PS4 Discussion Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I wonder if Sony will switch to puma cores, like they suggested at some point to cut costs and improve performance. From what I understand, it's an easy transition for manufacturing the customized APUs.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
any reviews on this system? Im getting the xbox one next week but i may get ps4 for only baseball.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reviews?

Systems don't matter. All that matters is games. Buy the system your friends are on and that has the exclusives you like the best.

[video=youtube;Y5Wp6T6XR90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Wp6T6XR90[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just got a PS4, which I honestly would've held out for a while on, but with Arkham Knight only exclusively for next gen consoles, I had to get one. I stay with Playstation only because Arkham gets more exclusive content, and the chance of another God of War. I'm not a big online player, and the only Xbox exclusive game that ever even tempted me to get and Xbox was Gears of War.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I just got a PS4, which I honestly would've held out for a while on, but with Arkham Knight only exclusively for next gen consoles, I had to get one. I stay with Playstation only because Arkham gets more exclusive content, and the chance of another God of War. I'm not a big online player, and the only Xbox exclusive game that ever even tempted me to get and Xbox was Gears of War.
The release of Metal Gear Solid might make me join you. The major thing holding me up is that they still release new games for PS3. Don't understand why, but who am I to question the mighty Sony corporation.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The release of Metal Gear Solid might make me join you. The major thing holding me up is that they still release new games for PS3. Don't understand why, but who am I to question the mighty Sony corporation.

There's just so many titles exclusive to Playstation that I see previews for that I'm like, "fuck that looks awesome." God of War, InFamous, Metal Gear Solid (although the new one will be on Xbox), Uncharted, MLB The Show, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Twisted Metal, then Batman gets more content. I look at Xbox and am like, man, that gears of war looks bad ass. But then that's it. Ryse looked cool too, but just not enough. You look at some of their other exclusive titles and they just seem like garbage. It's like Bot said, it has nothing to do with the console, it's the exclusive content, and Xbox is lagging IMO.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
One time 10% off code for US- KF56EM5KB3

There's also a flash sale going on now for indie games. You can grab Resogun for $3, normally $15. Or $2.70 if you use that discount code.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thanks. I used it to buy Oddworld. With the discount, plus the free $10 I got for buying the PS4, it only cost me $15.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, Im not a hard core gamer but I do like COD and sports games. Should I stick with my PS3 or go with the PS4?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think now would be the time to do it. You're going to start seeing less and less big AAA titles on last gen consoles.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
So, Im not a hard core gamer but I do like COD and sports games. Should I stick with my PS3 or go with the PS4?

Well, how long are you talking when you say "stick with the PS3"? I say if you really do not want to let go of the PS3 just yet, the longest you should hold off is about September this year.

If you can afford it, buy the PS4.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, how long are you talking when you say "stick with the PS3"? I say if you really do not want to let go of the PS3 just yet, the longest you should hold off is about September this year.

If you can afford it, buy the PS4.
What's special about September?

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
What's special about September?

This is going to be a big year for the next gen. With The Division, Mortal Kombat X, The Witcher III, Bloodbourne, etc all coming up. By September, there will be a lot to play and a lot to look forward to for holiday releases. Also, last gen ports being delayed or even cancelled are becoming more and more common. If you're a gamer, upgrading would be wise this year. And who knows what gets announced at E3, but whatever it is, it probably will not be too exciting for those on PS3/360.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought the PS4 for 399 on Amazon. Comes with a digital copy of "The last of us". Anybody know anything about the game? Also, bought the playstation ear phone and mic for like 37 bucks and Advanced Warfare. I also bought MLB the show 2015 but that doesnt come until March 30th I think.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I bought the PS4 for 399 on Amazon. Comes with a digital copy of "The last of us". Anybody know anything about the game? Also, bought the playstation ear phone and mic for like 37 bucks and Advanced Warfare. I also bought MLB the show 2015 but that doesnt come until March 30th I think.

Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time. As far as blown away by the experience.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time. As far as blown away by the experience.

Cool, Im glad I chose that over Grand Theft Auto. I never could get into that game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Cool, Im glad I chose that over Grand Theft Auto. I never could get into that game.

I actually got the PS4 black friday bundle with both of these games. I already had Last of Us on PS3 but it was that good and they included the DLC which I didn't have on the PS3, which I just remembered typing it now, damn I have to get back to that game and play it. GTA5 is pretty entertaining, but I didn't get sucked into it like a lot of folks do, I think because I'm not as good at shooting things in it, so I end up getting shot a lot. The driving and cars and misssions and story is all excellent, and the detail if crazy. At one point I found myself watching this horrible anime spoof tv show on the actual in game TV, in character as Michael sitting on a couch watching tv.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got it all set up. Even got my ps4 silver headset. I feel like a real gamer now! This thing makes me feel futuristic. lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I actually got the PS4 black friday bundle with both of these games. I already had Last of Us on PS3 but it was that good and they included the DLC which I didn't have on the PS3, which I just remembered typing it now, damn I have to get back to that game and play it. GTA5 is pretty entertaining, but I didn't get sucked into it like a lot of folks do, I think because I'm not as good at shooting things in it, so I end up getting shot a lot. The driving and cars and misssions and story is all excellent, and the detail if crazy. At one point I found myself watching this horrible anime spoof tv show on the actual in game TV, in character as Michael sitting on a couch watching tv.

I tried getting that bundle, but every time I went to check out, it said they were sold out.