What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I enjoyed the Shadow of Mordor gameplay, but I couldn't get through the DLC. Just "more of the same," and I've never been into the LOTR lore enough for that alone to hold me. I'll probably wait for Shadow of War to go on sale before picking it up.

yeah, im with you. it was an alright game but i couldnt bother with the dlc either. as ive mentioned earlier in this thread, if you like that style of game give mad max and arkham knight a try if you havent. they are the same style of game but much better imo.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Back in the grind of Destiny as beat the raid a few times last week. I don't know why I play this game so much as the plot is practically non-existent but over half my friends list on Xbox is from people I played Destiny 1 with so I guess it's a means to catch up with other losers like me.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thinking about getting Divinity: Original Sin 1 or 2. It's turn based RPG. Anybody playing this? Reviews for both games are very positive.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Thinking about getting Divinity: Original Sin 1 or 2. It's turn based RPG. Anybody playing this? Reviews for both games are very positive.

i played both the original divine divinity from like 2000 and the first original sin. the original game from 2000 was cool because it was like a hybrid of crpg and diabloesk arpg with diablo combat but a structure and quest system like traditional rpgs. original sin didnt impress me as much as it seemed to impress others. i missed the grim dark vibe of the earlier game and while the combat could be fun the game quickly loses pretty much all aspects of RPing and devolves into and endless slog of drawn out battles. i heard this might have been because the game ran out of budget and was rushed and maybe thats true because the first portion of the game is almost all RPing and no combat and then it completely flips.

im interested in knowing if the second is more of the same or if its more balanced. from the reviews is sounds like the latter. but the first game got great reviews too, so idk...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit upset no one appreciated my Leroy Jenkins share.... I may have to gif him going full Leroy on some Confederates.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Wife got me Cuphead

Love it. ;)

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Wife got me Cuphead

Love it. ;)

ive been following that game and just realized it was finally released. shmups arent really my thing but i dig this games style.

anyway, im playing dragons crown. its pretty much what i was hoping the devs previous game odin sphere was going to be. a legit side scrolling rpg but it was more a repetitive beat em up with tedious rpg elements. this game has design elements that can be tedious(to me) designed with grinding and replaying through it on multiple difficulties in mind, but the core gameplay mechanics themselves are enjoyable and i can simply move on once ive had my fill after a single play through.

i also just found out that they made a game before odin sphere that also seems to be what i was looking for so ill have to give that a try.

AussieBear

im playing a game i made called brick'd..

basically a breakout knockoff.. this is version 3.. first time i made it back in da day, it looked bad and the ball was getting way too fast.. second version, improved the graphics a tad, but the ball kept fucking me..

v3.. ive adjusted the ball to a constant speed.. took off pink floyds another brink in the wall 1-3 track for legal concerns... thats if i want to do a v4-6 etc and take it to da marketplace. replaced the track with some annoying loop off the interwebs with creative commons license.. doubt i make any music..

its only like a 8 level tech demo, but i cant beat it.. i haven't added extra lives.. so you only get one run atm.. the shit pisses me off.. v4 will be extra lives.. maybe more polish in v5 or just touchscreen able for mobile.. v6 probably power ups and shit.. idk.. itll be the quickest game i can put out to market...

here be a screenshot..

1wy9ti.jpg

the game windowed is only 800X600 so the red and blank shit aint be part of the game window.. dat be the programs i makes it in going to play mode..

free to play? ad money.. 99cent for an ad free 50-100 lvl mobile version... 1.49 on steam eh

developed by ROO Studios..

next game idk.. maybe another atari classic.. easy or simple enough for a solo dev team to try i guess..

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing Total War: Warhammer II... fun thus far.... different enough to be its own game.

New factions, new units, new concepts, new campaign, etc.

Doing Warhammer in Total War was a smart decision, they have done a good job with the series and have games that are interesting/different from their normal historical period concepts.

I am surprised how well they have added so many new features.... flying units, magic, powers, monsters, etc.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
ive been following that game and just realized it was finally released. shmups arent really my thing but i dig this games style.

It's a single screen shooter because of the animation style. Very different, and I'm with you there. Not a big shump fan outside of a very small select few(okay, just one. Jackal for NES is in my all time top 10). Plus there are a lot of normal platformer/RnG levels.

But one thing is for sure, either this game is super easy, making it not worth the $20-30 or it's super hard. I 200%'ed the game this morning and honestly maybe put in 90 minutes of gameplay. So I'm on the side that it's just waaay too short of a game. Understandably because of the ambitious hand drawn style, but I kind of wish there was another map and maybe 4 more levels to make 90 minutes worth the $25. Otherwise just watch a let's play of this one.

The good news though, it ran perfectly in wine-staging on an eight year old netbook for the small amount of other linux users or low-end machine gamers.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Witcher 3.

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Make sure you play alot of Gwent.... Gwent is awesome.

Lol they wound up building Gwent into its own game, was in Beta last I looked.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
WOW... the sound track for Shadow of War is going to be so fucking epic. Watched a short 10 minute clip and was blown away.

[video=youtube;o3VZAJf736k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3VZAJf736k[/video]

Also, anyone know who is doing that Zombie cover originally by Cranberries in the TV promo?

AussieBear

took a mental break.. so i could regroup and restrategize me plans. in this time i started fallout 4 finally.. meh.. still like the concept of the game but idk.. i just dont seem to like fallout 4 that much.. maybe those hundreds of hours playing the prior fallouts is coming back to bite my interest in this game..

Mitchapalooza

Currently downloading the new South Park game, the first one was fun. Hoping this new one will be just as good.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Currently downloading the new South Park game, the first one was fun. Hoping this new one will be just as good.

Oh man, Stick of truth was awesome. Despite being very linear. Thanks for the heads up.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know of some good RTS games for the PS4 I am thinking like star craft, C&C style games. I am looking for something that has a decent one player mode.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk why, but I was back to playing Stellaris over the weekend.

I just get the itch to play strategy/RTS/4X games at times