Aaron Kromer Named Bears OC/OL Coach

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Ross Tucker on Sirius this a.m., who I highly respect and has great knowledge around the league, is very positive on this hire. Said he did great things with the line in New Orleans. Also said very good for Bears fans that Trestman has a plan and is getting things done quickly. Guy gets hired at 4 a.m. and by 8 a.m. he has his OC/OL guy hired.

Some idiot caller came on and said this is not the hire the Halas would have wanted. Tucker politely handled him, said this team has the QB, RB, WR and great defense and no need to miss the playoffs like they have been. Thinks Trestman is immediate upgrade.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saints have had an elite OL since hes been the OL coach there since 2009, great hire.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Also said very good for Bears fans that Trestman has a plan and is getting things done quickly. Guy gets hired at 4 a.m. and by 8 a.m. he has his OC/OL guy hired.

Meanwhile, Lovie still hasn't woken up yet. Do you think he'll be disappointed that he didn't get the Chicago Bears head coaching job when he reads the paper this morning?

dondraper

Ross Tucker on Sirius this a.m., who I highly respect and has great knowledge around the league, is very positive on this hire. Said he did great things with the line in New Orleans. Also said very good for Bears fans that Trestman has a plan and is getting things done quickly. Guy gets hired at 4 a.m. and by 8 a.m. he has his OC/OL guy hired.

Some idiot caller came on and said this is not the hire the Halas would have wanted. Tucker politely handled him, said this team has the QB, RB, WR and great defense and no need to miss the playoffs like they have been. Thinks Trestman is immediate upgrade.

ross tucker is a fucking idiot. earlier this year he said he had 10 sources inside the bears lockers room who said they all hate cutler

Svic

Liked Posts:
Give the guy some credit 1-6 lol

it was 2-4. He was coaching games 1-6. He was also the coach for the NO offensive line 2009-2012. The years when New Orleans had that great Offensive line that they won super bowl with,

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ross tucker is a fucking idiot. earlier this year he said he had 10 sources inside the bears lockers room who said they all hate cutler

Judging by their play I'd say 8 of the 10 were oline...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He sucked as interim interim saints coach whst did they go 0-5 ??!

You're joking, right?

I think he did pretty well considering all the stuff that went down in New Orleans over the last year. They won more games than they should have imo.

Chitown777

Liked Posts:
The guy has a good track record with a solid OL since he took over OL duties. He will have some young guys to develop and likely plug in a solid FA or 2 into the lineup.

So who will be QB coach now that Bates is gone?

Svic

Liked Posts:
You're joking, right?

I think he did pretty well considering all the stuff that went down in New Orleans over the last year. They won more games than they should have imo.

He was 2-4. Which is not that bad because remember they were still scoring 30 points a game but were giving up about 40.

Liked Posts:
He sucked as interim interim saints coach whst did they go 0-5 ??!

The Saints were number two in the league in total offense, number one in the league in passing offense, and twenty fifth in the league in rushing offense, during the 2012 regular season. They were also dead last in the league in total defense, there's the problem. Kromer should be just fine as the OC, and IMO both of these guys are a breath of fresh air between their offensive accomplishments, and knowing now that Tice has, officially, finally left the building. My God, I still can't get over how fucking dumb that guy(Tice) was.

I love the new hires, now let's get some o-linemen, a tight end, and linebacker!

i82manycookies

Liked Posts:
Saints fans seem to like him. I wonder, who's really going to call the plays though?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The Saints were number two in the league in total offense, number one in the league in passing offense, and twenty fifth in the league in rushing offense, during the 2012 regular season. They were also dead last in the league in total defense, there's the problem. Kromer should be just fine as the OC, and IMO both of these guys are a breath of fresh air between their offensive accomplishments, and knowing now that Tice has, officially, finally left the building. My God, I still can't get over how fucking dumb that guy(Tice) was.

I love the new hires, now let's get some o-linemen, a tight end, and linebacker!

I think we need to get the offensive side of the ball settled first, as far as coaches go, then focus on keeping the defensive coaches together, Marinelli at the very least. Ever since he has been here, we have seen improvement on the DL.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
See ya', Tice! I can only hope they keep Marinelli.

675cf8760fe4919718db47cbc57efc04.gif

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does this completely eliminate the possibility of Tice coming back, since the guy is both OC and OL coach?

Per 670 the score the Bears hired Pat Meyer to the staff. Can't find this anywhere else. Pat was the OC under Trestman in Montreal. Was a o-line coach in the NFL before that.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:

He also said Kromer had more talent to work with on Oline there...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per 670 the score the Bears hired Pat Meyer to the staff. Can't find this anywhere else. Pat was the OC under Trestman in Montreal. Was a o-line coach in the NFL before that.

what did they bring him on to do?

howaboutthis

Liked Posts:
Seems like a good hire, but why the double job title? It seems like the O-Line needs a full time coach. Maybe it was a way to lure the guy here by giving him the OC title, but in fact he will mostly focus on the O line?