What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

dis guy is full of real rage.. da passion starts about 4:30 mins in

[video=youtube;03Y32XTym3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Y32XTym3A[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
im still debating picking it up or not..

i watched some gameplay and this guy was using a reversed style pyramid pit and was just at the bottom slaying waves of zombies while they were stuck in some sort of concrete looking cell..

so is that it?? make those and its basically game over?

Well so if you go ahead and cheat the hell out of the game so you have max resources and max ammo and max character skills.

Then you can do and build w/e u want as early as you want.

And then yes the game could/would be boring because the zombies pose you little danger.

If you use glitches and cheats and all kinda of bullshit then yeah.... it's a dumb game.

So is DOOM if you turn on God mode...

If you just play the regular game as intended you start with nothing.... you have no weapons, no resources, it takes 14+ days to even be able to make steel.... 28+ days till you can make concrete.... you have to gather/mine/cut all the resources you need to build your base/defenses.

The challenge of scavenging/surviving during the day, and keeping/upgrading your base/defenses for horde nights, that is the fun of the game for me.

Like with anything, if you just cheat, it is dumb.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Just beat Shadow of the Beast. Took me two months to play a one day game LOL. Entertaining, but nothing of any substance. Pretty old school scroller, but with better graphics. Not sure what to play next, I'm a good 3 years behind. As in, I still haven't played Last of Us.

AussieBear

Well so if you go ahead and cheat the hell out of the game so you have max resources and max ammo and max character skills.

Then you can do and build w/e u want as early as you want.

And then yes the game could/would be boring because the zombies pose you little danger.

If you use glitches and cheats and all kinda of bullshit then yeah.... it's a dumb game.

So is DOOM if you turn on God mode...

If you just play the regular game as intended you start with nothing.... you have no weapons, no resources, it takes 14+ days to even be able to make steel.... 28+ days till you can make concrete.... you have to gather/mine/cut all the resources you need to build your base/defenses.

The challenge of scavenging/surviving during the day, and keeping/upgrading your base/defenses for horde nights, that is the fun of the game for me.

Like with anything, if you just cheat, it is dumb.

well dat wuz a good and bad recommendation.. i picked it up.. its alright but early access for sure.. a bit buggy at times, but playable.

im at day five and have a forge.. got lucky n picked up some night vison too.. so i move about in the dark.. mind you its my forth game, the others were basically a tutorial.. seemed to have a horde bug iin game 3.. every night i was swarmed..

if i didnt put in countless hours in minecraft id probably would be lost..

idk how much ill play but ive gotten my moneys worth the last 12 hours.

AussieBear

okay so dis game be growing on me. been playing 7d2d for 35 hours the last two day.. im coming up on day 21 on my fourth game.. will save that for tomorrow..

airdrops are annoying.. im lucky if i get one. 7 n 14 day hordes werent really shit.. too prepared i guess.. shit be turning into a job.. fucking grind.. playing a game, grinding every game day.... for a end of the week pay check n bills aka as dat horde day.. da developer is a sick mo fo..

sum shit still b buggy.. i swear im having a memory leak if i go on all day.. at some point i need to exit out and restart.. thats with 2gb gpu and 12 gb sys mem.. i am running youtube on the second monitor though..

blood moon doesnt end for me after 4 am in this game. even if no zombies are around.. cleared out day 14 zombies in 20 game day minutes and it stayed red til 5 am...i gotta save out and reload..

deadliest creature in the game are wolves.. i only got a 9mm but it dont do shit against those.. iron arrows much betta.. i should have explored more sooner to look for unlocks.. cause i still cant craft guns meself or concrete.. been hold up a top of some gas station as me base since day 1.. gonna see how the next two hordes are if imma move.. cause the first two were much about nuffin.. they barely made it to the start of me spike wall defense.. tons n tons of spikes..

probably finish out day 21-22 tomorrow n call it a game for awhile..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
okay so dis game be growing on me. been playing 7d2d for 35 hours the last two day.. im coming up on day 21 on my fourth game.. will save that for tomorrow..

airdrops are annoying.. im lucky if i get one. 7 n 14 day hordes werent really shit.. too prepared i guess.. shit be turning into a job.. fucking grind.. playing a game, grinding every game day.... for a end of the week pay check n bills aka as dat horde day.. da developer is a sick mo fo..

sum shit still b buggy.. i swear im having a memory leak if i go on all day.. at some point i need to exit out and restart.. thats with 2gb gpu and 12 gb sys mem.. i am running youtube on the second monitor though..

blood moon doesnt end for me after 4 am in this game. even if no zombies are around.. cleared out day 14 zombies in 20 game day minutes and it stayed red til 5 am...i gotta save out and reload..

deadliest creature in the game are wolves.. i only got a 9mm but it dont do shit against those.. iron arrows much betta.. i should have explored more sooner to look for unlocks.. cause i still cant craft guns meself or concrete.. been hold up a top of some gas station as me base since day 1.. gonna see how the next two hordes are if imma move.. cause the first two were much about nuffin.. they barely made it to the start of me spike wall defense.. tons n tons of spikes..

probably finish out day 21-22 tomorrow n call it a game for awhile..

