What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
i liked 4 a lot, but after 80 hours or so just hit a wall and playing another minute of it felt like a chore. mostly because the dungeons were so bland and repetitive. i hate when that happens... loving a game only to suddenly not want anything to do with it.

Oh man, that's the worst.

P5's main dungeons are all handmade and awesome (the two I've seen in 18 hours of play.) Huuuuge difference between P5's main dungeons and P4's randomly generated ones.

AussieBear

witcher 3 is too long in a sense..

been 60s hours of playing fetch.. as the dog.. need a break.. went through the last mission just x'ing my way through all the dialog.. hopefully i didnt miss anything important.. idk what the fuck happened.. just ended up killing a bunch of people for some reason.. read all the shit up to that point..

forgot i got rid of my newest but older nba 2k for the console.. so installed 12 for the pc.. been trying to find a ros update.. no luck.. just corrupted files.. 17 is on sale on steam for easter, but 70gigs on aussie tin can internet.. fuck that shit.. day and a half for dooms 60+ gigs.. put me off for sure.. then having to use up that much space.. got plenty of space but 70 gigs wtf..

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figured I would wait until this summer to dive into Andromeda (huge bummer) and wait for bioware to roll all their fixes out.

In the meantime, I have been playing dragon age origins which holds up surprising well. Really well actually.

AussieBear

Figured I would wait until this summer to dive into Andromeda (huge bummer) and wait for bioware to roll all their fixes out.

In the meantime, I have been playing dragon age origins which holds up surprising well. Really well actually.

i enjoyed dragons age from what littlre i remember.. i beat it, but to be honest, i cant remember much about the game.. being in a library at one point maybe... but i remember the feeling of.. mane this game aint bad... im getting old and my memory is fleeting....never played 2 or Inquisition though..

me.. still on witcher 3.. i think im 80-90 hrs in.. only lvl 24.. im on a lvl up path now though.. i need to get to 26 to use the superior griffin armor/weapon set.. im sign heavy.....before i waste mo time again.. no cheats or looking up crap online..

i wasted a lot of time just wandering around, playing gwent...looking for cards.. i wasted easy xp by passing on missions forever.. cause going back and doing lvl 12-14 recommend side missions at 20 something nets like 1 xp point..

just played the dumbest mission every.. some gwent tourney.. it was dumb because some chick was like lets rob the tourney.. im like naw.. i win the tourney.. im expecting 9k gold.. someone else robs the tourney.. of course its not the chick asking me to rob it.... anyway.. either you have to agree to partner with said chick to find who stole the coin and split it.. or you you refuse and no money for you - mission ova.. banging her wasnt worth 4.5k... my first mission reload of the game..

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mlb17 the show

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So as said before, I am playing Dragon Age Origins while I wait for ME Andromeda to get fixed.

And HOLY FUCK I forgot how good this game is. So good and still very playable imo. I generally have trouble overlooking outdated graphics in old games, but this one has not been bothering me.

And omfg the combat mechanics are fun as shit and bizarrely functional. Makes DA 2 and DAI look like shit. In terms of combat gameplay, this franchise has gone down the shitter. I can't believe how much they took a compelling system and tore it down and reduced it to the barely functional spam bullshit in DAI.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i thought origins was alright, probably the last of the good bioware, but i completely lost interest in it after the long roads or whatever it was called. in the end i enjoyed a number of bioswares other works a lot more including all of the mass effect(even 3 probably) and KOTOR.

anyway, i just started arkham knight. im not a big batman fan or anything but i dug mad max and this game seemed to have a similar formula and it looked fun so i figured what the hell. i was a little apprehensive considering how terrible the pc port was said to be, especially at launch, but since i got it cheap and things were said to be fixed i though id give it a try. it actually runs pretty well, maxed out 60fps with only the occasional hitch every now and then. it was either tthis or dragons dogma, and while rpgs are my thing i just cant get a good feel for DD based of videos and reviews.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
further into arkham knight now and its pretty damn good. the gameplay/mechanics can be a bit convoluted and theres what can be described as a bit of busy work in the side quests, but its fun, and whats most surprising is how good the story is actually. superhero/comic book stories usually arent my thing but this is kind of working for me, especially with how dark it can get, for example...

its not often a game will kill off a main character, especially an innocent person and close friend of the protagonist. but thats exactly what happened. scarecrow kidnapped oracle(aka batgirl) so ive spent hours going through the story in trying to save her, and fully expecting to, only to end up watching as scarecrows fear toxin causes her to herself. unless of course theres some twist and shes not really dead... and while on the one hand i wouldnt mind that, it would be a cop out at this point.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just ordered a PS4, lol. Got the 500gb slim with uncharted 4 for $220. Should get here today. I think ima be firing up Persona 5, assuming the PS4 doesn't need all night to update.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been playing Persona 5 and damn. It has dose of the creepy-cringey Japanese shit going on, but fuck, its seems pretty amazing. Very different and a great change of pace.

