PS4 Discussion Thread

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
This is quite sad to hear. I'm starting to really worry about my Xbox One on friday not to mention MS bad track record with the RROD. Patience my fellow gamers, your time will come.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sold 1 million units in 24 hours. Only a "reported" .4% failure rate. What an incredibly successful console launch.

For reference-
PS3 sold 0.19M in 2 weeks in the US. It took them about 50 days to ship 1 million units in NA
Wii sold 1.25M in the first 42 days in NA
Xbox 360 sold 0.9M units in the first 39 days in NA

Mnw2025.png

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
wow im seeing allota issues...thats exactly what i meant by i dont want launch console problems lol

even ones that are working fine at first you dont know long they will last

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
even ones that are working fine at first you dont know long they will last

To be fair, this is true for every piece of electronics. There's always failures. We'll just have to wait and see how many truly had problems. At a million sold, even if 10,000 people had bad consoles that's a very acceptable amount at 1%.

So far mine has been flawless. I've gamed for around 10 hours on mine and streamed music for a few hours as well. If it breaks, I'll be disappointed but deal with it and have it repaired under warranty.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sony's game streaming service Gaikai is expected to be out in Q3 of 2014.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Does anybody know what the next premier game is going to be for the PS4?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exclusive? InFamous Second Son, DriveClub, and MLB 14 The Show are all out early next year.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Exclusive? InFamous Second Son, DriveClub, and MLB 14 The Show are all out early next year.

Yes, I was thinking exclusive. I've played the first Infamous, and although I really liked it, it was somewhat too cartoonish for me if that makes any sense. But, the new one doesn't look anything like it. I have seen a preview to a game called The Order 1886? Man, that game looks very interesting.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
FedEx guy just dropped off my PS4... finally:woot:! What games do you guys recommend I buy now? I'll probably start out with Assassin's Creed. The wife bought me COD: Ghosts, BF4 and Last of Us for PS3 for my birthday, guess I'll have to exchange them even though I'll get ripped off. :dunno:

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Download Resogun for sure.

Yes! By far the funnest game I have played on consoles that is not a fighting game. I love the throwback arcade feel. It achieves that and embodies everything you'd expect from a "next gen" game at the same time. Couldn't believe it was free after playing it. Would have payed full price for it.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
PlayStation announced their VR prototype Project Morpheus tonight at GDC.

fvchgCi.jpg

Device

-It's called Project Morpheus
-The current dev kit has 1080p display and a 90+ Degree FOV
-Position and rotating head tracking: 1000HZ, 3 Meter Working Volume, Full 360 Degrees.
-Features forward prediction: key to getting rid of latency, which can be destructive to VR.
-Audio: "True spatial sound, synthesized by simulating the human ear... Created by real world experiments using speaker / microphone arrays."
-Accelerometer and gyroscope sensors built into the head mounted unit as well as PlayStation Camera accurately tracks head orientation and movement, so as your head rotates, the image of the virtual world rotates intuitively in real-time.
-"The current prototype is wired" with a five meter wire. They are investigating "other solutions."
-Eye tracking inside the device is being researched
-Wireless and Wired Headsets are compatible
-Compatible with glasses
-Playable at GDC Tomorrow
-It will only work with PS4 for now.

Content

-Not only for games, working with NASA to let people experience Mars in VR
-Another example is being able to check out hotel rooms without actually going there
-Unity, Havok, Wwise, Gigantic, Autodesk Gameware, Criware, DDD, Silicon Studio, Epic Games, Bitsquid, Crytek all on board with Project Morpheus. Along with Sony owned studios
-"There's a couch multiplayer aspect to it as well." The image can be mirrored on the screen so other can see what's going on in the headset.
-Sony London has a demo called The Deep, Explore a mysterious ocean
-A Castle demo is also available to play with the PS Move.
-EVE's Valkyrie can also be demoed
-Thief from Square Enix works on PlayStation VR.

Comparisons

-Geoff Keighley : "Developers who have used Project Morpheus tell me the fidelity of the image and experience is superior to Oculus Rift."

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I personally would never use those VR devices out of fear of the long term damage it may do to my eyes. It is cool technology, though.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Looks enticing, kinda surprised they didnt stop at three.

[video=youtube_share;y1Rx-Bbht5E]http://youtu.be/y1Rx-Bbht5E[/video]

Anyone else think Drake looks weird?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to know when uncharted 1-3 is going to be available on PS4. When they come out, I am gonna get one.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I just want to know when uncharted 1-3 is going to be available on PS4. When they come out, I am gonna get one.

last of us is out next month

naughty dog hasn't announced uncharted 1-3 and probably wont

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
last of us is out next month

naughty dog hasn't announced uncharted 1-3 and probably wont

All of those games were excellent. Last of Us was a perfect game for Ps3 to end on. Naughty Dog really earning some respect.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they announced uncharted 1-3 and Red Dead ports I would buy a ps4 right now.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty obvious Uncharted will get remastered for PS4. Shuhei Yoshida said so himself. From Eurogamer "There are requests from some consumers for games that were released later in the generation, like Uncharted, which people might have missed," says Yoshida. "That would be a good candidate. We don't want to flood the market with remade games either."

It's their flagship title. They'll remaster it.