For those wondering why Toub wasnt interviewed for the HC job...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery is smart..He is stockpiling the info he gets in these interviews for future hires as asst's or coordinators

Smart eh?, have you seen the state of his former employer...Chiefs are a mess.
You are going to be one unhappy Bear fan if youre not on the Emery bandwagon..I suggest you team up with Spartan and cry on each others shoulders for the next several years cause Emery and Cutler are here to stay

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
i dont know why he was interviewed... this was the worst year of ST i have seen from Devin Hester and our ST unit...

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Seriously, by this point there should be an Onion article about Emery flying out to Rome to interview the Pope for the HC job...

You know my methods, Watson

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why all other bears HC candidate threads get merged, but this one. Must be magic!

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, since this thread has been necro'd. It was reported that at least two candidates up for the HC job when Emery was hiring said that they would not take the job if Cutler had to be their QB, and that one went so far as to tell Emery this during the interview which resulted in his name being scratched off the list immediately.

With Toubs comments about Cutler after his departure I cant help but wonder if it was him. Sure, recently he called Cutler a "good asset to have" but maybe thats because he knows he and Ballard are going to be shopping cutler around very soon.

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Well, since this thread has been necro'd. It was reported that at least two candidates up for the HC job when Emery was hiring said that they would not take the job if Cutler had to be their QB, and that one went so far as to tell Emery this during the interview which resulted in his name being scratched off the list immediately.

With Toubs comments about Cutler after his departure I cant help but wonder if it was him. Sure, recently he called Cutler a "good asset to have" but maybe thats because he knows he and Ballard are going to be shopping cutler around very soon.

It has been a while, but if you have a source for that (bolded) I'd be very interested.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
You are going to be one unhappy Bear fan if youre not on the Emery bandwagon..I suggest you team up with Spartan and cry on each others shoulders for the next several years cause Emery and Cutler are here to stay

Sorry BB, going to rib you a little for this. I lol'd.