XBOX One Discussion Thread

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does the voice stuff work? Does it expect a command once it hears you say "Xbox" ?

[video=youtube;mdsTjOTUcjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdsTjOTUcjs[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;mdsTjOTUcjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdsTjOTUcjs[/video]

Lol cool that its essentially always listening, but it seems like you have to command your Xbox like a Nazi dictator in the video :D

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Can you elaborate at all, what are some of your favorite features thus far?

The voice control I like a lot plus it has worked out well for me. I thought maybe they wouldn't work out that well but they definitely have proved me wrong. You can hook up your cable box to it and tell it what channel you want to watch, no scrolling through your guide. Tell it to watch ESPN, it goes to ESPN. You can go on your "Dashboard (if that's what it's still called)" without interrupting your game even if your online. Maybe I'm in a cod game and I want to check to see if someone is online, I can hit me home button and completely remove the game screen from my tv and then once I'm done I can go back and I will still be in the game and nothing effected. Also when a party invite comes up, you can tell it to accept invite and it will do that for you. Another thing I liked was the controller, it's a little bigger and a little heavier and it fits my hand better than the last. It also feels better in my hands, especially since I have bigger hands. The console is also extremely quiet, you will forget it's even on, it makes next to no noise. On a lesser note, the headset they included with the system is actually nice and the whole chatting with other people has improved. You actually sound like you do in real life as opposed to the last Xbox where mics could alter your voice a tad. The sound quality is a lot better and the headset is actually decent. On top of all of that, you can be watching netflix/tv or you can pull up the internet to look up clues what to do in your game all while playing your game. You can pull everything up right beside your game by saying "snap (insert what you want to pull up here)".

Some of my complaints with it:
-Doesn't show you when friends get online, you have to keep checking your friends list to see who gets online.
-Xbox apparently doesn't want you to socialize with people. If you're in a party with other people that are playing a game and you're watching tv or playing another game, it will literally non stop invite you to join their game. They want you to be in a party with people playing the same game. It's really fucking annoying.
-You have to install your games, which does take some time.

I think my complaints with it will eventually be updated anyway because everyone else seems to be just as annoyed as I am. The system is quite a bit more complex than the last one and they seemed to make everything a lot more complicated than it needed to be. It's still phenomenal everything you can do with it.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get my 2 games today. Just got done downloading a 1.2 GB update for CoD...now Installing the game.

Shit taking forever

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just put in Forza 5...6GB Update(the rest of the game apparently) required then 40 GB Install.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Liked Posts:

I found that out yesterday, but thank you for posting that information. I actually had to re contact MS because the label they gave me had a portion of my address missing so after I got done fixing that issue I confirmed the free game. I'm going to use it for Forza. On the plus side, my XB1 is already at it's destination in Texas, now I just have to wait til it gets fixed and shipped back.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
According to the email I got yesterday, my XB1 was overnighted and should be reaching me sometime today. According to Fed Ex tracking, it's already in my city.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
According to the email I got yesterday, my XB1 was overnighted and should be reaching me sometime today. According to Fed Ex tracking, it's already in my city.

Lol I hate when I am waiting on something like that, refreshing the tracking trying to figure out when its going to come.... worst is if you are home waiting on something and you see "OUT FOR DELIVERY - 4:15AM" and you think, well shit its 8am, it was out for delivery almost 4 hours ago, its gotta get here by like noon or something right? Right?! Naaahhh.... it shows up like 3:52PM in the 10 minute window where you decided to take a shower and they leave you a note saying they were there even though they didn't bother to ring the bell or knock.... I am pretty sure those dudes get down to their last packages and rather than try to deliver them, they zoom around and stick notes on each door and then call it a day.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Lol I hate when I am waiting on something like that, refreshing the tracking trying to figure out when its going to come.... worst is if you are home waiting on something and you see "OUT FOR DELIVERY - 4:15AM" and you think, well shit its 8am, it was out for delivery almost 4 hours ago, its gotta get here by like noon or something right? Right?! Naaahhh.... it shows up like 3:52PM in the 10 minute window where you decided to take a shower and they leave you a note saying they were there even though they didn't bother to ring the bell or knock.... I am pretty sure those dudes get down to their last packages and rather than try to deliver them, they zoom around and stick notes on each door and then call it a day.

