What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How's the new Madden? Same old, same old, I assume? I haven't played it in years.

the part of the game that is somewhat interesting is the longshot story......other than that it is Madden

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How's the new Madden? Same old, same old, I assume? I haven't played it in years.

I stopped playing when it went all arcade and MUT teams. I mean, MUT is alright once in a while, but they invest too much in it. Then, the last time I played, the dude had like 2 Deion Sanders and 2 Rod Woodsons, etc. He was playing Tony Gonzalez at all 3 TE spots. That shit's weak.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm almost done with Battefield Hardline. It was meh. I mean, pretty fun, especially early, but it's pretty ridiculous how these guys dodge bullets by doing a fucking shimmy. That, and the CPU partner AI is Special person. They don't do anything but get in the way. I wouldn't mind them actually taking out a guy or 2 as I take down the other 6 with limited cover. I'm already getting lit up, and they'll run into me and push me into the line of fire. It's maddening.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
About to play Destiny 2 this weekend. Don't think I will play it as much as the original as it doesn't seem like they made any improvements. Feels less like a new game and more like an overpriced expansion.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
About to play Destiny 2 this weekend. Don't think I will play it as much as the original as it doesn't seem like they made any improvements. Feels less like a new game and more like an overpriced expansion.

I bought the PS4 Destiny 2 bundle simply for the white PS4 Pro. Wasn't a big fan of the first destiny (which I coincidentally got with my original PS4), so I sold this one for $80 on ebay. Came with the expansion pass and deluxe digital content.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Played a bit of Destiny 2 at my friend's place yesterday. Feels basically like the same game. I wouldn't pay full price for it based on my experience. The game is more fun when you play with friends though, and I do have several who have the game already. My friend works part time at Gamestop and can get me a pretty good deal on the deluxe version so if I do get it, that will be why.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i played the destiny 2 beta, the story missions and raid(whatever theyre called in destiny) were fun enough but i could see it getting boring. and p v p was dull as can be aand really isnt my thing.

i just dont think its my type of game. im more of a single player game type of guy. i.e. a fuckin loner.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
i played the destiny 2 beta, the story missions and raid(whatever theyre called in destiny) were fun enough but i could see it getting boring. and p v p was dull as can be aand really isnt my thing.

i just dont think its my type of game. im more of a single player game type of guy. i.e. a fuckin loner.

Same here. Fun to play multiplayer once in a while, but I get games to play the story.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I'm looking forward to Destiny 2. Picking it up on PC, have the first Destiny on PS4 but I just can't play FPS games with a controller, I made it through the tutorial but stopped at that point.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I been playing Starcraft 2: Left 2 Die.... it is basically RTS horde mode, something that is surprisingly scarce.

There are a decent number of tower defense games/mods, but not a ton of well done RTS horde modes.

I keep getting rekt... it is extremely challenging.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fortnite battle royal launched on the PTR yesterday. Fans of the ARMA 3/H1Z1/PUBG games might find this enjoyable. I'll check it out most likely.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Played a bit of Destiny 2 at my friend's place yesterday. Feels basically like the same game. I wouldn't pay full price for it based on my experience. The game is more fun when you play with friends though, and I do have several who have the game already. My friend works part time at Gamestop and can get me a pretty good deal on the deluxe version so if I do get it, that will be why.

Yeah I basically can't play the game unless I'm playing with friends. Even the solo story mission I usually only play with friends. The game basically has no plot so there is nothing there to keep you interested if you aren't playing with other people. However, I will say working out the raids and stuff with friends is pretty enjoyable. That's the only reason I even got this game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have never once understood the story in Destiny lol

Big sphere came to Earth and advanced human society. Bad Aliens came looking for big sphere and started to fuck shit up. Humans responded.

That is basically the entire plot of the game and it doesn't go much further than that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I basically can't play the game unless I'm playing with friends. Even the solo story mission I usually only play with friends. The game basically has no plot so there is nothing there to keep you interested if you aren't playing with other people. However, I will say working out the raids and stuff with friends is pretty enjoyable. That's the only reason I even got this game.
Yeah I basically play this game only because my friends play it. They make it fun. Playing this game solo is far less appealing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ultimate General: Civil War.... it has a few oddities they need to work on, but it is hands down the best American Civil War game I have ever played.

I will warn, you have to do a fair bit of micro-management outside of battles, but it is built in a way where the learning curve is almost nonexistent and getting to customize your Corps, Division, Brigades is fun.... you can choose their weapons, officer in command, and you decide how to replenish units after battles.... pay for veteran replenishment or live with rookie replenishment? Should your skirmisher unit be carbine-carrying, short-range? Or should they be sharpshooters with long range weapons?

After a battle your forces will have of recovered casualty weapons and also captured some enemy weapons which go into your armory and you can buy/sell from/to your armory.

If you like RTS battles with a mix of micro-management outside of battles, this game does all of that quite well.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Shadow of the Beast.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look who I found in my officer pool:

c0Gb8Tz.png

I am sure he will show a cool head and not do anything rash.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look who I found in my officer pool:

c0Gb8Tz.png

I am sure he will show a cool head and not do anything rash.
LEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKINNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!

:kermit:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
oh, yeah, the final boss fight was as anticlimactic as you can get. but i was actually kind of relieved because i had had enough and just wanted to be done with the game. im not sure im going to even bother with the dlc.

I enjoyed the Shadow of Mordor gameplay, but I couldn't get through the DLC. Just "more of the same," and I've never been into the LOTR lore enough for that alone to hold me. I'll probably wait for Shadow of War to go on sale before picking it up.