XBOX One Discussion Thread

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new Xbox will probably arrive this E3

It seems that everything is aligning for the launch of the next generation Xbox at E3 2013. We knew that the rumors are piling on. Then someone told us that the Xbox buildings at Microsoft's campus are on lock down. And now we know that Xboxmeister Major Nelson is very excited about E3.

So excited, in fact, that he just posted a countdown on his blog. "And it's on..." he says. Just 159 days left.

Link to Major Nelson's blog with the "And it's on" countdown---> Countdown to E3 2013

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Did the official specs get leaked yet? I keep seeing the same underwhelming specs released, but I can't tell if they are underwhelming because Microsoft is using an accelerator approach for texfill or they are banking on software.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This isn't going to render the 360 useless inside 6 months, is it? :(

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, it'll likely only get revealed in 6 months. The release date is really unknown right now, and I doubt they'd just start selling it in June without an official reveal.

As far as rendering it useless, it's hard to say. The PS2 was still getting new games like Madden a few years after the PS3 was released. There might not be any huge AAA titles on it anymore once the NextBox starts rolling.

We really need to find out what this console is all about first.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dont worry.

There still will be 360 games made after the new console launches.

They wont stop making 360 games just cause the new console comes out, cause they know not everyone will be able to get the new console at launch or right after.

Good games will still be made for the 360 probably for a few more years then the 360 will be left behind...but not for sometime.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once the new console is on store shelves, Microsoft's #1 focus is to sell that console. It'll be counter-productive and a waste of money to put a lot of dev time into 360 games anymore. Uncharted wasn't on the PS2, Resistance wasn't on the PS2, Killzone 2 wasn't on the PS2, Halo 3 wasn't on the XBOX, Oblivion wasn't on the XBOX or PS2, Gears of War wasn't on the XBOX.

You'll still see sports games (Madden, FIFA, NBA2k), movie games (Avengers, Iron Man, Pixar movies), and gimmick games (music, dance, Kinect), but you won't see Halo 5, GTA6, Assassins Creed 4, Elder Scrolls 6, and blockbusters like that on the console. If you do, it'll be an inferior quality game compared to the newer gen game. Think World at War: Final Fronts for the PS2. Something that has the blockbuster name, but isn't up to par with the one for the newer consoles.

2013 and 2014's Call of Duty game might be the last quality COD's you'll see on the console. Remember Call of Duty 3 was made for just about every console there was when it was released, and then Call of Duty 4 was nowhere to be seen on the old consoles.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not for awhile....a year or so after launch. Plus take into consideration that the games at launch are generally the worst games made for any new system as they are designed with eye candy in mind. So the death of the 360 is not imminent.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Microsoft just teased the next Xbox at CES 2013

The Illumiroom video I posted in the gaming news thread seems to be the direction they're going. Kinect 2 and more "augmented reality" gimmicks.

[video=youtube;re1EatGRV0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1EatGRV0w[/video]

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Via VGLeaks

VGLeaks-Durango-Block-600x521.jpg

CPU

x64 Architecture.
8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz).
Each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache.
Each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache.
Each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources.
Each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock.

GPU

Custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor.
12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads.
Each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle.
At peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second.

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present.

Storage and Memory

8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s).
32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s).
From the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
Hard-drive is always present.
50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive.

Networking

Gigabit Ethernet.
Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct.

Hardware Accelerators

Move engines.
Image, video, and audio codecs.
Kinect multi-channel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware.
Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
stoked for this

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
The main issue with the "block used games" feature is that you won't be able to lend a game to a friend, and won't be able to rent games.

Unless they put in some feature to read the disc as a rental disc, I don't see any way around this if it's going to be a feature.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuck that. someone tell me how gamestop will stay afloat if they do this.

Sent from Buddy Bell's butt plug using Tapatalk

And according to this report they're shutting down between 500 and 600 stores this year in the US. There are currently 4,471 Gamestops.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bunch of talk about the Durango being "always on", which is really pissing off a lot of fans.

This is what the douchy Microsoft Creative Director had to say
fulDo2f.jpg

Click here to read what r/gaming is saying

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Bunch of talk about the Durango being "always on", which is really pissing off a lot of fans.

Depends on what they mean by "always on", for me.

If it's always on like a DVR for updating and stuff, I'm fine with that.

If they mean you have to be connected online at all times just to play a game, then I'd be pissed.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
It's starting to look like Nintendo's generation to lose again.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts: