Cleveland Cavaliers - Ending the Drought

bbaker

Liked Posts:
You guys voted for a Cleveland association, so here's your Cleveland assoc.
5min quarters (12 min sim quarters)
82 games
5-7-7-7 Playoff format
2011-2012 Record: 21-45

cavs-nav-logo-230.png

Starting Lineup:
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Dion Waiters (R)
SF: Alonzo Gee
PF: Tristan Thompson
C: Tyler Zeller

Bench:
PG: Shaun Livingston, Jeremy Pargo
SG: CJ Miles, Daniel Gibson
SF: Omri Casspi, Luke Walton
PF: Jon Leuer, Kevin Jones
C: Anderson Varejao, Samardo Samuels

bbaker

Liked Posts:
1st trade of the season goes a little something like this:

Cavaliers receive: Jeff Green, Jason Terry & a 2013 1st rd pick
Celtics receive: Anderson Varejao, Shaun Livingston, Alonzo Gee & a 2014 1st rd pick

When Senior Team President & General Manager B. Baker was asked why he pulled the trigger on this trade on his 1st day in his office he simply stated, "It's a new regime in this piece of **** city. I'm going to make people want to come here on vacation. No one on this roster is safe except for Kyrie."

bbaker

Liked Posts:
In a surprising move, the Cavs have signed 37yr old PG Antonio Daniels to backup Rookie of the Year winner Kyrie Irving after releasing. When B. Baker was asked what he saw in Antonio, he said that him & Antonio formed a friendship when both were with the Texas Legends of the NBA D-League last season. "I want Antonio to be my vet leader. He can jaw with the best of them. Watch out KG. Plus, I signed him for the league minimum, so what's the worst that can happen?"

In other transactions:
-Cavaliers waive SF Luke Walton, SG Daniel Gibson & PG Jeremy Pargo
-Cavaliers sign SG Kelenna Azubuike (3yr/$7.52mil) & PF Kenyon Martin (2yr/$3.21mil)

B. Baker did offer a comment on the Azubuike signing saying that "When I met Kelenna last season on the Legends, I knew he was hungry for success. While he didn't achieve that with the Legends & the Mavs last yr, I want to give him a chance to do it here in Cleveland."

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Opening Day roster:
SG: Jason Terry
SF: Jeff Green
PF: Kenyon Martin
C: Tyler Zeller

Bench:
PG: Antonio Daniels
SG: Dion Waiters, Kelenna Azubuike
SF: CJ Miles, Omri Casspi
PF: Tristan Thompson, Jon Leuer
C: Samardo Samuels

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Cavs fall to Wizards in Season Opener-
Cleveland just couldn't shake the 15-5 hole they dug themselves in the 1st quarter & lost the 1st game of the season to the abysmal Washington Wizards 69-60. Sophomore PG Kyrie Irving led all scoring with 23pts while also dropping 6 dimes. Waiters added 10, Terry 9, Green 4, Azubuike 3, Martin 3, Casspi 2, Thompson 2, Miles 2, Zeller 2. John Wall let Washington with 15pts & 4 dimes, Ariza 12, Beal 12, Crawford 8, Okafor 6, Singleton 4, Nene 4, Seraphin 4, Martin 2, Mack 2.

After the game PG Kyrie Irving said that "This is unacceptable. We're better than Washington. We'll work out the kinks and get on track. I guarantee the playoffs this year for all our fans."

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Kyrie Irving named All-Star game Starter-

Kyrie Irving has been named a starter for this year All-Star game. It seems he's the lone brightspot in that entire Cleveland organization. The Cavs, who are 14-39 headed into the AS break, have not had much luck this season & it looks like they're playing for the #1 pick in this years NBA Draft. Rumors are flying that Kenyon Martin is on his way out & that Jason Terry might be dealt as well.

East All-Stars:
Derrick Rose (CHI; 4th appearance)
Kyrie Irving (CLE; 1st app)
Lebron James (MIA; 9th app)
Carmelo Anthony (NYK; 6th app)
Andrew Bynum (PHI; 2nd app)
Brandon Jennings (MIL; 1st app)
Monta Ellis (MIL; 1st app)
Josh Smith (ATL; 1st app)
Brook Lopez (BKN; 1st app)
Deron Williams (BKN; 4th app)
John Wall (WAS; 1st app)

West All-Stars
Kobe Bryant (LAL; 15th app)
Chris Paul (LAC: 6th app)
Kevin Durant (OKC; 4th app)
Kevin Love (MIN; 3rd app)
Dwight Howard (LAL; 7th app)
Russell Westbrook (OKC; 3rd app)
Eric Gordon (NOH; 1st app)
Rudy Gay (MEM; 1st app)
DeMarcus Cousins (SAC; 1st app)
LaMarcus Aldridge (POR; 1st app)
Goran Dragic (PHO; 1st app)
Jeremy Lin (HOU; 1st app)

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Irving named the All-NBA 1st Team & Season Wrapup-
PG Kyrie Irving has been named to the All-NBA 1st team today along with Dion Waiters being named to the All-Rookie 2nd team. The future looks bright for the Cleveland Guards.

The Cavs finish the season 27-55 after beating Charlotte (27-55) 104-89 in the season finale. After the game, B. Baker offered 1 promise to the fans in a likely plea to not give up on the rebuilding stage. "There will be changes this season. Whether it starts with Byron Scott or shipping off some young prospects for draft picks, that's for the future to tell. I promise to make this team a playoff team for next season. Actually, I GUARANTEE it."

In other NBA News:
-The Chicago Bulls have won their 7th NBA Championship after sweeping Kevin Durant & the OKC Thunder in the NBA Finals.
-Lebron James wins NBA MVP
-Doug Collins named Coach of the Year
-George Karl, Grant Hill, Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, Steve Nash, Vince Carter, Jerry Stackhouse & Andre MIller have all called it a career and are now hitting the links on a daily basis.
-Vince Carter, Jason Kidd & Steve Nash have been inducted into the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Cavaliers very active on draft night -
The Cavaliers have selected SG/SF Shabazz Muhammed (#5 overall; 19; UCLA), SF Alex Poythress (#9 overall; 19; Kentucky) & SF Tony Mitchell (#16 overall; 20; N. Texas)

They also completed a deal with the San Antonio Spurs which is detailed below:
Cavs receive:
2013 #16 pick (SF Tony Mitchell; North Texas), SG Cory Joseph & a 2014 1st round pick

Spurs receive:
SG Jason Terry, 2013 2nd rd pick (4th; PF Armando Hernandez; Argentina), C Tyler Zeller & a 2014 2nd rd pick.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Offseason Wrap-up

Signings:
-C Dwight Howard (3yrs/$56.39mil), PG Shelvin Mack (2yrs/$3.09mil), SF Chris Douglas-Roberts (3yrs/$8.95mil), PG Gary Neal (1yr/$914k), PF Brian Cardinal (1yr/$490k)

Cuts:
-PF Kenyon Martin, SF CJ Miles, PG Cory Joseph, SG Kelenna Azubuike, SF Omri Casspi, C Samardo Samuels, PF Jon Leuer, PG Antonio Daniels

Trades:
-Jason Terry (to Spurs); 2014 1st rd pick to OKC for PF Perry Jones

bbaker

Liked Posts:
2013-2014 Starting Lineup:
SG: Shabazz Muhammed (R)
SF: Tony Mitchell (R)
PF: Jeff Green
C: Dwight Howard

Bench:
PG: Shelvin Mack, Gary Neal
SG: Dion Waiters
SF: Alex Poythress (R), Chris Douglas-Roberts
PF: Perry Jones, Brian Cardinal
C: Tristan Thompson

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dang done with your first season already?

Well...that escalated quickly.

Kyrie, Waiters, Green, Thompson, Howard starters? :obama2:

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Ya, I usually skip through the 1st season in all my dynasties & then start playing about 15-25 games a season starting the 2nd season.

We shall see how this experiment called a lineup works :lol:

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Cavs win season opener in Boston -
It wasn't pretty by your Cavs pulled out the W tonight in front of a hostile Boston crowd 53-45. Kyrie lead all scoring with 18pts & also added 5 dimes. Shabazz Muhammed had 12pts in his NBA debut on 5/7 shooting. Dion Waters had 7, Mack 6, Thompson 4, Mitchell 2, Green 2 (lead team w/ 8 boards) and Howard 2 (4 rebs, 3 blks). For Boston, Pierce led the way with 13pts, Rondo 12 & Bradley 11. Cleveland looks to build on this momentum and make the playoffs for the 1st time in years. "We're doing all we can to make the fans happy & to make our families proud. This is more than just us" said PG Kyrie Irving after the game while boarding the team plane. We'll see if Cleveland can hold their promises this season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clearly Howard isn't being used correctly. :troll:

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Clearly Howard isn't being used correctly. :troll:

I use my Guards to the extreme. My post players suffer when I actually play games :lol:

Might trade Dwight for Demarcus Cousins & 2 1st rounders (if Sac wants to pull the trigger).

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Blockbuster deal completed -

The Cleveland Cavaliers & Denver Nuggets have reached an agreement that involves Dwight Howard & Andre Iguodala. When Team President B. Baker was asked why the Dwight Howard era was so short lived he had a quick & bitter answer, "Dwight & I just didn't see eye-to-eye on anything. He wouldn't stop crying about this & that. He wore out his welcome extremely fast." The Cavaliers are 17-15 and the #7 seed as of January 1st, 2014. Details of the trade below:

Cavs get: SG Andre Iguodala, C Javale McGee, PF Kenneth Faried & SF Quincy Miller
Nuggets get: C Dwight Howard & SG Dion Waiters