XBOX One Discussion Thread

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Picked mine up at midnight launch, got NBA 2k14, COD Ghosts, and Dead Rising 3. Might go tomorrow to pick up Battlefield 4 and Ryse. Right now I'm on the update and I honestly don't think it's moved in the 30 minutes I've had it up.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just ordered one.

Only place I could find one was through the microsoft store...surprised still available.

Had to pay extra 37 dollars for tax though...which sucks, but whatever

Last edited:

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
So.... you get it tomorrow?

I'm picking it up friday afternoon before I go to work. Unfortunately, I've been having to work quite a bit of overtime as of late, plus I'm more than likely going out of town on saturday after working 12 hours on friday, I probably won't be actually playing it til sunday night when I get back home.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Just picked up mine. My update didn't take very long, i'd say longer than 5 minutes but shorter then 10. I have to leave for work in a half hour so I don't think i'll be playing much. I do have to say however that the controller feels like a glove.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
And my disc drive doesn't work. I'm probably going to have to send it in.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I played it until 6 am then woke up at 1 and started again. What you can do with it is absolutely mind blowing. I truthfully feel bad for those that went with a playstation. Drop the extra $100, it's more than worth it.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I'm glad my suffering amuses you.

No offense, been following a few threads here trying to figure out which system to get. I remember you saying that you chose the XB1 because you were worried about technical issues with the PS4. I find it kind of ironic.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Console should arrive monday or tuesday.

On amazon today, i ordered 2 games...CoD: ghosts and Forza 5. Got both those for $88 total. Games were $49 each and used free shipping, also used a $10 promo code on them.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
No offense, been following a few threads here trying to figure out which system to get. I remember you saying that you chose the XB1 because you were worried about technical issues with the PS4. I find it kind of ironic.

I never said I chose the XB1 over the Ps4 due to their technical issues considering I pre ordered it back in like August. I did however say that due to the technical issues the PS4 was having I was now worried about my console. Which, turns out, I was correct.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Argh, sorry to hear it Cerebral.... when you get it back and working I would like to know your thoughts about the quality.... I won't take anything from a bad disc drive, it happens.... sucks but there is always a chance you get a dud on any console or any piece of your PC gaming machine.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I played it until 6 am then woke up at 1 and started again. What you can do with it is absolutely mind blowing. I truthfully feel bad for those that went with a playstation. Drop the extra $100, it's more than worth it.

Can you elaborate at all, what are some of your favorite features thus far?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Argh, sorry to hear it Cerebral.... when you get it back and working I would like to know your thoughts about the quality.... I won't take anything from a bad disc drive, it happens.... sucks but there is always a chance you get a dud on any console or any piece of your PC gaming machine.

The timing is really bad because in two weeks I'm leaving the country and won't be back til the 26th of December. So, unless I get it right before I leave, I won't get a chance to play it til then.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it really matter what system or which one is "supposedly" better?

I have both a 360/PS3 & love both.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

No...Look at the games and what each console brings to the table, choose one, enjoy it....

I too have both a 360 and ps3, love both...

Chose to get xbox one, just because ps4 is sold out EVERYWHERE, for awhile. One day i'll have both consoles, and eventually sell my 360 and ps3.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I don't really care which one is supposedly better, I intend to buy Xbox One, I am just looking for people's experiences with the system in case it has any serious pitfalls like the early Xbox 360s did.... with the 360 I think I waited a year before I got one and it was probably a good thing cause of all the RROD issues with the first ones out.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got mine today...So far no issues. Over 500 MB update to start. Then if you wanna play blu-ray or DVDs you have to install a app to do so(why?)

Really nice...voice recognition is hit or miss though....I say Xbox Games...it takes me to Music?...no big deal, won't use voice recognition often

Still can't wait to try games when i get them.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Got mine today...So far no issues. Over 500 MB update to start. Then if you wanna play blu-ray or DVDs you have to install a app to do so(why?)

Really nice...voice recognition is hit or miss though....I say Xbox Games...it takes me to Music?...no big deal, won't use voice recognition often

Still can't wait to try games when i get them.

How does the voice stuff work? Does it expect a command once it hears you say "Xbox" ?