What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm back on 7 Days to Die right now.... when the game is stable and I am immersed I enjoy it alot... but they are in Alpha 16 right now and each time they update to a new Alpha version your old games are broken and you have to start over and often the initial Alpha release is too buggy to play.... then over the following couple of weeks they stabilize it enough to be playable and it is fun again.

I keep trying to force Clone and Scoot to play and help me build a zombie fortress.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
gave xenoblade chronicles x a try. ran pretty good at 4k emulated, but the game itself got old. the design and structure is soooo tedious. than i tried ni no kuni emulated, and it too ran decent a 4k but with some freezing. but it was playable. its a good game, but by 20-25 hours i had had enough and moved on to endless sea. great concept and mood, good writing, but progression and gameplay(if you can call it that) is so damn slow that ive kind of had enough of that as well.

most recently i tried watch dogs since i noticed it was free, otherwise i never would have bothered because it didnt look good. and its not. its ubisofts lifeless open world full of bs filler formula concentrated, with shit gameplay/controls thrown in to boot.

its been a while since a games hooked me. there are number im looking forward to playing though that hopefully wont disappoint.

AussieBear

after buying all that halo shit.. it be stirring some old halo fandom in me... i think imma about to start a run fru halo games from 1 - 4 this week or nexx.. time to dust off the 360 i guess.

halo anniversary
halo 2 backwards compatible wiff da xbox copy
halo 3
halo 3 odst
halo reach
halo 4

idk bout halo wars, spartan assault and strike.

wish guardians was on pc.. not getting an xbox1 fer it.. read somewhere that the single campaign was only a few hours.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm loving AC Origins.Haven't played since Black Flag, but I heard good things, plus Ancient Egypt(even though it's really set at the end of the Ptolemaic dynasty) is incredibly interesting.

Some thoughts(for those who have played or been playing, I just assassinated the Snake)

1)Combat is definitely different(at least from Black Flag and before), but I like it. I think it allows a little more creativity with your fighting strategy, playing to your weapons,etc. It takes a little adjusting, but I think I'm getting the hang of it, even though I'm more of a combat button masher.

2) Map is fucking huge, a lot of it is just desert, but dear God. And I haven't even scratched the surface yet. Landscapes and details with towns and cities are great. Alexandria is a beauty.

3)I like the leveling up and having to constantly climb up the ladder w/ weapons. I got bored in a few AC games where I was just fighting or using the same weapons, fighting the same enemies at the same level and difficulty the whole game. Also, adding perks after each level is nice too. That's something I think Ubisoft kind of added around Far Cry 4, but I might be wrong. It also provides a much higher incentive to actually use stealth. In a number of AC games, I opted just to massacre people because I knew I could and it took less time.

It is way more work, though. I could get through most of the AC games within a day if I tried. I feel like this one is going to take longer. I've also admittedly been messing around and exploring.

4)It's pretty clear that Bayek and Aya are two of the main founders of the assassins(not really a spoiler). There's a couple of nods to the older games you'll notice. Took me much longer than I'm proud of to realize the connection between Senu and the "eagle vision" that all of the players have in former games.

Very interested to see what other things develop in this game that help form the assassins and what they stand for.

5)They got rid of the "let me jump off this ledge into nothingness, even though that's clearly not at all what I intended" bullshit that's killed me countless times. Definitely a plus.

6)I love that you can let your camel just coast to your destination. Also a plus. Assuming you don't cross anger danger, of course.

7)I like being able to switch between different weapons and stuff with ease, but it's easy to fuck that up. Plenty of times where I end up having the wrong bow, using a dart instead, or using a double sword when I need a shield.

8)I still have no idea what they're trying to do with the modern storyline.

Overall, very good so far. Definitely looking forward to putting more into the game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am approaching my first 28 day Blood Moon horde in 7D2D.... the more I play it the more hooked I get.

AussieBear

before getting on me halo kick finally decided to put some time in spore.. meh.. idk what to think.. ..... but i keep playing it.. will wright still be one of me fav game designers of all time dough

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just played thru my 28 day horde.... much more dangerous than the first 3, but oddly just kinda died out around 1 or 2am... the blood moon horde should keep coming constantly until like 6am.

7D2D is still in fucking Alpha tho, so shit gonna happen.

AussieBear

Just played thru my 28 day horde.... much more dangerous than the first 3, but oddly just kinda died out around 1 or 2am... the blood moon horde should keep coming constantly until like 6am.

7D2D is still in fucking Alpha tho, so shit gonna happen.

is the game fun or does it get boring fast?

