What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I just downloaded this for PC. It's been getting some great reviews and apparently is kinda unique in the way it uses binaural audio. It also consulted with lots of mental health professionals so that it could attempt to put you in the shoes of a mentally ill person. Will probably start it this weekend:

[video=youtube;PRQgOfb9EGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQgOfb9EGc[/video]

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
been playing breath of the wild on cemu at 4k. being locked to 30fps isnt ideal, but with a controller its not nearly as bad and for the most part it runs flawlessly. its pretty damn impressive. i tried running cemu with my 390 but emulators dont like amd cards much. i still cant believe they got BOW running perfectly so quickly.

Anyway, as for the game itself, its not bad, its not great and i dont even think its the best zelda. in fact it doesnt even really feel like zelda. it feels more like a nintendo open world adventure with nods to zelda. but it is addicting, despite the fact that exploration is extremely repetitive and it seems like a lot of the design choices were made to make the game as tedious as possible. lol

and i love games with a cell shaded/animated look, they age far better than "realistic graphics" and even games with inferior tech can look amazing with such an approach. BOTW looks like a god damn high quality animated film. especially upscaled to 4k.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I finally bought a Nintendo Switch a few weeks back. I love the damn thing.

I already cleared Zelda: BotW on Wii U so I grabbed Splatoon 2 which is the most fun of had with a multiplayer shooter in forever. I completely gave up on those games but this game really freshens up the genre. I get an hour break for lunch so I've been playing Splatoon 2 online multiplayer in my car running flawlessly using my phone as a hotspot. Very cool stuff.

For what Nintendo is trying to do, the graphic power is more than good enough. Splatoon 2 and Arms look very nice, especially clean when playing in handheld mode. My local library rents the games out so its been nice checking out a few different ones without having to spend any money...

About spending money, if there is one negative thing about the Switch so far, its a money pit:
$300 system
$100 extra joy cons
$60 extra joy con cradle and usb-c cable.

Overall its great, especially if you have time to burn outside of the house.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

I already cleared Zelda: BotW on Wii U so I grabbed Splatoon 2 which is the most fun of had with a multiplayer shooter in forever. I completely gave up on those games but this game really freshens up the genre. I get an hour break for lunch so I've been playing Splatoon 2 online multiplayer in my car running flawlessly using my phone as a hotspot. Very cool stuff.

For what Nintendo is trying to do, the graphic power is more than good enough. Splatoon 2 and Arms look very nice, especially clean when playing in handheld mode. My local library rents the games out so its been nice checking out a few different ones without having to spend any money...

About spending money, if there is one negative thing about the Switch so far, its a money pit:
$300 system
$100 extra joy cons

yeah, see the whole mobile gaming thing never really struck home with me, most mobile games are meh imo and even the few games worth playing, i rather just emulate them on pc. sure, the switch kind of addressed mobile games being meh in that its a legit console(sorta) offering legit games like BOTW on the go(at least in theory, i doubt the library will offer much that interests me), i still rather just emulate, and even when im out(which isnt much anyway lol) im not going to be playing a game since either im doing something specific, or if im in a situation were i simply have time to kill i rather bring a book.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just downloaded this for PC. It's been getting some great reviews and apparently is kinda unique in the way it uses binaural audio. It also consulted with lots of mental health professionals so that it could attempt to put you in the shoes of a mentally ill person. Will probably start it this weekend:

[video=youtube;PRQgOfb9EGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQgOfb9EGc[/video]

I want to get this game. Tell me how it is. Of course, my game back log is to the point of absurdity, so I won't buy it for a while. I only get games when on a serious sale now. I'm a good 40+ games behind.

AussieBear

back on cs go for a short pit stop i guess. put 160+ hrs on da 2k17... yeah.. maybe ill finally get around to the last starcraft expansion today afta da game..

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
yeah, see the whole mobile gaming thing never really struck home with me, most mobile games are meh imo and even the few games worth playing, i rather just emulate them on pc. sure, the switch kind of addressed mobile games being meh in that its a legit console(sorta) offering legit games like BOTW on the go(at least in theory, i doubt the library will offer much that interests me), i still rather just emulate, and even when im out(which isnt much anyway lol) im not going to be playing a game since either im doing something specific, or if im in a situation were i simply have time to kill i rather bring a book.

