What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

beat mario wii.. was fun while it lasted. star world was annoying but the best world.

terraria has been sitting in my steam library for over a year, so i guess its time to try that out now. i had to let minecraft fully get out of my system.. its been about a year and a half since i played the shat out of minecraft

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking of just deleting everything and starting over b/c I put so many mods into it, I just want to start with a clean slate with just a few mods. But I don't want to lose my save file. Is there a way to preserve my save while deleting everything else and then reinstalling through Steam?

couldnt you just go to were the saved games are stored and copy them to another folder.

plus, often when you uninstall a game itll ask if you want to keep the saves.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dying Light is installed. Ares, Xer0...it is time...

AussieBear

terraria is definately minecraft addicting, i may have to put it down so the wife doesnt run her mouth too much. Normally i can put up with her bickering, its just Phantom Pain is coming out soon and i dont want to hear BS for the next 2-3 months straight about being an absentee parent...... pick your battles folks.... ill take some shots over the new metal gear though.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
couldnt you just go to were the saved games are stored and copy them to another folder.

plus, often when you uninstall a game itll ask if you want to keep the saves.

saves wont work unless you have pretty much all the same mods installed again

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking of just deleting everything and starting over b/c I put so many mods into it, I just want to start with a clean slate with just a few mods. But I don't want to lose my save file. Is there a way to preserve my save while deleting everything else and then reinstalling through Steam?

It depends on what mods you had and how much you played with them enabled. If you have a save from before you started modding, that will work. But each additional mod you have added in the save reduces the chance that it will work without that mod.

Check out GameSave Manager for backing up your saves.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
It depends on what mods you had and how much you played with them enabled. If you have a save from before you started modding, that will work. But each additional mod you have added in the save reduces the chance that it will work without that mod.

Check out GameSave Manager for backing up your saves.

Cool, I didn't play much at all with the mods. I just basically installed them and then loaded the game to see how it looked. I have several saves prior to adding all the mods, so it looks like I'll be ok there. I'll check out that GameSave Manager. Thanks man.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
The only game I play with regularity is something called Sniper Elite 3. It was never a big seller, got mediocre reviews, but for some reason, I love it. I play a couple matches of multiplayer almost daily. It requires a lot of patience, communication, and teamwork. The MP community is very small, and I play with the same people just about every time. We've actually become pretty tight, and the funny thing is that 90% of these guys are from Australia/New Zealand. They are older (30s-40s), married, with kids, so they're the same demographic as me. So I hang out and chat with a bunch of Aussies all the time, something I would have never envisioned happening. The funny thing is that whenever an American plays with us (which happens whenever there is a Steam sale for this game), I cringe a little because the majority of the time, that American is just a shit talking, rude asshole, and everyone kind of expects that from an American now.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh shit, let a brutha know when we doin dis Dying Light thing. I got a 15 man mumble server too so we can coordinate the online play and bullshit while were doing it. Berries you got my number.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh shit, let a brutha know when we doin dis Dying Light thing. I got a 15 man mumble server too so we can coordinate the online play and bullshit while were doing it. Berries you got my number.

Yeah we gotta sync up soon.... I am trying to decide whether to start a new game and start fresh with you guys or just show up like a bawss all level 99

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still need to verify that my game won't crash anymore. I was getting random ass crashing in Dying Light after playing like 30 minutes or so. It may have been from overclocking so next time I play I will use default vRAM and GPU clocks on the cards and hopefully its all gravy.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
is it any good?

ive played all the fallouts except for 3 because it doesnt work on my win7 for whatever reasons. ive tried all the tips to fix it but it just doesnt work. all of them including new vegas work so you would think it would work but ehhhh. i guess ill just pick it up for the console one day.

It's not a fallout game... it's a little strategy game type thing about building a shelter community that bethesda put out as a bit of a promo teaser for Fallout4. I like the game a lot but it's mostly one of those mobile free to play time waster type games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I get dying light, do i need to play through a single player campaign before doing multiplayer shit?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is a question for Berries. The way he mentioned it, sounds like people can jump into your single player game and help you. I have not put enough hours into the game to know.