Almost hit it right on the head. Only, thankfully this package was sign delivery only. It got to my city around 8 and got on a truck around 8:47. Got here like 20 minutes ago. Of course, my wife woke me up around 5 in the morning and i've been unable to fall asleep since. I just fell asleep about an hour ago and what do you know, knock knock. I'm doing all the updating right now, haven't checked the disc drive yet, but if all goes well i'll play a few games and send my happy ass back to bed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Question for any Xbox One owners.... I was reading a thread in another forum about a guy wanting to get an HDMI splitter so he would have a way to just use the TV at times and leave the Xbox One off. He was saying with the TV feed running through the Xbox One you are stuck having the Xbox One on all the time in order to watch TV.

Is this entirely true? And perhaps I am just not informed on the subject.... do you just regularly leave the console on all the time, kinda like you would with your cable box?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Question for any Xbox One owners.... I was reading a thread in another forum about a guy wanting to get an HDMI splitter so he would have a way to just use the TV at times and leave the Xbox One off. He was saying with the TV feed running through the Xbox One you are stuck having the Xbox One on all the time in order to watch TV.

Is this entirely true? And perhaps I am just not informed on the subject.... do you just regularly leave the console on all the time, kinda like you would with your cable box?

Unless he only has 1 HDMI port for his TV then yes he will be doing a splitter because if you wire your cable/satellite through the Xbox One it has to be on at all times. But, unless he has a couple of devices hooked up to his TV he shouldn't need a HDMI splitter considering the Xbox One also doubles as a Blu Ray Player so there is no need to have an HDMI cord hooked up for a separate DVD player.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless he only has 1 HDMI port for his TV then yes he will be doing a splitter because if you wire your cable/satellite through the Xbox One it has to be on at all times. But, unless he has a couple of devices hooked up to his TV he shouldn't need a HDMI splitter considering the Xbox One also doubles as a Blu Ray Player so there is no need to have an HDMI cord hooked up for a separate DVD player.

I think you are misunderstanding.... he wants to split his tv feed coming from his cable box to 2 different feeds so 1 goes in to his XboxOne and the other goes into a spare HDMI port on his TV so he can turn off his XboxOne but still be able to watch his TV.

Sounds like you are confirming this is the case, it would concern me but I have to assume they designed it to be constantly on or on at least as much as a cable box right?

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think of the new Killer Instinct? I have watched some gameplay, it looks amazing, even though it's quite unfinished as a product at the moment. I am going to buy an XBone later this year for Killer Instinct and Titanfall. Any fighting game fans here?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
any of you guys other than previous posts pick up the one?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
If anybody is going to pick up Titanfall hit me up on Xbox Live.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am hoping to wait for a price drop on Xbox One before I get it..... anyone remember how long it took for Xbox 360 to finally have a price drop?

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I am hoping to wait for a price drop on Xbox One before I get it..... anyone remember how long it took for Xbox 360 to finally have a price drop?

I think almost 2 years if I remember correctly. On another note, I saw that the PS4 will actually raise in price in Canada around 50 bucks.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think almost 2 years if I remember correctly. On another note, I saw that the PS4 will actually raise in price in Canada around 50 bucks.

Hmmm interesting.... Xbox One may have to wait another year for me then.

I didn't realize the First Time Home Buyer tax credit was gone.... figured with that I would easily have enough extra money for Xbox One and other home improvements, oh well :sad:

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm interesting.... Xbox One may have to wait another year for me then.

I didn't realize the First Time Home Buyer tax credit was gone.... figured with that I would easily have enough extra money for Xbox One and other home improvements, oh well :sad:

I definitely say give it a year...let Microsoft improve the overall system and the game library get bigger. Not really worth it right now. barely touch it. Playing titanfall though is a blast