What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
GTA5 didn't pull me in at all. I was bummed cause so many people clearly love that game, but idk, it just didn't compel me in any way and I lost interest real quickly.

its fun, but it lacks the magic of the previous games imo. its just missing that gta atmosphere somehow. and its really just more of the same otherwise and thats ironic since they have a webpage in game mocking cod for being the same game released over and over. lol granted gtas are huge games and a lot more work goes into them. anyway, the missions dont seem to be as fun and the characters and writing in general doesnt seem to be as good either. theyve always been good at satirizing pop culture and its still there and can be damn funny but there seems to be a much larger emphasis on social commentary and politics and it just comes across as forced and heavy handed imo, its trite and often just down right stupid.

but like i said, the games still fun, just probably not as good as previous entrees. GTA4s world felt more alive and was more impressive(which might of simply been due to the novelty of it due to the jump from previous gens) and theyll probably never recapture the magic of vice city which was the best in the series as far as im concerned.

AussieBear

gta 5 has been my fav... i actually followed the story line for a change and didnt stray too much... perhaps having 3 protagonists kept my attention...

still on bf 1... hovering around 150 hrs...i had to move on to custom hardcore games though... friendly fire... no map markers... no special classes, higher bullet damage... etc etc

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
its fun, but it lacks the magic of the previous games imo. its just missing that gta atmosphere somehow. and its really just more of the same otherwise and thats ironic since they have a webpage in game mocking cod for being the same game released over and over. lol granted gtas are huge games and a lot more work goes into them. anyway, the missions dont seem to be as fun and the characters and writing in general doesnt seem to be as good either. theyve always been good at satirizing pop culture and its still there and can be damn funny but there seems to be a much larger emphasis on social commentary and politics and it just comes across as forced and heavy handed imo, its trite and often just down right stupid.

but like i said, the games still fun, just probably not as good as previous entrees. GTA4s world felt more alive and was more impressive(which might of simply been due to the novelty of it due to the jump from previous gens) and theyll probably never recapture the magic of vice city which was the best in the series as far as im concerned.

You're one of the few people I have read that likes GTA IV better than V. Personally, I prefer Vice City and San Andreas. Five is just this overkill emphasis of cultural Californiaism we see in everything that acts like normal America when it's becoming less and less relatable to the majority of earthlings. San Andreas was set in fictional California, but it was more relatable.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Titanfall 2. Anyone play this? My friend says I should get it cause it kicks COD ass. Anyone think the same? Best Buy has a deal that if you buy two video games, you get a third one free.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Titanfall 2. Anyone play this? My friend says I should get it cause it kicks COD ass. Anyone think the same? Best Buy has a deal that if you buy two video games, you get a third one free.
I have a friend who plays it and he likes it a lot. Intriguing Best Buy deal...sorta makes me wanna try it out.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
started playing GTA IV again. im actually enjoying it more than ive ever have, although the controls are horrific and not all that responsive. anyway ive finally beat that mission where you got to save Roman from the warehouse.

i flew a heli to the top of the building and jumped from the roof to the top floor that Roman was on and used the sniper to kill the guy holding him hostage and i was done like that...much better than going through every floor.

finally got Playboy X's pad aswell

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Museum Piece (GTA IV Mission) was hard as fuck.

i cleared the museum with relative ease but once i got outside it became more difficult. you gotta fight both the cops and enemies. i ended up just rocket launching the crew of guys and blew up my own car.

then there was a enemy AI that was still in the museum, so i had to go back in and fight off tons of cops on my way in and out and then i had to run through the park to get to the street to get a car.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
What Are You Playing Right Now?

LMAO am I seriously the only person on this board playing Final Fantasy XV?!? It has its flaws but damn its very fuckin good too. Lots of Witcher 3 fans on here are certain to get enjoyment out of FFXV. I'm definitely biased towards Final Fantasy so I personally like it more than W3. The world is awesome! Just surprised no one else is playing it...