I hear ya, for me it was a no brainer because Mario releases in October, and I'm assuming the novelty of the portability will start to fade. But that's the thing, it's a home console first and a mobile option second.

The Switch surely isn't going to replace my PS4, but it doesn't have to. Nintendo makes the best first party games and with the Switch selling so well hopefully it gets a ton of third party support, but that's moot for most people who game primarily on a different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AussieBear

so i finally go to install legacy of the void.. and what do you know, the copy is fucking heart of the swarm.. lol.. wtf mane.. i bought lotv but those eb fucks gave me hots.. i opened the box and they probably wont take it back since its a pc game. a wasted 10 bucks.. this is what be happens when u buy shit, not be looks at it n leave it in the bag for long time number 1 murica..

i would buy it off of blizzard but downloading shit sucks hurr.. and 30 gigs be half a day... christ... i dont know how much data a hard copy would have on it anyway.. even half is a big chunk of time saved.....i was finally in the mood to play lotv too.. guess i need to pick something else from the backlog.. maybe fallout 4 or shadows of mordor... oh yeah ... maybe make a push to just finish witcher 3 after stopping at 111 hrs in..

AussieBear

started back on starcraft 2 wol.. havent played it for years.. gonna go fru dat and then heart of the swarm again before buying lotv i guess.. knowing me.. ill be bored of sc by the time i get through the swarm and wont buy lotv.. but whatev..

Wintermute

Liked Posts:

$300 system
$100 extra joy cons

This. Just got one myself. $299.00 at gamestop. Just love the darn thing. Not a lot of content, but it will come (Metroid Prime 4!).

I do like they have a range of prices for games. Obviously the top hitters like Zelda and Mario are in the $60 range, but you can get anything from $9.99 and up.

Juts have Mario Kart 8 now. Beautiful game.

Targeting Fast RMX and Thumper next.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
gonna start Madden soon. Then waiting for FIFA, and NHL. Thinking of finsihing the Batman series as well

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
kind of got board with breath of the wild so i started playing catherine. its crazy that ps3 games are fully playable with emulation. it seems like just yesterday ps3 emulation was talked about as being years and years off, if ever.

AussieBear

kind of got board with breath of the wild so i started playing catherine. its crazy that ps3 games are fully playable with emulation. it seems like just yesterday ps3 emulation was talked about as being years and years off, if ever.

how big are the isos?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
how big are the isos?

I know, dat aussie metered internet.

But if you ever need to know, just look it up on a torrent site. Catherine PS3 is 7.88GB (IDK how it was compressed, but for all the purpose of downloading, there ya go).
The largest I saw that wasn't a compilation is Killzone 3 at 66GB

:D

AussieBear

I know, dat aussie metered internet.

But if you ever need to know, just look it up on a torrent site. Catherine PS3 is 7.88GB (IDK how it was compressed, but for all the purpose of downloading, there ya go).
The largest I saw that wasn't a compilation is Killzone 3 at 66GB

:D

its not the meter count down...gots plenty, can add even mo..it be the

46-funny-fake-downloading-the-internet.jpg

and our shitty fttn which was suppose to go in this year, gotz pushed back to next.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While my hand was injured I was playing Banished and Cities Skylines.

Anyone ever play Banished?

It is a game where you start with 10 people, who have been presumably banished from society out into the wilderness, and you have to build a town/village using them and a small amount of starting resources.

The one resource you are almost always short on is people/workers.... the adults are generic Laborers who move resources around, gather/mine raw materials from areas you designate they should clear, and they will drop resources on new building outlines.

Any Laborer can be assigned to any of the probably 20-30 jobs as you need them.... builders to build stuff, hunters for hunting cabin, farmers for farm plots, etc.

Problem is people die easily, so you tend to be short staffed through most of the game.

It is a simple game you can play with just a mouse really, but it can be quite engrossing.

Since I got my hand back I been playing Shadow of Mordor.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still overwatch.

New nhl should be out soon. I love the eashl portion of that game. Less-so now that they moved away from the rpg style they had before.

Destiny 2 looks like it should be cool... probably check that out

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
How's the new Madden? Same old, same old, I assume? I haven't played it in years.