AussieBear

war for cybertron pc.. thought i had fall of cybertron too but i cant find it.. so back on the first one.. just need some mindless action.. dont feel like playing any witcher 3.. might just load that up and push through and finish it sometime this week..

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So as said before, I am playing Dragon Age Origins while I wait for ME Andromeda to get fixed.

And HOLY FUCK I forgot how good this game is. So good and still very playable imo. I generally have trouble overlooking outdated graphics in old games, but this one has not been bothering me.

And omfg the combat mechanics are fun as shit and bizarrely functional. Makes DA 2 and DAI look like shit. In terms of combat gameplay, this franchise has gone down the shitter. I can't believe how much they took a compelling system and tore it down and reduced it to the barely functional spam bullshit in DAI.

DA:O was the best of the series. I enjoyed DA 2 for what it was. DA:I I beat simply for the story but completely hated the MMO style combat and gameplay with the jumping puzzles.... Fucking jumping puzzles in DA:I. I will never forgive Bioware for that, and now the Andromeda fiasco. I have lost all confidence in Bioware.

I loved DA:O it felt like you actually had to play the game. Combat for me revolved around pausing every second or two to issue a whole new set of commands to each of my party members. I am going to start playing XCOM 2 again and my buddy wants me to start playing Satellite Reign.

Last edited:

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Been playing Persona 5 and damn. It has dose of the creepy-cringey Japanese shit going on, but fuck, its seems pretty amazing. Very different and a great change of pace.

How far into it are you?

Combat is pretty perfect for turn based, 41 hours, still lovin it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DA:O was the best of the series. I enjoyed DA 2 for what it was. DA:I I beat simply for the story but completely hated the MMO style combat and gameplay with the jumping puzzles.... Fucking jumping puzzles in DA:I. I will never forgive Bioware for that, and now the Andromeda fiasco. I have lost all confidence in Bioware.

I loved DA:O it felt like you actually had to play the game. Combat for me revolved around pausing every second or two to issue a whole new set of commands to each of my party members. I am going to start playing XCOM 2 again and my buddy wants me to start playing Satellite Reign.

Yeah, DAO has the best cRPG combat of all time imo. At least the base system.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How far into it are you?

Combat is pretty perfect for turn based, 41 hours, still lovin it.

I haven't finished April yet so still pretty early. I love it so far for what it is. But also, really love it just for breaking out of the rut RPGs have been in over the last maybe 2 years. I'm so tired of open world games. Doesn't even matter how good they are, I'm just tired of it.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, DAO has the best cRPG combat of all time imo. At least the base system.

I would completely agree with that assessment, also I think the reason DA:O is so replayable is it was a game that lived up to all the hype leading up to the release of a game. When I think back to games that failed and games that I have very much disliked, it was about 90% based on the fact that hype leading up to the launch led to a game that wasn't anything like they had advertised. DA:I, ME:A, (Deus Ex:MD while fun, was entirely too short with minimal story arc choices).

I feel like gaming companies now try to cater mostly to the those with a short attention span and lack of intelligence. I've often asked myself why I play games that give me quests but then tell me exactly what to go and do. What is the point of a journey if you don't have to figure anything out about it? Is it really that hard to A) listen to someone and retain that information or B) read a journal entry that gives you a description of where you need to go and what they would like you to do? The dumbing down of these mechanics has an impact in more ways then one, you see people ignore the dialog of a quest, just go to where they have to go and do whatever because the shiny dot on the screen tells them so, meanwhile missing out on the story or background behind these things.

DA:O takes second place for me but is definitely my favorite RPG of that type. While the Witcher 3 including the two expansions is my favorite RPG of all time due to the story and gameplay.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They just had a huge patch about a week ago that supposedly cleaned up a lot of the issues. Although haven't been playing the single player campaign much so haven't tested it out yet. Been playing the multiplayer the past few weeks.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It is officially the most wonderful weekend of the year: New PC build weekend!

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I got Ghost Recon Wildlands for free, and just started playing it. I'm only about an hour or so into it, but seems pretty good so far. I haven't played any open world games since Assassin's Creed 2, and this game's world seems so massive that it's kinda daunting. I doubt I'll come even close to finishing this game, but enjoying it so far.