Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Bears-safety-Harris-asking-to-be-released-?urn=nfl,237235&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Bears safety Payne asking to be released?

By Mark J. Miller

Kevin PayneKids across America may be taught "Safety first," but it appears that the Chicago Bears just too many of them right now. The word is that the re-acquisition of Chris Harris, who the Bears traded away in 2007 after drafting him from Louisiana Monroe in 2005, means that Kevin Payne has fallen to the bottom of the list in the safety department, according to ChicagoBreakingNews.com.

Payne is expected to ask for his release and the team is expected to grant him his wish.

The Harris-Payne relationship has been a long, slow dance of replacement and displacement. When the Bears drafted Harris, Payne replaced him at Louisiana Monroe. Then the Bears drafted Payne in 2007 and sent Harris packing. Now it is Mr. Harris's turn to replace Payne in Chicago.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an interesting cycle of safety turnover. Payne is a good tackler who can hit, but his coverage skills leave a lot to be desired.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Interesting to say the least.....I like Payne as he is a nice hitter/tackler. I hope that we can keep him on.

j11430

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't care if he went. We can afford to lose him.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Why do we need Kevin Payne when we have Al Afalava who ALSO can smoke a dude but gets smoked by any route?

Status
Not open for further replies.