What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I had Spider Man 3 for PS2 back in the Toby McGuire Spider Man days. Imo the best part of those games was the free roaming aspect.

Web of Shadows was awesome, loved that one for PS3. This one is okay, but the free roam is kind of a hassle. They have this hero/menace system where if you don't complete side missions, you're considered a menace and the newly created task force will target you.

Problem is, the side missions are on a fairly quick timer, so you essentially have to keep doing them to keep your hero meter up. Meaning, you don't really get to free roam the gigantic city looking for everything. It's pretty much bullshit. Thankfully, I was collecting everything when the game started before the timer kicked in, so I have everything I can collect up to this point in the game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I beat Spider-Man. The main missions are extremely short, but I liked the game. I need to beat it on Super Hero difficulty to acquire the final trophy, but it said it would delete all my old progress :-(. Probably going to save all that to a USB before moving ahead. I didn't complete the game 100% just to delete it.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Have you guys seen the Magic Leap video? This company apparently is developing augmented reality products, and Google is funding them to a tune of over $500 million. I'm not sure if I can ever get into AR games, as I don't trust those things covering my eyes...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/03/20/magic-leap-shows-off-mind-blowing-augmented-reality/

[video=youtube;kPMHcanq0xM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPMHcanq0xM[/video]

Will any of the games have strategically covered nudity?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This comes out this week

[video=youtube;RZ_zwpisdGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_zwpisdGs[/video]

AussieBear

somebody mentioned roller coaster tycoon 3 awhile back and i found my copy digging through an old box.. so im on that today

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
somebody mentioned roller coaster tycoon 3 awhile back and i found my copy digging through an old box.. so im on that today

If I lived in the outback like you I wouldn't have time for games. I'd be out in the bush snaring crabs and hunting wild boar seaside.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
This comes out this week

[video=youtube;RZ_zwpisdGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_zwpisdGs[/video]

Im hoping they went with a more surreal story in line with Mask of the Betrayer/Torment with this one rather than the typical "evils sweeping over the land, you must stop it" rpg fair. Unique stories is one one thing Obsidian has going for them when they choose to go that route.

I also hope combat is kept to a minimum with an emphasis on story, character, and RPing.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I am playing ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) again. Fantastic game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I started playing League of Legends with some of my friends because they said it'd be fun and they'd teach me everything. So far...I hate it. Idk why anyone plays this game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started playing League of Legends with some of my friends because they said it'd be fun and they'd teach me everything. So far...I hate it. Idk why anyone plays this game.

Iz dat an MMORPG?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ah ok nvm I looked it up.... its one of those Battle Arena type mods for Warcraft III that wound up spinning off into its own stand-alone game.

Never got in to those, but the mods were very popular.... have stretched the multiplayer life of Warcraft III by like a fucking decade.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ah ok nvm I looked it up.... its one of those Battle Arena type mods for Warcraft III that wound up spinning off into its own stand-alone game.

Never got in to those, but the mods were very popular.... have stretched the multiplayer life of Warcraft III by like a fucking decade.
Yeah it's very much like DOTA and other such games. I've never played anything like it before. Having done so for several games, I can see why it never really appealed to me in the first place.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah it's very much like DOTA and other such games. I've never played anything like it before. Having done so for several games, I can see why it never really appealed to me in the first place.

I think the community itself is just as much a turnoff to me than the game. I don't know how people can play honestly, but I get it if you're good.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Picked up a free code for Hotline Miami 2 on linux.

I haven't played the first one. But I'm going to install and play this one when I get some downtime.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ESO atm. The relaunch of tamriel unlimited is a lot better than I expected.