashCEAEG1sm-610x831.jpg

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Hardware: Not impressive
Design: Meh
Backwards Compatibility: Fail
Name: Seriously Special person. XboxOne? So when you go to a gamestop and buy an Xbox1 game, they will constantly have to remind you in their condescending nerd voices that it wont play on the XboxOne, even though it's an Xbox1 game.
Innovation: What innovation?
Development team: Cocky and live in a bubble

I give this announcement 0.5 out of 5 stars.

I'm sure they can show some awesome demos at E3 and have an awesome ad campaign, but even that might not save it. 360 will wind up being one of those legendary consoles that people miss.

I like that it doesn't look like a traditional console. Looks like a piece of actual AV equipment, sadly it looks like a cheap piece.

Switching to x86 architecture was the right move, good trade off with backward compatibility.

They're actually doing some interesting stuff on the software side, essentially running two VMs which is a neat idea.

The rest of it is pure shit though. MS is really fucking the goat, I'd never buy one of these things. They are completely fucking over consumers.

Looks like I'll be sticking with PC, and will eventually get a PS4 unless Sony does something mega dumb (or MS realizes what it's doing is going to destroy it's market share)

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
They are going to kill the used game market and seriously empower the hackers/pirates out there... idk what they are thinking... Crystallas is right, these guys are living in a bubble....

Hmmm, no user replacement of hard drive, but external drives are allowed.... so you buy external HDs, install cracked games on the external drive and then plug it in and play.... cracking Xbox games is about to become as easy as cracking a PC game

Not exactly. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that by MS requiring the console to do a check in to home base it's going to run auth checks against your installed games (every game you buy will have to be installed). To get around this hackers/crackers are going to have to simulate the software check in. Which is completely do-able on PC, but in that case you're running a real OS that you can install whatever software you want, I don't think this will necessarily be the case with the console.

It really depends on how much MS locks down the OS on the box, and how well they're able to keep up with the people hacking it.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-features-remote-play-can-talk-to-you-report/

Xbox One will not only use Kinect for voice commands, but the camera will also talk to you and let you know if there is someone in the room it doesn’t recognize, and will ask the person to identify themselves.

According to source speaking with Polygon, the new person identified will then have their identity saved to the console, and then will be “welcomed” by the system.

Think of the ability for Kinect to talk in a similar fashion to Siri on iPhone or Kitt on Knight Rider. Hopefully, not as annoyingly sarcastic though.

The system’s voice capabilities may not be available at launch, as Microsoft may opt to patch it in later.

Xbox One will also feature remote play, according to the source. For instance: you are having a tough time killing a boss, you just Skype with a friend who has rad skillz, and then they can take over for you in your game and kill the boss for you.

A demonstration of the feature, the source said, showed a message on screen asking if it was okay for the person they were Skyping with to take over in the game. The initial player was then able to watch the new player take matters into their own hands. Both could end remote play just by pressing a button.

The source said the demo was shown via two console connected locally, yet was told Microsoft isn’t worried over any latency issues.

Microsoft has yet to respond to the report on these features.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I've been an Xbox supporter since the 360 as I think it is superior to the ps3, even though you pay more. This new system should be released with the word "GREED" burned into the top of the console. They already make us pay for live(which I support because they do a good job of updating and it doesn't crash) and now they want us to pay for EVERY game? No testing it out or anything? On top of that, if your internet is out you can't even play? Fuck them. If they didn't price gauge with their games already they would sell more new games.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game uses cloud computing a lot apparently, which goes along with the "always-online" discussion. The Xbox 360 version of the game is being made by someone else, which makes sense because the 360 doesn't support that kind of thing. That version will need to be an enhanced version.

Multiplayer centric game too, obviously.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Give it to a friend that has been a friend for 30+ days?

So the Microsoft developers think girls date them for their games, and this is the only way for them to have relationships that last a full calendar month?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I just got the email with the sharing games through friends stuff etc...the more and more I hear about this console the more and more the Wii-U sounds cooler.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The disappointment all in image form.

drm4yjrw.png

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What I don't like, is now MS is tossing it to Sony to simply dominate. And with less pressure from XboxOne, Sony is going to take it easier on aggressive releases and competitive prices.

If Sony were smart, they would take FULL advantage of this, not even let Microsoft get any breathing room. Undercut them on pricing, beat them to every punch, and just kill XboxOne. But I doubt they will. Sony isn't as perfect as Nintendo, as far as quality/price points go. And they aren't as good as Samsung when it comes to releasing big volumes onto the market.