What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing this game called PlanetBase.... I've spent like 10-12 hours just on my first base which is a pretty barebones play thru on a Mars-like planet.

The game is pretty simple, but somehow feels very engaging and I haven't even moved on to playing on harder scenarios with bigger issues to tackle.

I like it because I can play it while watching stuff.... you need to be mindful, but it does not require your attention every second.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
finally finished persona 5. took like 130 hours. usually games lose me long before that point but this game never felt like filler and was well paced. until the final stretch. like many games it devolved into a slog, a tedious gauntlet of enemies and mini bosses before finally reaching the end boss. by that point i got bored and had had enough.

i really dont know why devs think this is good design and take this approach to end game 99% of the time.

i got hitman free months ago when i bought my 1080 and it included all future episodes so ive been trying to get into it, but im just not digging it.

AussieBear

finally tried to play a game.......be called papers, please... but got bored quick..hate thinking sumtimes. in a mood for button mashing.. dont wanna think much..

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
You should give Papers, please a shot. The story takes some interesting turns, and I ended up really enjoying it. Yes, the game looks like it was made on a Commodore 64, but I loved it. But you're right, if you want a button masher then this won't fit the bill.

AussieBear

You should give Papers, please a shot. The story takes some interesting turns, and I ended up really enjoying it. Yes, the game looks like it was made on a Commodore 64, but I loved it. But you're right, if you want a button masher then this won't fit the bill.

i dont care about graphics if the game is good.. i havent written the game off completely.. just not in the mood to think.. when i want to think more down the road, ill pick it back up..

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Upgraded the PC and am FINALLY on a Cable connection.

150 meg feels so much prettier than 5 meg DSL!!!

So playing CS:go and some CS:S

Still way more used to CS:S

CS:go thus far feels like it was rather dumbed down and not as snappy as CS:S of course I am still playing casual until I can get comfortable with the settings.

AussieBear

Upgraded the PC and am FINALLY on a Cable connection.

150 meg feels so much prettier than 5 meg DSL!!!

So playing CS:go and some CS:S

Still way more used to CS:S

CS:go thus far feels like it was rather dumbed down and not as snappy as CS:S of course I am still playing casual until I can get comfortable with the settings.

dey do play different.. i remember coming across a cs:s mod for cs:go..its not exact but good.. i never want to commit the time to being competitive.. but casual if fun sometimes if you catch the right server and dat right time of day.. i rarely play much anymore though.. every month or two ill manage to get back on for a few hrs but thats about it.. still enjoy it.. only thing that bores me are the amount of cheaters that come and go.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been playing GTA 5 on Xbox One. It's been a few years since I played it on 360, not too much different but there are some nice add-ons.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
dey do play different.. i remember coming across a cs:s mod for cs:go..its not exact but good.. i never want to commit the time to being competitive.. but casual if fun sometimes if you catch the right server and dat right time of day.. i rarely play much anymore though.. every month or two ill manage to get back on for a few hrs but thats about it.. still enjoy it.. only thing that bores me are the amount of cheaters that come and go.

Yes, CS:S has plenty of cheaters. It is something you learn to live with. In fact, if they are just wall hacking it is fun to still be able to kick their ass. They usually do not stick around too long if they are cheating and losing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been playing AC: Origins and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided here and there. Digging both thus far, but am probably like 3% into both lol

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I been back on 7D2D but in general been too busy with work to game much.

I built myself a mine in 7D2D.... dug a hole into the side of a mountain/hill and then surrounded it with concrete walls and a double thick concrete roof that covers the mine shaft. Surrounded the whole thing with spike traps and barbed wire.

Idk why but building stuff from scratch like that gives such a sense of accomplishment lol

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I built myself a mine in 7D2D.... dug a hole into the side of a mountain/hill and then surrounded it with concrete walls and a double thick concrete roof that covers the mine shaft. Surrounded the whole thing with spike traps and barbed wire.

Idk why but building stuff from scratch like that gives such a sense of accomplishment lol

So is this basically an add on to Minecraft? I never understood mine craft.

OT: played some more go. The casual CS:GO is pretty easy to whip. Need to get into the competitive stuff

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

OT: played some more go. The casual CS:GO is pretty easy to whip. Need to get into the competitive stuff
Different game built off a similar concept I guess. It's basically a game in which you gather resources and build a lotta stuff to survive the zombie apocalypse. Minecraft is similar except there's more blocky graphics and no zombie apocalypse.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Similar resource/building system.... entirely different game built by an entirely different team.

As Clone said it isn't shit graphics either.

AussieBear

dats the bait for sure.. its why i put so much time in minecraft, 7d2d etc.. the creative aspect.. its the reason the long dark lost me.. no creative freedom..

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I finished Mass Effect: Andromeda this weekend, and it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Granted, I bought it at a discount and experienced a completely patched version, but doom unto early adopters and those pre-order--you're just asking to get screwed. Ultimately, it was sort of an inverse of Mass Effect 1, but instead of un-compelling combat and a great story we got great combat and an un-compelling story.

My biggest criticism is that there's no real compelling jumping off point for a sequel. In ME 1 the Reapers were still a Lovecraftian mystery at the end of the game, so there was fertile ground for more story there. Nothing about the Kett or the Jardaan leaves me wanting more; one is a violently expansionist empire and the other are just aliens with really good terraforming tech. I guess the Scourge is still mostly unexplained, even though we know it's essentially a weapon gone wrong.

Best part of the story to me was the "benefactor" sub plot and discovering that the Initiative was ultimately co-opted by the Illusive Man (they never reveal this specifically, but it's obvious) in case the cycle succeeds in the Milky Way. Listening to the initial recordings of the Reaper invasion in Alec Ryder's encrypted logs was eerie. At that moment you realize that no matter how you ended ME:3, the Initiative might, after 600 years, be all that's left of the Milky Way races. The writers made a mistake by not incorporating that into the main story. That really should've been the "big reveal" and become the main plot line IMO, and not the Kett/Jardaan/Angara stuff.