What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What have people picked up?

I got:

Walking Dead Telltale Season 3 (not called season 3 but das wut it is)
Dishonored 2 (I got the first one in my backlog, heard 2 was really good)
Far Cry Primal
The Division
Watch Dogs 2

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I bought a new game, Nex Machina, last week. It's so addicting and fun, and has been getting some great reviews. It's a twin-stick shooter like Robotron and Smash TV. In fact, the creator of Robotron, Eugene Jarvis, helped develop this game. It's on PC and PS4, but make sure you play with a game pad on PC. I highly recommend it.

[video=youtube;jlMa5lZZQ-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlMa5lZZQ-g[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What have people picked up?

I got:

Walking Dead Telltale Season 3 (not called season 3 but das wut it is)
Dishonored 2 (I got the first one in my backlog, heard 2 was really good)
Far Cry Primal
The Division
Watch Dogs 2

Haven't gotten anything from Steam, though I'm considering Quantum Break for $20. Any thoughts on this game would be extremely helpful. I only buy games I can't get on PS from there. A couple weeks ago though, PS store had a huge sale for E3. I picked up for PS4:

Batman: Return to Arkham
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Far Cry Primal
Battlefield 1

Cost me $85. Can't complain there.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
ive been playing dragons dogma dark arisen. its not bad, put a lot of hours into it but despite having not quite finished the dark arisen content, im done with it. im ready to move onto a new game. unfortunately nothing im really interested in is on sale, or at least not discounted enough to make it worthwhile. theres only 2 games that i really want to play, the surge and nier automata, but theyre still 40 bucks and ill just wait in that case. re7 looks good but i prefer games with some length.

i am thinking about picking up mankind divided for 15 bucks though. i guess theres some old(er) games i could catch up on, but i want something thatll push my new 1080.

AussieBear

got 2k17.. guess ill be able to play it tomorrow afta a day long download..eta keeps fluxing from 19 hours to 1 day and 4 hours.. sweet aussie isps yo.... may pick up madmax but there isnt much i feel like playing.. decent sale on steam though..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
ended up getting mankind divided and despite any legit complaints people have, its a damn good game. especially in regards to exploration. i cant recall a game that made exploration so rewarding and immersive. the world isnt huge, but its dense, and while its simply exploring numerous apartments a lot of the time, they each feel unique and alive. this is how you do exploration... other devs should take note.

AussieBear

we left the house..so it stopped all da otha streamin in da house.. afta being gone 4 hours nba 2k17 still gots 9-12.5 hours to go. christ.. saved half a day downloading though

finally got around to picking up the heart of the swarm expansion.. eb games having a sale hurr.. was gonna pick up civ 6 (about the same price as steams sale), but ill wait til xmas probably..so da wife has something to get me..... maybe i get on to scII tonight or juss wait.. cause will put in several weeks on 2k17 once i start tomar.. cool i dont have to reinstalled the other two scIIs.. didnt know this was a stand alone expansion..

AussieBear

christ did i say my internet sucks.. its been 12 1/2 hours for 45.8 gigs of the 54.7.. then i think theres a 6-7 gb update to wait on too.. should have just bought it for da old console or reinstalled the only 2k i gots for pc.. 2k12...

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Shadow of Mordor for $4 is a great deal.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I bought a new game, Nex Machina, last week. It's so addicting and fun, and has been getting some great reviews. It's a twin-stick shooter like Robotron and Smash TV. In fact, the creator of Robotron, Eugene Jarvis, helped develop this game. It's on PC and PS4, but make sure you play with a game pad on PC. I highly recommend it.

[video=youtube;jlMa5lZZQ-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlMa5lZZQ-g[/video]

I am one of the 10 best players in the world in one of the arena challenges (Out Of Time in Techno Forest). Not trying to brag but it's easily the furthest I've ever been up a leaderboard...

Every single replay is available to watch from the leaderboards. The best thing you can do is watch the best player and learn their routes.

Game is awesome too btw lol.