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO am I seriously the only person on this board playing Final Fantasy XV?!? It has its flaws but damn its very fuckin good too. Lots of Witcher 3 fans on here are certain to get enjoyment out of FFXV. I'm definitely biased towards Final Fantasy so I personally like it more than W3. The world is awesome! Just surprised no one else is playing it...

I'm a fan of the franchise. I haven't picked it up yet due to low funding. It's good to hear it will be worth it when I do though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AussieBear

finally had enough of bf1.. skills have peaked too.. im done for awhile..

played and beat broforce... fun mindless game

think im gonna play some castlevania lord of shadows or be like axl and go back an play gta iv... played it on ps3 but not the pc version which i got out of a bargain bin for 5 bucks.. yeah maybe time to check out those mods

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I picked up Rocket League on Steam sale a couple weeks ago.
I'm digging the hell out of it. Wish I had gotten it sooner.
Hats for cars!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I just finished Ratchet and Clank on the PS4. Pretty good game although it's pretty short. I just picked up Digimon Cyber Sleuth for the PS4 since it's getting hard to find. It's a pretty decent game so far

AussieBear

got some more shat during the steam winter sale with the yearly xmas steam gift card.. one of the games being out of the park baseball 17... its a baseball manager/gm game.. its pretty in depth and theres is a learning curve if you want to just play.. i didnt realize what i was getting myself into... they are mlb official now.. so you can start before last years cub run (international leagues apply as well), go fantasy or go back in time....historical data....their major league and minor league seasons date back to 1871...

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

I've been playing for a week and I think it's awesome. Mind you, I haven't played a Call of Duty since MW2 and it has only been a week so I dunno how long it will be fresh for. It does blow COD out of the water though.

The campaign is excellent, one mission in particular is fucking nuts.

Also, all the DLC Maps are going to be free, which is great because it keeps the community together. Great game, so far.

EDIT: It's on sale for half off on PSN Flash sale, I'm pretty sure there is also a sale for it on XBL.

AussieBear

i forgot about rpg maker and came across it on steam.. gonna mess around with it and take another baby step towards producing small scale shitty games.. perhaps my shitty beginner scripting, basic modelling, and basic audio/muzak skills will come in handy for 1-5 games on this platform... a step is a step..heres to an aussie rpg world..

hmm..

guess i need a story to build this around..

well shit... its not a good day to be a reformed pot smoker.. send weed plz

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I bought 7 Days to Die 2-pack on Steam Winter sale for me and clone... I had been wanting to try it out.

Also picked up the Witcher 3 DLC stuff on discount, Heart of Stone and the other one.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beyond Sol was and I think still is on sale for $2.50 Its a pretty casual space strategy sim where you build up a city and control territory on procedural generated maps with many AI. Friends can jump in at any time and start their own cities or just run around doing missions to gain rep and money with the AI factions in the game. As you level your command ship and level the systems and weapons for it, those go with you to your next games as they are bound to your profile. Also any money you have is also profile bound so starting on maps with harder difficulties is easier.

This game has already provided me with a good 25 hours of fun. I can see its ultimate limitations but the combat is fun and for the price you can't beat it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Beyond Sol was and I think still is on sale for $2.50 Its a pretty casual space strategy sim where you build up a city and control territory on procedural generated maps with many AI. Friends can jump in at any time and start their own cities or just run around doing missions to gain rep and money with the AI factions in the game. As you level your command ship and level the systems and weapons for it, those go with you to your next games as they are bound to your profile. Also any money you have is also profile bound so starting on maps with harder difficulties is easier.

This game has already provided me with a good 25 hours of fun. I can see its ultimate limitations but the combat is fun and for the price you can't beat it.

You should check out Stellaris, I am betting it is on Steam Winter sale.... first playthrough is a natural clusterfuck as you figure out the game and deal with the learning curve..... it took me a few hours to grasp all the components and how they fit together, it has provided me with probably hundreds of hours of entertainment and they continue to add on to it as they go.

Highly recommend.