AussieBear

bored of spore.. idk y.. up to the civ portion and i dont feel like playing a rts..

was gonna get on halo today but nah.. just bored of games i guess.. cant find nothing to hold me for long.. dont feel like thinking much.. just need mindless fast paced action with no thoughts.. no story.. nuffin.. any ideas?

maybe i should just start learning to make in depth side scrollers so i can make sumin sumin to cure me boredom wiff some production/learning/creativity..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
is the game fun or does it get boring fast?

I find it to be very fun and it does not get boring to me.

You wind up doing alot of the same stuff, but the whole game is survival as the zombies get worse....

Farming, base building/upgrading, mining/wood gathering, exploring/scavenging, treasure hunting....

The longer you survive, the more you level up, the more stuff you can craft.... the more resources you have, the more you want to build a more elaborate base.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
gave the Andromeda trial a go. while the game play isnt bad(functional 3rd person shooter like the others), the rest of the game is worse then expected. the animations, the dialog, voice acting, and just general vibe of the game is so generic and it comes of like a cheap d grade ME knock off. usually the first"village" area in an rpg is a great introduction to the world and going around talking and role playing is a whole lot of fun, but in the game the nuxus is bland as fuck. maybe it gets better but im not going to bother to find out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
gave the Andromeda trial a go. while the game play isnt bad(functional 3rd person shooter like the others), the rest of the game is worse then expected. the animations, the dialog, voice acting, and just general vibe of the game is so generic and it comes of like a cheap d grade ME knock off. usually the first"village" area in an rpg is a great introduction to the world and going around talking and role playing is a whole lot of fun, but in the game the nuxus is bland as fuck. maybe it gets better but im not going to bother to find out.

ME Andromeda was notably lacking in depth and immersion IMO

The overall concept was cool.... the arks.... a new galaxy.

But that new galaxy had all of basically 2 new alien species to interact with... compared to encountering like a dozen in ME1

And pretty much every mission is shallow/short and become extremely repetitive.

I remember feeling an immersion in ME 1 and 2 in most of the missions.

ME Andromeda you get into this lull because every mission is just talk to mission giver, go to point A, press a button or get a thing, return to mission giver... once in a while this patter is repeated and you do it 2 or 3 times before it concludes.

Even the loyalty missions were fairly shallow.... somewhat unique, but usually only requiring 5-10 mins at most.

It felt alot like they cut way back on writing for missions.... much of the game simply felt shallow, even the main missions against the ket.

AussieBear

I find it to be very fun and it does not get boring to me.

You wind up doing alot of the same stuff, but the whole game is survival as the zombies get worse....

Farming, base building/upgrading, mining/wood gathering, exploring/scavenging, treasure hunting....

The longer you survive, the more you level up, the more stuff you can craft.... the more resources you have, the more you want to build a more elaborate base.

well i might check it out... a couple of steam sales will be coming up soon enough.. autumn (nov 22-28??) and then the winter (21 dec - jan something) sale over xmas when i usually pick up a nice handful of shat..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
been playing persona 5. its really more of the same, but its been improved. the characters/story arent as good so far, but while the dungeon crawling can get tedious still, its far better than in the previous games. i put like 75-80 hours into p4 before burning out(and finding out i was only like half way) and then i gave p3 a try but had enough at 25 hours or so. i think part of the problem was i just didnt have fun with it, i tried to min/max the stat boosts, relationships, etc. and do all the tedious side quest which were nothing more than essentially go back and crawl through this or that dungeon again.

this time im just going to go with the flow and do what i feel like.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
7D2D 42 day horde was much more destructive than any others I faced.

Luckily I had completed building concrete compound walls around my entire base and built some better defenses that utilize electrical power.

They still broke down my main gate and demolished alot of my spike traps and some of my wall blocks.

FTR 7D2D is on the current Steam sale...

AussieBear

finally got n beat limbo.. its meh 6.5/10..i dont get the hype.... but for a couple of dollars it was worth it..

now playing guacamelee turbo edition.. metroidvania style game.. its good for what it is.. f0r 3-4 bucks.. worth the purchase..

AussieBear

7D2D 42 day horde was much more destructive than any others I faced.

Luckily I had completed building concrete compound walls around my entire base and built some better defenses that utilize electrical power.

They still broke down my main gate and demolished alot of my spike traps and some of my wall blocks.

FTR 7D2D is on the current Steam sale...

im still debating picking it up or not..

i watched some gameplay and this guy was using a reversed style pyramid pit and was just at the bottom slaying waves of zombies while they were stuck in some sort of concrete looking cell..

so is that it?? make those and its basically game over?