What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
someone on here is playing it. I forget who.

I will give my opinion tho.

ESO is neither an elder scrolls game nor a true mmo.

Don't think its going to be like skyrim or oblivion. If you understand that, you will be much more open to liking it.

So what is it then?

ESO is basically a single player game that runs in a multiplayer environment. The main story and even a lot of side shit are really pretty damn good. Almost all of your experience will be playing through those quests solo. Other people will be playing in parallel, but there is very little actual group play. Socialization is pretty limited too compared to real mmo's. This is mostly because there are no name plates or dialog boxes and its very hard to tell who the fuck is talking. When you want to talk to a specific person, its almost impossible to get their attention. And dungeons are basically just zergs that you tear through very quickly.

If you take it for what it is, eso is pretty cool. But it definitely is not a fully formed mmo and it is not skyrim either.

AussieBear

new super mario bros on the wii. i dont really like playing on the small arse stick controller, i may have to buy a classic controller. Anyway, the game is fun, takes me back to the mario 3 days..

i saw somewhere where kids were saying it was hard, but i find it to be way too easy. i nearly finished the first world without dying and ive picked up 30 extra lives in the process. easier than super mario 3d land back on the ds, which was about the same.. easy for the kidos

AussieBear

new super mario bros on the wii. i dont really like playing on the small arse stick controller, i may have to buy a classic controller. Anyway, the game is fun, takes me back to the mario 3 days..

i saw somewhere where kids were saying it was hard, but i find it to be way too easy. i nearly finished the first world without dying and ive picked up 30 extra lives in the process. easier than super mario 3d land back on the ds, which was about the same.. easy for the kidos

okay, so it finally started to get hard, well a little more challenging around world 3..... its the first world i died on.. my only real complaint with the game is how easy it is to acquire lives without even really trying to pick them up.. it basically makes them pointless.. i have 99 lives, the max, just by playing the game normally.

to be honest though, its the most fun ive had gaming in awhile. probably because it takes me back to my childhood days i suppose. if you skipped out on the wii after the gamecube like i did, i would definitely recommend picking one up just for this game if you grew up on the original marios - plus theres mario galaxy/paper, zelda and metroid. i may have to pick up a wii u just for the new mario u and the luigi edition. i wish they would make another luigi mansion for the console.

Also, my 2 yr old son seems to like watching mario run around, its the first time ive actually seen him stop and watch me play a game for an extended period of time.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
someone on here is playing it. I forget who.

I will give my opinion tho.

ESO is neither an elder scrolls game nor a true mmo.

Don't think its going to be like skyrim or oblivion. If you understand that, you will be much more open to liking it.

So what is it then?

ESO is basically a single player game that runs in a multiplayer environment. The main story and even a lot of side shit are really pretty damn good. Almost all of your experience will be playing through those quests solo. Other people will be playing in parallel, but there is very little actual group play. Socialization is pretty limited too compared to real mmo's. This is mostly because there are no name plates or dialog boxes and its very hard to tell who the fuck is talking. When you want to talk to a specific person, its almost impossible to get their attention. And dungeons are basically just zergs that you tear through very quickly.

If you take it for what it is, eso is pretty cool. But it definitely is not a fully formed mmo and it is not skyrim either.

I can see what you are saying here but you can also say it's a single player game and MMO. The amount of content for single player solo play is simply staggering and the story line is well done on all alliances and the main story. There is simply a TON of content. The amount of group content is good but underwhelming at this point in time but I think that is going to change in the future. It's a unique game and worth playing, people need to stop expecting games to be like WoW, because it's not that great honestly. I do miss large guild raids, but I like being able to play solo AND want group content and raiding content.

But you are right, it's not skyrim and not all MMO but is a unique game that stands on it's own and is high quality content. Right now the game plays great. My main is a Templar healer and it's simply fun healing in ESO, it's more well done than any game I have played. Also, there are a tremendous amount of builds you can make and you really can play the way you want to. My all time favorite MMO is the original everquest, but that was for hardcore gamers.

Anyway, give the game a try, it's worth the purchase without a doubt.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love how Dying Light lets you sleep anytime you want to....

Last mission was dis "Ermagherd Crane dey terk der Derctor.... you gertta git herm bak!" and I was like "It's ok guys.... I got dis... just let me sleep for 10 hours first, then I will deal with the life or death situation we have"

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fallout Shelter just hit Android. I know it's a little free to play time waster but I love Fallout so much it's sucked me in.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Last mission was dis "Ermagherd Crane dey terk der Derctor.... you gertta git herm bak!" and I was like "It's ok guys.... I got dis... just let me sleep for 10 hours first, then I will deal with the life or death situation we have"

lol like meditating in the Witcher

AussieBear

Fallout Shelter just hit Android. I know it's a little free to play time waster but I love Fallout so much it's sucked me in.

is it any good?

ive played all the fallouts except for 3 because it doesnt work on my win7 for whatever reasons. ive tried all the tips to fix it but it just doesnt work. all of them including new vegas work so you would think it would work but ehhhh. i guess ill just pick it up for the console one day.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Since I collected all the trophies for Arkham Knight. I went on a bit of a hiatus. Going to get back into Infamous First Light soon. I've just been working more, and when I'm home, either working on my car or catching up on TV shows.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Clearly realistic survival horror right thurrrr

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I haven't touched Skyrim in a couple years, but I stayed up all night trying to add mods to it, so that it can look like this:

20781-1-1382478928.jpg

750x1500px-LL-1a1abf65_2013-04-23_00038.jpeg

I don't know shit about mods, so I was kind of winging it. I must have added 35+ mods, and it was getting real close to looking like the above pictures, but then I got greedy and added a bunch more this morning, and now the game won't even boot. So I just said fuck it, I'm not gonna play this game anymore.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, that sucks. Were you using a mod manager? Cause you should be able to remove the last couple mods.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol, that sucks. Were you using a mod manager? Cause you should be able to remove the last couple mods.

Yes, I was using Nexus Mod Manager. But then I tried to add Project ENB, which requires you to manually do stuff. It worked last night, but then I watched a video that gave instructions on how to tweak it... but then that's when everything went wrong. I'm sure it'll be fairly simple to backtrack and undo that, but I'm just so sick of it now.. I just don't want to deal with it anymore. lol

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want ENB, its kind of one of the first things you should add

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same shit has happened to me with skyrim before. Get all excited by the mods, go overboard, break some shit, and then lose steam trying to fix it.

I would recommend putting the time in the fix it before moving on. That way, next time you get the urge to try skyrim, it will be all ready to go.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Same shit has happened to me with skyrim before. Get all excited by the mods, go overboard, break some shit, and then lose steam trying to fix it.

I would recommend putting the time in the fix it before moving on. That way, next time you get the urge to try skyrim, it will be all ready to go.

I'm thinking of just deleting everything and starting over b/c I put so many mods into it, I just want to start with a clean slate with just a few mods. But I don't want to lose my save file. Is there a way to preserve my save while deleting everything else and then reinstalling through Steam?