AussieBear

fuck 2k17 went all corporate whore.. adding the use of gold coins to gm offline mode is pure bs.. basically breaks the game unless youre spending coins you gotz ta buy wiff real money.. cause morale issues.. ya end up with a squad of bitches crying ova bs..

i didnt search the game enough to see if you can turn off morale but during quick set up and normal games i didnt see the option. will search it out once my work week is ova...but for example.. i ended up with a 2k player at pg 86, moved wiggins to sg 86, paul george sf 92, 2k player 81 pf and moved porzingas to c 88... then had rubio crying as the 6th man rated 79 and sum other bitch as my back up c rated 78 crying he aint starting ova porzingas..

morale penalty caused the squad to miss the playoffs 2 years.... we made the playoffs when i traded rubio and da backup center... but the starters started being bitches ova nuffin.. and couldnt make it out the conference finals for the 4-5 yrs i kept the core together... just simming not playing... so spend coins to improve morale or squads are penalized and shit basically

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haven't gotten anything from Steam, though I'm considering Quantum Break for $20. Any thoughts on this game would be extremely helpful. I only buy games I can't get on PS from there. A couple weeks ago though, PS store had a huge sale for E3. I picked up for PS4:

Batman: Return to Arkham
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Far Cry Primal
Battlefield 1

Cost me $85. Can't complain there.

It's decent particularly if you like the plot as they have live action 5-10 minute videos to go along with the game shot kind of like the tv show 24.

The game mechancis and combat is pretty good and there are some challenging points in the game so the combat should keep you involved.

The game itself is a bit short compared to other games and not a lot of additional content but for 20 it's probably worth it. If it were 59, I'd say not enough content at that price.

The one benefit of being short is I actually collected everything you possible could which in other games is a chore and i usually give up because there is just too much repetitive side quests. This one it felt like the dude quests were relevant to the story and not just filler ad most of them expanded on the characters stories.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
anyone that digs shadow of mordor should pick up mad max and arkham knight if the havent played them, they are also cheap and do that same approach much better imo.

AussieBear

well put in an all night session of 2k17 afta work last night. the added coins in game in mygm mode doesnt break the game, it just makes you work a lil more. you cant just delegate certain tasks to your coach and assistant gm. you have to keep control of minutes and talking to da players personally when they gots issues.. by doing this i took the lakers to conference finals in year one and won the ring in year two..

traded the squad yr 1, traded up from 2 to 1 for ben simmons... durant signed yr 2 yo... Kemba walker pg, two no name 3 point sgs, durant @ sf , moved simmons to PF and rudy gobert C.. gotz thon maker as 6th man pf/c (traded a future first for him on draft day) and other cheap good role plays.. dynasty in da making yo...

only scratched the surface of myplayer.. its cool how they went with the story line, but them coins mane.. buy coins to speed up the process of yo player development or grind forever..

game looks good... plays smooth and the flow feelz truer to basketball than it had in years passst. wish i would have gotten it at the start of the year so i could get some online games with my player, but by the time i build him up most peeps will be on 2k18... so maybe ill skip 2k18 and jump on 2k19 at release..

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am one of the 10 best players in the world in one of the arena challenges (Out Of Time in Techno Forest). Not trying to brag but it's easily the furthest I've ever been up a leaderboard...

Every single replay is available to watch from the leaderboards. The best thing you can do is watch the best player and learn their routes.

Game is awesome too btw lol.

Have you played Assault Android Cactus? It's another twin stick shooter, and it's pretty great. Some of the boss battles are ridiculous.

[video=youtube_share;xzSuLRlzT5I]https://youtu.be/xzSuLRlzT5I?t=21s[/video]

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Have you played Assault Android Cactus? It's another twin stick shooter, and it's pretty great. Some of the boss battles are ridiculous.

[video=youtube_share;xzSuLRlzT5I]https://youtu.be/xzSuLRlzT5I?t=21s[/video]

No but I really want to, almost bought it once, I'll wait for a flash sale at this point.

The Nex Machina devs, Housemarque, have another shooter game coming in August called Matterfall. It looks more like a side scrolling shooter but it looks solid.

I def gotta try Cactus though for sure.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There's a demo available on Steam, not sure about other platforms. Been playing it more, and some of these level designs are crazy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing Dragon Age: Origins on Xbox One.... I never finished it the first time I played it.

Also 7 Days to Die on PC.... the game is alot of fun, but it is in Alpha.... not Beta..... it is in Alpha.... and when they do a "release" it basically breaks all your previous saves and the game transforms..... at least the recent Alpha 16 release was a pretty major set of changes compared to Alpha 15 which is where I started on it.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been playing MLB17, and GTA V