It gets addictive.... and FYI the zombies keep getting harder/stronger.

Though I agree, early hordes are not so bad if you build lots of spike traps.

I think my next play thru I will up the difficulty and number of zombies per blood moon.

FYI I find blood moons go to 6am not 4am and game definitely has memory leaks.... I have had it running for 4-5 days before and it gets into the 12GB+ range.

AussieBear

It gets addictive.... and FYI the zombies keep getting harder/stronger.

Though I agree, early hordes are not so bad if you build lots of spike traps.

I think my next play thru I will up the difficulty and number of zombies per blood moon.

FYI I find blood moons go to 6am not 4am and game definitely has memory leaks.... I have had it running for 4-5 days before and it gets into the 12GB+ range.

21 day horde seemed the weakest. probably because i didnt let this nightly 17-1730 patrol do any damage to me defense. im generally outside til 2000 but on 7 and 14 day hordes i came back early and set off that patrol somehow. during 21 day i made sure to stay away from me base until i saw said patrol come at me and i ran off then circled back to me base... they never came and softened the defense for da horde..

21 day horde also fell for random spikes out in the field.. their attack was pretty sad.. i even went afk.

20-2400 be boring.. sucks you cant sleep on non horde nights.. if i aint got shit ta craft or forge i aint doing nuffin.. just go afk letting it run in the background or im on the other monitor dong shit.

idk if i ever start over.. but greater difficulty is needed.. or maybe thatll happen further down the track.. i still find the wolves the most fuckd creature in the game.. ive died 6-8 times this game.. all deaths by wolves.. mini fucking tanks at times.. especially that black wolf.. i dont run cause i gotta get that meat.. i need mo better weapons.. or for the game to stop letting arrows and bullets pass fru da target at times..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
21 day horde seemed the weakest. probably because i didnt let this nightly 17-1730 patrol do any damage to me defense. im generally outside til 2000 but on 7 and 14 day hordes i came back early and set off that patrol somehow. during 21 day i made sure to stay away from me base until i saw said patrol come at me and i ran off then circled back to me base... they never came and softened the defense for da horde..

21 day horde also fell for random spikes out in the field.. their attack was pretty sad.. i even went afk.

20-2400 be boring.. sucks you cant sleep on non horde nights.. if i aint got shit ta craft or forge i aint doing nuffin.. just go afk letting it run in the background or im on the other monitor dong shit.

idk if i ever start over.. but greater difficulty is needed.. or maybe thatll happen further down the track.. i still find the wolves the most fuckd creature in the game.. ive died 6-8 times this game.. all deaths by wolves.. mini fucking tanks at times.. especially that black wolf.. i dont run cause i gotta get that meat.. i need mo better weapons.. or for the game to stop letting arrows and bullets pass fru da target at times..

Ok there is a big mistake.... night time inside your base, you should be harvesting resources via mining.

Dig a shaft down under your base, within the confines of fortifications/walls, and find rock/deposits to mine.

I do two things.... I mine rock/iron to smelt for Iron/Steel/Concrete and I also tunnel away from my base for an escape tunnel if ever needed.

You spend the entire night gathering resources, improving your mining skill, and leveling your character.

AussieBear

Ok there is a big mistake.... night time inside your base, you should be harvesting resources via mining.

Dig a shaft down under your base, within the confines of fortifications/walls, and find rock/deposits to mine.

I do two things.... I mine rock/iron to smelt for Iron/Steel/Concrete and I also tunnel away from my base for an escape tunnel if ever needed.

You spend the entire night gathering resources, improving your mining skill, and leveling your character.

may do that eventually when i get better than iron gear.. the sub floor in the gas station and roof will take all day. for now i just bust small boulders for iron, lead, etc i got about 7-8000 iron in the furnace just waiting.... all i use it for is basically iron arrow heads

day 28 was more fun this time around.. had scragglers til 4 am.. but i let the defenses handle those from 230.. after the initial wave it wasn't much to do but farm.. got a rooftop farm on the gas station.. need fertilizer so planting one potato doesnt net one fucking potato but i don't have a mixer to make fert.. or do those grow longer and net more than 1. may experiment with vertical farming.. got trees growing up there. just wanted to see if they'd grow...

