What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

AussieBear

I watch that junk on youtube.
Korean pro league. Pretty funny that there's pro league for video games.

ive seen a couple of videos here and there. those koreans are for realz. i tried playing online a few times and got decimated.

whats mo funny than pro league.. twitch.. ppl watching ppl play games and donating money to those streamers at times.. ..

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
ive seen a couple of videos here and there. those koreans are for realz. i tried playing online a few times and got decimated.

whats mo funny than pro league.. twitch.. ppl watching ppl play games and donating money to those streamers at times.. ..

Yeah, there's a Korean version of something similar called AfreecaTV.
Pro gamers play a game vs regular folks and will live stream it to do like a tutoring session while playing.
Some people will then donate money and ask the gamer to do a certain thing/mission.
It gets pretty funny. People ask them pros to do some weird stuff...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
cities skyline.. finally giving it some real hours..

I was playing that a couple months back when my left hand was out of action and I could only play games with a mouse.

It was alright.... kinda bugged me it basically forces you to continually rebuild the city.

You can't build big roads/highways, so it has to begin with small/shitty roads and then you gotta demolish everything to put in bigger/better roads.

I mean I get that is how cities tend to evolve, but feels weird being able (and actually doing it) to just obliterate entire sections of the city or entire roads.

AussieBear

I was playing that a couple months back when my left hand was out of action and I could only play games with a mouse.

It was alright.... kinda bugged me it basically forces you to continually rebuild the city.

You can't build big roads/highways, so it has to begin with small/shitty roads and then you gotta demolish everything to put in bigger/better roads.

I mean I get that is how cities tend to evolve, but feels weird being able (and actually doing it) to just obliterate entire sections of the city or entire roads.

i basically play in sandbox mode with those features unlocked. the game is slow as is, no point in making it even slower. when i first played it i got bored grinding unlocking everything.. now i just play as i want for the most part.. i leave money on and do basic book balancing.. playing it vanilla bored me quick.. lack of content after a while. so, i had to add stuff.

ive added a few mods, such as the 81 tile mod to open the whole map basically. i bought two expansions while they were half off. the mass transit one and the snow one which had trams in it. i added the two free dlcs.. match day and pearls of the east. match day adds a huge stadium that can net you money during a game like in simcity 2013 or whenever it came out.

i added a bunch of growable buildings to stop with the repetitive stock buildings. added different parks, trees etc etc...hell i even added taco bell, kfc, burger king and mcdonalds

after about 15-20 hours im only 50k citizens strong.. i spent a couple hours editing my own map to use.. made some huge waterfalls for a dam....now after playing it for hours and seeing areas of the map i dont like. i want to actually edit that map and start over.. idk.. but ive been grinding away building slowly.. experimenting with different zone block sizes, transportation and seeing how certain factors actually grow and develop areas.. basically one big test session i guess. i could cheat and plop down items that would make grow like crazy.. but eh.. the game is okay though.. dlc, mods and community assets make it a better game for sure....

ive been playing city builders since the original simcity..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Finished a fully modded TI-99/4A project for a client, been playing with it a bit. IMO, it's easily the most beautiful home computer built of the 8-bit era. But it's pretty disappointing as far as game library.

Just having one maxed out within original specs in my possession for the time being makes me glad I never threw the cash into one back when I was a young pup. Cool factor for vintage computers 10/10, fun factor 4/10.

But if any old TI-99/4A users know any great games, maybe I overlooked something?

Mitchapalooza

New South Park game was fun just kind of short like the first one. DLC in the future though.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
That's what I liked about the stick of truth. Short and sweet, ultra-high quality. Being married to a game for months is for people with a lot of time to spare.

About how many hours do you think you put into FBW? Did you 100% it?

Mitchapalooza

That's what I liked about the stick of truth. Short and sweet, ultra-high quality. Being married to a game for months is for people with a lot of time to spare.

About how many hours do you think you put into FBW? Did you 100% it?
100%'d but I had probably 90% complete once I beat the story. I'd say it's like 15 hrs to beat it. It was longer than stick of truth I think. My save file says 19 hrs but I fucked around a little bit so 15 seems about right.

AussieBear

Finished a fully modded TI-99/4A project for a client, been playing with it a bit. IMO, it's easily the most beautiful home computer built of the 8-bit era. But it's pretty disappointing as far as game library.

Just having one maxed out within original specs in my possession for the time being makes me glad I never threw the cash into one back when I was a young pup. Cool factor for vintage computers 10/10, fun factor 4/10.

But if any old TI-99/4A users know any great games, maybe I overlooked something?

didnt have that system but im familiar with the era. to make it easier recommending some stuff, what games do you currently have for it??

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
didnt have that system but im familiar with the era. to make it easier recommending some stuff, what games do you currently have for it??

Everything, lol. I have an eeprom burner, I can download whatever for every 8 bit and most 16bit systems.
I know my 1st/2nd gen games, just not digging the TI-99/4A so much. Coleco had nearly everything a TI-99/4A had, VCS(2600), and Intellivision, but they were the closes arcade to home ports(using the term port correctly here, as they were not cross-platform to begin with).

So really, just looking for people who had a TI-99/4A who might be able to defend it a bit, maybe name some titles that make owning a TI-99 worthwhile. Finding great games that just happen to be on the TI-99 is not what I'm really looking for if you know what I mean.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just started on the new Assassin's Creed Origins last night...

They changed up the controls and combat feels similar to Shadow of Mordor....

I will give them benefit of the doubt, but 30 mins into the game it feels like a button masher.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just started on the new Assassin's Creed Origins last night...

They changed up the controls and combat feels similar to Shadow of Mordor....

I will give them benefit of the doubt, but 30 mins into the game it feels like a button masher.

Ughhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. say it isn't so

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ughhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. say it isn't so

Thus far... attack is now RB and block is LB.... And when you enter combat you have to click right stick to target any one enemy which seems to be a step back compared to previous games where the system just kinda targeted the enemies for you based on proximity and your attack direction.

X (square I think for PS)... is now the dodge button and used to be attack button, so im often dodging when I intend to attack.

Ranged is now just bow (compared to guns in last two titles).... so you just LT/RT which is fine.

Stealth assassinations and object interactions are now Y (triangle for PS)... when it used to be X (square).

Similar to Shadow of Mordor.... you have an adrenaline meter and when it fills you can do a super attack.... so much of the fighting is button mash RB, dodge dodge doge, button mash RB, super attack, button mash x 100000000.

Old AC combat felt like 90% timing/countering and 10% attack mashing.... feels like the opposite.

Stealth and cover and climbing all seem to work the same.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thus far... attack is now RB and block is LB.... And when you enter combat you have to click right stick to target any one enemy which seems to be a step back compared to previous games where the system just kinda targeted the enemies for you based on proximity and your attack direction.

X (square I think for PS)... is now the dodge button and used to be attack button, so im often dodging when I intend to attack.

Ranged is now just bow (compared to guns in last two titles).... so you just LT/RT which is fine.

Stealth assassinations and object interactions are now Y (triangle for PS)... when it used to be X (square).

Similar to Shadow of Mordor.... you have an adrenaline meter and when it fills you can do a super attack.... so much of the fighting is button mash RB, dodge dodge doge, button mash RB, super attack, button mash x 100000000.

Old AC combat felt like 90% timing/countering and 10% attack mashing.... feels like the opposite.

Stealth and cover and climbing all seem to work the same.

Not a fan of mashing