What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
whats the build

Case: Fractal Design Define R5
PS: Seasonic X650
Mobo: Asus Z270 Maximus IX Hero
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Vid Card: GTX 770 (Holdover, waiting for Vega/Nvidia to shake out)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Black 7200RPM
DVD
Win 10

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
yeah, i pretty much just rebuilt the pc i just built a year ago. went from a z170 platform with a 6600k and a r9 390 to a z270 platform with a 7700k and a gtx 1080. i figure it should last a while now.

anyway, finished arkham knight and well,
oracle wasnt dead.
it was a good game overall, a little too much filler and busy work for my taste, but it was worth playing.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Anyone have a clue when the Freesync 2/G-Sync HDR monitors are coming out (at least the versions regular people can afford)?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For anyone that liked Gwent the card game in the Witcher they turned it into a game of its own and the Beta is out.

It's fun as hell as you can play multiplayer cross platform and they added all sorts of new cards. You unlock cards as you play and level up.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
been playing shadow of mordor since i kind of dig that game style. though each game in the genre has impressed me less than the last. i loved mad max, arkham knight was good but a little repetitive, and now shadow of mordor is the most "gamey" of the bunch with the whole structure seemingly based around generic busy work and an overt mission structure. its fun though and the combat is enjoyably brutal. and i must say, while the graphics were impressive from the start, being pretty fucked up right now, playing at 1620P and a solid 60fps with the gtx 1080 is pretty damn cool. though im having trouble concentrating so i think ill go drink an ipa, listen to some stoner rock, and zone out.

speaking of which, off topic, but fuck it...
[video=youtube_share;0y2g0g3r6hY]https://youtu.be/0y2g0g3r6hY[/video]

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I recently started the Uncharted series, and it's a great game. Can't believe I've missed out on it all these years

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I recently started the Uncharted series, and it's a great game. Can't believe I've missed out on it all these years

Yes! Some of the best games I played. I was like you man. I didn't play those games until I bought all 3 on PS3 for like $30 total. Then I still didn't play them. Finally played them when I was going to sell my PS3 and they were incredible. Bought the collection on PS4 and still have to play part 4. Actually, I still have a shit ton of games to play. I'm on Battlefield Hardline right now, but it's slow going. I just don't have the time. At least I've stopped buying games LOL. I've been dying to get Horizon Zero Dawn, among quite a few others, but I only buy when the games are on big time sale now.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yes! Some of the best games I played. I was like you man. I didn't play those games until I bought all 3 on PS3 for like $30 total. Then I still didn't play them. Finally played them when I was going to sell my PS3 and they were incredible. Bought the collection on PS4 and still have to play part 4. Actually, I still have a shit ton of games to play. I'm on Battlefield Hardline right now, but it's slow going. I just don't have the time. At least I've stopped buying games LOL. I've been dying to get Horizon Zero Dawn, among quite a few others, but I only buy when the games are on big time sale now.

Have a few hours in on Horizon and have really enjoyed it. I suck with the controller as I am not much of a gamer, but this game has been fun for me so far.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gears of War 4 was on sale for 50% off this past weekend, so I picked it up.... enjoying it quite thoroughly

AussieBear

I liked Shadow of Mordor, but let us know what you think of the ending.

yeah i only played it for 10-20 minutes setting up shat fer good fps.. seemed fun.. will get to it one day..

me breaks from art leading back to civ 5.. thought about getting civ 6.. but eh.. civ 5 still be okay.. just upscaling things now.. lots of ai and city states on huge maps.. me old standard was always about 7-8 ai and 7-8 city states on smaller to large maps for quicker games....

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I liked Shadow of Mordor, but let us know what you think of the ending.

just finished shadow of mordor. im not a fan of lotr so im not sure what to make of the ending in regards to lore. i heard it shits over it, but that doesnt matter to me. besides the story was so poorly told it wouldnt have mattered anyway. it seemed to just have been an after thought thrown together with some random cutscenes supposed to tie it all together. i really didnt now wtf was going on other than some dudes family was killed, he cheated death through bonding with the wraith dude and they both wanted the big baddie dead because he was a big baddie. so i had to do a bunch of somehow connected bs to kill said bad guy. dont really know why said baddie targeted them though. then again ill admit i didnt pay much attention since it was so meh.

thats kind of the problem with the whole game. like they were like... ok, so we have the lotr license, what do we do? oh, lets just take the basic core approach of the batman/rocksteady games and boiled it down as much as possible, throw on a coat of lotr paint and call it a day. the combat was fun, as it was in the other games like this, but they offered far more in regards to world, atmosphere, story, etc. as stated above, shadow was far too gamey. to the point that missions literally just consisted of going to the glowing mission start points and choosing to start a mission. no attempt at immersion at all. other games do this but in a way that isnt so distracting or gamey feeling. i really like the fear games and wish monolith would do something like that again, but since shadow was such a huge hit theyve been working on the sequel that i have very little interest in.

now, what i would like is for someone to takes this style of combat and incorporate it into a legit rpg. that could be fucking great.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
just finished shadow of mordor. im not a fan of lotr so im not sure what to make of the ending in regards to lore.

Well, I wasn't referring to the story...
I was referring to the super lame final boss fight. Up until that time, you had this great action game with lots of intense combat, then you get to the final boss and it's a quick time event where you press like 3 buttons and it's over. It's almost as if the programmers ran out of time and just put that lame shit together in 10 minutes.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, I wasn't referring to the story...
I was referring to the super lame final boss fight. Up until that time, you had this great action game with lots of intense combat, then you get to the final boss and it's a quick time event where you press like 3 buttons and it's over. It's almost as if the programmers ran out of time and just put that lame shit together in 10 minutes.

oh, yeah, the final boss fight was as anticlimactic as you can get. but i was actually kind of relieved because i had had enough and just wanted to be done with the game. im not sure im going to even bother with the dlc.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Went back to Everquest. They released Agnarr last month and its a Planes of Power Locked progression server where they start at the base game and unlock expansions every 12 weeks until they hit Lost Dungeons of Norrath at which point they will lock the server and no more expansions will be released. Keep in mind locked does not mean that it is locked to new players, just expansions.

Hit me up if that's your thing. I've got a small guild and am fairly leveled on my main should be able to do some PLing or port you guys around if you want.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I finished Gears of War 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda.... using Stellaris/Anno 2205 to pass time while I look for a new game.

I should probably get to back log games.... have had Shadow of Mordor for like 3+ years.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shadow of Mordor for $3.99. Why not?

I need to scan thru dem deals when I get home... I know I had some games and/or DLC I figured "Wait for one of those nice Steam Sales"