What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been playing Borderlands 2 with some friends recently. I find the game to be a lot more fun with 3 other guys beside you.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ghouls n Ghosts on my new x68k :)

I will beat this game! lol

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Left 4 Dead 2.... and I am going to force Clone to join me.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been playing Borderlands 2 with some friends recently. I find the game to be a lot more fun with 3 other guys beside you.
Beat the game on normal mode with this group. One of the guys never had time to play we a couple of us made new characters and are going through the normal game again with him. Also doing Vault Hunter mode with our original guys.

I'm digging the mecromancer class and kind of wish I chose that as my first character's class

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I just started SimCity (2013 version) over the weekend. This is my first time playing the series, and I couldn't figure out how to do shit, so I quit after 30 minutes. I guess I can read the online manual, but who has time for that?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Destiny and NBA 2K15 for the PS4. Prepping for the GTA V re-release on PS4 (put over 950 hours online for PS3) and The Crew.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Played Left For Dead 2 with Ares this weekend...my goodness I suck at FPS games lol.

As I say that, I've been playing the heck out of Borderlands 2 with my buddies. I'm much better at that game.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone seen the new Alienware console PC thing coming out? Looks dope. Probably be cheaper to build a gaming PC but whatevs

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just no to Alienware.

Its just dell crapware.

But beyond that, its not like they are manufacturing hardware. They are buying the same shit that is available to an end user. And they don't really pass on any volume discount they might get. And they charge you more for assembly and tuning. And usually, they hardware they use is not the best. Or at least not optimal for your needs.

In short, buying a pre-made PC is a scam, pretty much no matter who the vendor is.

Nowadays, building a PC is almost completely plug and play. The hardest part is picking out the components. The actual assembly is like legos.

And because these companies don't actually manufacture any of the hardware, there is no real advantage to buying from a 3rd party. It might be a whole different story if Nvidia and Intel teamed up to start selling computers, but that just isn't the case.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For 1200 bucks I built a PC that had the best consumer level hardware you could get at the time. I've had my rig for more than a year and never turned a setting down in a game and never come close to overheating my shit. I haven't had to OC and I haven't had to spend extensive time tuning since the the first couple days after I set it up. And when I built my shit, I had to learn everything then, for the first time. I probably only spent 4-6 hours learning about and picking out the components. And then another hour or two putting it together when the shit arrived. Maybe another 1-2 hours installing shit.

The hardest part was not fucking up the thermal paste. Tho I think I put too much on. And if I ever start getting close to temp thresholds, I will probably go back and re-apply it.

And now I love my computer cause I know every component in it and picked each one out myself and know exactly how I could upgrade it if I ever need too.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Played Left For Dead 2 with Ares this weekend...my goodness I suck at FPS games lol.

As I say that, I've been playing the heck out of Borderlands 2 with my buddies. I'm much better at that game.

9% accuracy.... :smh:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never claimed proficiency!

spray_and_pray_boys-88972.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone else play L4D2? Clone keeps throwing boomer bile at me and then locks himself in a closet.... the game is challenging to say the least.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone else play L4D2? Clone keeps throwing boomer bile at me and then locks himself in a closet.... the game is challenging to say the least.
I CAN'T HANDLE THE HECTICNESS