just came across that suburb next to the hospital.. dat would take a long time to clear out all those houses. i just finally got a crossbow.. makes things even easier.. i do own a 9mm and a rifle but i dont use em except on wolves.. but i normally keep them at me base..

gonna have to start another base though.. im on the fringe of the winter zone and forest and it takes forever to get to the other side and do shit..having a second base on the other side would be good.. i did dig out a huge cavern system in the desert cliffs like da anasazi ppls.. cliff side base.. got stuck out treasure hunting and decided to dig for shits and giggles.....im just waiting until i can make cement to go back and make walls etc.. the shit goes from the top down into the canyon.. almost to the bottom..

damn the game is minecraft 2.0... minecraft sucked hundreds of hours out of me.. im 40 hrs in and theres still more to learn/unlock.. guess i should explore more and look for books n shit so i can learn skills.. the pace sucks in a way.. but its luck of the draw i guess.. first game i unlocked 44 mag in the first hour i think and found a sniper rifle..

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me and my wife are just finishing up Dragon Age Inquisition on 360 after playing the first two games and loving it. Inquisition is much better and a hell of a game. We are thinking of getting an Xbox One for Christmas, is Dragon Age any different or better on Xbox One and is it worth buying and playing through again? You guys gave some great tips in the Dragon Age thread posted a few years ago and we followed that for help playing. Any other similar games on Xbox One to recommend?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Me and my wife are just finishing up Dragon Age Inquisition on 360 after playing the first two games and loving it. Inquisition is much better and a hell of a game. We are thinking of getting an Xbox One for Christmas, is Dragon Age any different or better on Xbox One and is it worth buying and playing through again? You guys gave some great tips in the Dragon Age thread posted a few years ago and we followed that for help playing. Any other similar games on Xbox One to recommend?

I played DAO on Xbox One since they made it backwards compatible, and was pissed to find out they have not allowed Dragons Age II on Xbox One, but Dragons Age Inquisition is on Xbox One....

OH THE PAIN.

I don't think DAO offers anything better on Xbox One.... it is just a port of the 360 game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
may do that eventually when i get better than iron gear.. the sub floor in the gas station and roof will take all day. for now i just bust small boulders for iron, lead, etc i got about 7-8000 iron in the furnace just waiting.... all i use it for is basically iron arrow heads

day 28 was more fun this time around.. had scragglers til 4 am.. but i let the defenses handle those from 230.. after the initial wave it wasn't much to do but farm.. got a rooftop farm on the gas station.. need fertilizer so planting one potato doesnt net one fucking potato but i don't have a mixer to make fert.. or do those grow longer and net more than 1. may experiment with vertical farming.. got trees growing up there. just wanted to see if they'd grow...

just came across that suburb next to the hospital.. dat would take a long time to clear out all those houses. i just finally got a crossbow.. makes things even easier.. i do own a 9mm and a rifle but i dont use em except on wolves.. but i normally keep them at me base..

gonna have to start another base though.. im on the fringe of the winter zone and forest and it takes forever to get to the other side and do shit..having a second base on the other side would be good.. i did dig out a huge cavern system in the desert cliffs like da anasazi ppls.. cliff side base.. got stuck out treasure hunting and decided to dig for shits and giggles.....im just waiting until i can make cement to go back and make walls etc.. the shit goes from the top down into the canyon.. almost to the bottom..

damn the game is minecraft 2.0... minecraft sucked hundreds of hours out of me.. im 40 hrs in and theres still more to learn/unlock.. guess i should explore more and look for books n shit so i can learn skills.. the pace sucks in a way.. but its luck of the draw i guess.. first game i unlocked 44 mag in the first hour i think and found a sniper rifle..

Ah see I make my base in a specific house type with wooden flooring and cobblestone walls on the 1st floor.

I break down the stairs inside and out on the balcony to give myself a space the zombies can't get to, then I spike trap the outside to keep them away, and then I need only break down like 4-6 blocks in one layer on the ground floor to get to dirt and start digging my shaft.... I usually fill the ground floor with spike traps as well in case the zombies get thru and break down any walls on the ground floor.... cause then they get into your mine shaft and either hangout down there unable to come up or they climb your ladder to the 2nd floor and you have to fight them.

If I had a concrete floor to contend with, yeah that would be a pain in early game.... now I have a sledgehammer I could use on it.

AussieBear

game on the pc. winter sale will be on around xmas and run through the new year.. or did you get that xbox one already?

AussieBear

Ah see I make my base in a specific house type with wooden flooring and cobblestone walls on the 1st floor.

