What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

while i got a quick taste of outside the park baseball 17 and moved on, im back at it again.

last time i did a couple of moves and the cubs won it all. this time around im rebuilding a small market organisation (pirates) from the ground up.. the game is fairly deep and the customisation/modifiers are pretty solid... i enjoy it. there is a learning curve for sure, but its easy to pick up.. im thinking about getting ootp 18 but i havent really fully explored 17 yet.. perhaps ill skip 18 and wait for 19.

2022 cubs had trout and harper.. yeah yeah.. but y not.. they didnt win it all 9only simmed one yr with them before moving on) but the 2020 non trout/harper squad did

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Working through the last Dark Souls 3 DLC. Makes me sad we aren't getting a new souls game for a long time. Hoping they remaster Demon's Souls 'cause I got a hankering to replay it and don't want to dust off the PS3.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Working through the last Dark Souls 3 DLC. Makes me sad we aren't getting a new souls game for a long time. Hoping they remaster Demon's Souls 'cause I got a hankering to replay it and don't want to dust off the PS3.

Demon's Souls remaster would be awesome! They might unveil Bloodborne 2... Never know.

AussieBear

playing some madden 07 on pc.. cant find the 08 disk... i have madden 16 for da xbox but its still packed away.. but i gotz the current rosters for 07.. soo eh (i see footballidiot.com is still going strong keeping the mod dream alive).. i was hoping someone did the upcoming rookie class already.. will have ta wait. i really wish ea would drop a madden for pc again..

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bouncing between OOTPBaseball , Stellaris, Banished and Forza

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Persona 5.

Best turn based combat of all time. It's perfect.

AussieBear

finally playing witcher 3.. didnt want to skip 2... but i didnt want to put in the time for 2 and 3 at this point..

AussieBear

Bouncing between OOTPBaseball , Stellaris, Banished and Forza

ootp.. what year?

in 17.. my go to goat is 1B Dominic Smith (becomes a .300+ 30 hr guy)... hes a prospect for the mets.. smith always becomes a 5 star guy for me, well with proper development he does..

czman

Liked Posts:
playing some madden 07 on pc.. cant find the 08 disk... i have madden 16 for da xbox but its still packed away.. but i gotz the current rosters for 07.. soo eh (i see footballidiot.com is still going strong keeping the mod dream alive).. i was hoping someone did the upcoming rookie class already.. will have ta wait. i really wish ea would drop a madden for pc again..

is Madden 08 the one where you can make your own offensive plays. If so, that was the best Madden.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madden 08 was the shit.

Fuck EA for not having the vision to build what could be an empire with a fully realized NFL simulation (hosting full service online leagues complete with commissioners, custom draft rosters, trading, adjustable rules, websites, forums... I could go on and on.... think mmo or online shooter crossed with Madden) instead of taking the easy money with annual roster updates.

Its appalling what they have done when you consider what could be.

AussieBear

is Madden 08 the one where you can make your own offensive plays. If so, that was the best Madden.

i cant recall, id install it but i cant find the disk.. idk where i put it... i already uninstalled 07, i just wanted to play a couple of games with the glennon..

i remember 04 let you create your own plays, its the one time i can remember doing that.. too many exploits with plays i created, my friends wouldnt play me if i used my playbook after realizing no matter what d they called nothing worked.. ..

czman

Liked Posts:
i cant recall, id install it but i cant find the disk.. idk where i put it... i already uninstalled 07, i just wanted to play a couple of games with the glennon..

i remember 04 let you create your own plays, its the one time i can remember doing that.. too many exploits with plays i created, my friends wouldnt play me if i used my playbook after realizing no matter what d they called nothing worked.. ..

That is the problem with Madden. They have never been able to fix the AI to a point where it is difficult to exploit the game so they have chosen the easier way of restricted what you can do as a player. Even still they have to have situational boost of the AI players so their extremely carp AI does not look so bad. They have had a decade to fix the AI and it has not changed much at all.

czman

Liked Posts:
Madden 08 was the shit.

Fuck EA for not having the vision to build what could be an empire with a fully realized NFL simulation (hosting full service online leagues complete with commissioners, custom draft rosters, trading, adjustable rules, websites, forums... I could go on and on.... think mmo or online shooter crossed with Madden) instead of taking the easy money with annual roster updates.

Its appalling what they have done when you consider what could be.

I wish someone would make a non-licensed game with really good AI and some sort of point team build system that could be played online or solo. That would be great. I know people really like NFL licensed products, but Madden/EA have been extremely stagnant since they picked exclusive rights. .

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I recently tried out a classic.... it is called Rapelay? Anyone ever heard of it?

I jest.... but srs turn ur browser on private if you look it up.

It kind of boggles the mind that a studio of people collaborated and published a game like that.

:cringe:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I recently tried out a classic.... it is called Rapelay? Anyone ever heard of it?

I jest.... but srs turn ur browser on private if you look it up.

It kind of boggles the mind that a studio of people collaborated and published a game like that.

:cringe:

now youve gone and peeked my curiosity. though i doubt its any crazier than some of those japanese rape games... or is it one?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's on PS3 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, my borther in law asked if i wanted his ps3, so i said sure. theres a few games for it im interested in playing. P5 being one of them. though by the time i get around to it ps4 emulation might be a thing. lol

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
yeah, my borther in law asked if i wanted his ps3, so i said sure. theres a few games for it im interested in playing. P5 being one of them. though by the time i get around to it ps4 emulation might be a thing. lol

It's really damn good. Only knock I can say is some of the dialogue is bloated. And its $10 cheaper on PS3.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's really damn good. Only knock I can say is some of the dialogue is bloated. And its $10 cheaper on PS3.

i liked 4 a lot, but after 80 hours or so just hit a wall and playing another minute of it felt like a chore. mostly because the dungeons were so bland and repetitive. i hate when that happens... loving a game only to suddenly not want anything to do with it.