Donator
Liked Posts:
Console will launch "later this year"

Holiday season...nov-dec

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont know about this...I really dont care about all this entertainment..

I just want to see game and gameplay.

All that will be shown at E3 in 19 days or so

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
specs

8GB ram
Blu Ray
8 core CPU
500GB HD
USB 3.0
Built in DVR

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that was a pretty lackluster conference.

-XboxOne is a pretty lame name. Not as bad as Wii U, of course, but pretty lame. Microsoft clearly doesn't understand counting.
-Of course they shoved Kinect down our throats.
-The console itself looks massive. It's as big as my Dish receiver. This is not an entertainment center friendly machine. It looks like an NES x2. Comment on Reddit said "It looks like a 80 pound VCR from 1992."
-After the conference, Don said the always on internet connection isn't true. But said to do what you want to do on this console, you're gonna need an internet connection. No shit Don, no shit.
-Pretty typical Microsoft conference. Kinect, Media, EA Sports, Call of Duty.
-HOPEFULLY, now that they had this conference, E3 will be more about the games and actual performance of the console running said games.
-How many of the 15 new exclusives are going to be games like Kinect Adventures? That's what gamers want to know.
-r/Games thoughts on the conference

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-require-game-installs-close-out-used-game-market/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

Microsoft's new system will allow – and possibly require – games to be installed to the console's 500GB hard drive, which locks a piece of software to an account, the report states. Once installed, players do not require a disc to boot the software. If a game is used with a second account, that owner will be given the option to pay a fee and install the experience on their own console, Microsoft told Wired. Whether "account" means an entirely new console or another Xbox Live account on the same console, is unclear.

Though Microsoft wouldn't get into specifics as to how this decision affects the used game market, the decision calls into doubt the viability of rental services such as GameFly and RedBox, and used game markets from major retailers such as GameStop, Amazon and BestBuy, with the Xbox One.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

2 thoughts just came to mind....

1. This reminds me of all the ALWAYS ONLINE panic that went around and all the rumored articles... so something tells me this is bull and in a week or 2 there will be leaks that its crap and you will only need an install for extra features and at E3 it will be confirmed.

2. If my 1st thought it completely wrong and all games will be installed from disc to the hard drive.... then they will have to be flexible enough to allow you to add/remove the hard drive so you can put in bigger ones as more and more games/content comes out. And if this is really the case, they are opening themselves up to a pirate wonderland.... think about how virtually every PC game you install from disc to drive or with something like STEAM is virtually always hacked and pirated. If Microsoft goes with game installs, they will likely be opening the gates to pirating more, closing off the used gaming market, and thus pushing more people towards the easy pirating solution.

The game being contained on the discs is what gives them some protection compared to PC games which have virtually none. Game installs on a console seem like a bad idea for the console industry..... but whatever, I feel like its a win-win for me.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
XboxOne will NOT function without kinect attached...

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Re: New Xbox Will Probably Arrive This E3

XboxOne will NOT function without kinect attached...

Fuck that shit. I'm leaning towards PS4 now.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
So, when Microsoft is forced to leave the gaming industry after this debacle, what happens to Halo, Gears of War, and Banjo Kazooie?

Poo Bear

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Xbox One. It requires the Kinect and an internet connection to play, it has inferior memory, and perhaps worst of all, it requires you to pay $60 fee before playing a game that's already been registered to someone else. That means that you can't truly borrow a game, and if you happen to own more than one console, you're likely fucked.