I break down the stairs inside and out on the balcony to give myself a space the zombies can't get to, then I spike trap the outside to keep them away, and then I need only break down like 4-6 blocks in one layer on the ground floor to get to dirt and start digging my shaft.... I usually fill the ground floor with spike traps as well in case the zombies get thru and break down any walls on the ground floor.... cause then they get into your mine shaft and either hangout down there unable to come up or they climb your ladder to the 2nd floor and you have to fight them.

If I had a concrete floor to contend with, yeah that would be a pain in early game.... now I have a sledgehammer I could use on it.

idk if i have a main base idea. just building off the first one i took.. will get the second base on the other side of the map up at some point and then will make a bunch of little satellite bases spread throughout the map for non horde days and traveling.

i like the gas station. ive double layered the walls with another layer of reinforced brick. theres a huge boulder nearly as high as the roof next to the station that with a lil ramp i can jump to.. im gonna make that a safe room tower.. gonna put walls around it then build a tower up.. so if my gas station ever gets overran i can at least go hide in the tower til dawn. if they get through the spikes and walls they still have to get through rock before me tower will fall.. will give me enough time to make it to dawn.

for now the next goal is to build a building which leads to a bridge thatll get me to the roof.. its a pain getting up there now.. i gotta acrobat me way fru a spike field then add some blocks on the side of the building and jump up while removing them on me way up.. the ez way down is a sprint jump into hay. there use to be one ladder that would get you up to the top but i removed most of it and put a brick at the top.. they still try to go that way.. and just get mowed down..

i may move to a bigger store building.. the gun or tool store.. much bigger roofs to expand me roof top farms.. maybe i should go clear out those stores n see whats in them first.

its funny how you say early game when im at 40 hrs.. cause it is just that.... even at 40 hrs. good recommend. game is worth its full asking price @ 24.99 even with the current bugs.. on sale its a steal..

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I played DAO on Xbox One since they made it backwards compatible, and was pissed to find out they have not allowed Dragons Age II on Xbox One, but Dragons Age Inquisition is on Xbox One....

OH THE PAIN.

I don't think DAO offers anything better on Xbox One.... it is just a port of the 360 game.

Thank you sir.

game on the pc. winter sale will be on around xmas and run through the new year.. or did you get that xbox one already?

Didn't buy one yet, but my PC is no where near game capable.

AussieBear

Thank you sir.

Didn't buy one yet, but my PC is no where near game capable.

what pc u got? cpu n ram? youd be surprised what a used 750 ti will do. just be wary of the fake chinese brands. a low profile 750 ti or 1050 ti will generally fit most prebuilt cases and dont require and psu cables for extra power.

1050 ti would be good for 1080p for most new stuff and slay at 900p
750 ti would be good enough for 900p and 1080p in older titles.

just depends on detail levels and fps you need/want

used 750 tis 50 - 89?? usd
1050 ti 120 (used) - 170? ish new usd

if you have wired 360 controllers you can use those as is via usb. for wireless 360 controllers i think you need a wireless usb receiver.

idk the usa market but im sure you could find a cheap as low profile 750 ti somewhere.. someone here might have one laying around.. it all depends on your case and psu though.. bigger psu and case would open up options for other cheap cards.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, but I don't think a new gaming PC would be right for us right now. I'd rather game on a console anyways.

P.S. It's a Lenovo 32 bit,Win 10, Intel core duoCPU, 3.00 GHx 3000 Mhz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors, 2 gig ram

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Thanks, but I don't think a new gaming PC would be right for us right now. I'd rather game on a console anyways.

P.S. It's a Lenovo 32 bit,Win 10, Intel core duoCPU, 3.00 GHx 3000 Mhz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors, 2 gig ram

blasphemy!

just messing you.

but honestly, why? you can build a capable gaming pc for the same price as a console.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
blasphemy!

just messing you.

but honestly, why? you can build a capable gaming pc for the same price as a console.

Console is just easier for many people.

Buy the console, buy the game, play the game.

No building, no OS install, no configurations, no worrying about heat/cooling, no upgrade worry, never worry about whether your console can handle a game.

I build my own PCs and play most of my games on PC, but it is not the easiest/most convenient for alot of people.

AussieBear

pcs can be a hassle.. wish i had that 1060 now but the 6gb version for your zombie game..

finally learnd how to play the game afta 40 hrs and shit has been less of a chore the past 10-15 hrs.. who new the wrench dismantled cars and thats how i got engines..mfer.... gathering resources be quick now with me steel n perks.... i wish i could just change the difficulty without starting over, because this shit aint hard enough, but im too many hours in to quit.. being that i know how to play now id progress fairly quick... but fuck that.... day 42 was nada special.. fucks didnt even get close to breakn the initial line of me spike wall.. they have been attacking from different sides each time so thats different at least.. theyd need to multiple day 42 by 42 for me even to get scurred enough to run n jump to me panic tower.