What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
playing my own game.. some bs text adventure in the mold of zork... i could edit it and call it... chicitysports the game...

I think you should build a tower defense game where the waves of enemies are various Aussie enemies.... Feminazis, Kangaroos, Kangaroo-nazis, Kangaroo-feminazis, Plant-stealing Kangaroos.... the possibilities are endless

AussieBear

I think you should build a tower defense game where the waves of enemies are various Aussie enemies.... Feminazis, Kangaroos, Kangaroo-nazis, Kangaroo-feminazis, Plant-stealing Kangaroos.... the possibilities are endless

im getting there.. just progressing through different stages.... i just finished a state engine build.. testing is ongoing then im moving on to some ui shat... breakthrough/galaga clones follow..but after that, the plant vs zombie tower defense clone will come into play..

i may stop after i learn how to program saves and actually try to make a better txt game before moving on.. the shit i got now was more about learning the mechanics etc.. the story/complexity is lacking for sure.. if i can come up with a solid story i may try and push out a 1-2 dollar game for steam.. shouldnt take long in theory.... since i wouldnt have to make many assets...... the feminazi will get their day of aussie game deathzzzz.. beat em wiff dildos

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Was watching some videos of people playing Resident Evil 7 with VR. That shit looks pretty damn good in VR. I believe the game is releasing next week.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Obsidian teasing Pillars of Eternity 2. Not that it was much of a surprise.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Obsidian teasing Pillars of Eternity 2. Not that it was much of a surprise.

i liked the first one for the most part, but not enough to get excited about a sequel. the only thing im really interested in from obsidian is if bethesda gives them another shot to do a fallout.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Was watching some videos of people playing Resident Evil 7 with VR. That shit looks pretty damn good in VR. I believe the game is releasing next week.

I played the demo in VR at a buddy's place over the weekend. It was really cool but being able to circle your body around to change perspective is fuckin weird at first, especially with alcohol involved.

It was really cool but the resolution isn't as good as it needs to be.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I got Resident Evil 7 the day it came out and finished it today. It's a good game but it is short

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;ln_plWALAoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_plWALAoI[/video]

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
started me3 and i have to admit im not feeling it. something just seems to be off. it doesnt help that it starts as a weak tps with a bunch of imo shitty cut scenes with poor writing, but its something else. it also seems like all the things that i disliked about 2 compared to the original have been amplified. but well see. im not too concerned about the ending though, thats not going to ruin a game for me. i cant imagine how shitty an ending would have to be to ruin a game i liked otherwise.

anyway, my guess as to what the ending would be was that the reapers simply win. but that doesnt seem possible considering andromeda. but i would have been fine with that ending, it would make sense. the reapers have wiped out all life every 50000 years, why would this random asshole be able to stop them? but like every time it had happened there was likely an effort to put up a fight, and this was simply the story of some of those people this time around.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ah, but there is a "reapers win" ending, if you shoot Starchild instead of making the control/destroy/synthesis choice. Then, in a later cycle, the Reapers are stopped by a future species building on the work done with the crucible that they learned about from Liara's time capsule:

[video=youtube;WFwsL-bj4Mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFwsL-bj4Mo[/video]

Might want to spoiler this lol hes playing thru it the 1st time

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's the statute of limitations on pc game spoilers?

I think it has passed under most circumstances lol but since we know he is playing thru it for the first time.

Would be like if someone told you they were watching GoT for the first time and you replied "Oh man let me know what you think in the Season 1 finale when Ned dies".... I mean 5 years later we are past any real statute of limitations, but knowingly playing spoiler is kinda mean.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Playing Nioh on PS4, Dark Souls meets Ninja Gaiden with a dash of Onimusha... Yes please.

Love it so far about 4 hours in, playing on PSPro so it runs at 60fps. The combat is unparalleled for a "soulslike."

I hear its about 70 hours long which is nuts especially with Horizon and the new Zelda coming at the end of the month/beginning of next.

Soooo many damn games!

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
finished me3 a while ago. was it great? no. but it wasnt terrible. the writing was shit at times, but also pretty good at times, especially when dealing with characters from throughout the series, and the gameplay went even further to pretty much just boiled everything down to a linear third person shooter. so, sure... the series got progressively worse with each game but it was pretty much what should have been expected having played the second. and as for the ending... yeah, it was pretty stupid, but i never found the story to be great to begin with, so...whatever.

i also played far cry 3 recently, and it was pretty good. a little repetitive at times and the story wasnt as good as some people made out. but it was fun. fun enough that i gave blood dragon a try and while i dug the 80s style, i could only take an hour or so of the game since i simply wasnt in the mood for more far cry 3.

now im playing fallout 4. and like me3 i really dont know what people were expecting. knowing bethesda and having played their recent games its exactly what i thought it would be. a typical modern bethesda game. meaning theres a lot to complain about, like the fact that its a large soulless world that feels copy paste most of the time, and often feels like a hiking simulator with the occasional shit writing. and the reaosn it feels that way is because thats pretty much what it is. thats bethesdas approach too game design now... using a tool set and common assets to create a large world as efficiently as possible. i didnt know that until recently but thats make perfect sense since i described skyrim as just that... a small game world repeated it over and over in order to create a larger one. but like skyrim, theres something addicting about fo4 it despite all its flaws. in the end, while im still annoyed about what bethesda has done to fallout, because it certainty is not fallout in anything much other than name, and is really just an open world fps with rpg elements, its not a terrible game. as stated its just your typical bethesda fare, for better and worse and while i can see why some people loath that, personally i can still have fun with it. though i think bethesda could benefit immensely by instead of placing the focus on how large the world is, instead create a smaller more detailed world that is handcrafted and alive.

edit: have spent a bit more time with f04 now and i have to say im really fucking digging it. sure its not fallout and that sucks, but taken on its own its a damn fun game. probably the best modern bethesda game so far since these games are about exploration and just wondering the world and when it comes to that fo4 offers by far the most enjoyable world to do so in. since its a wasteland the fact that bethesdas worlds are empty and lifeless doesnt really hurt it, and the world itself is allowed to shine. plus the gamer being subjected to less bethesda writing is probably for the better. and while i dont care for the settlement building and will not bother with it i actually dig the weapon and armor modding since it actually makes every piece of junk you can scavenge worthwhile, therefore making exploring and looting worthwhile. is it a great rpg or even a good fallout? nope. hell, outside of the name and a few superficial references its not fallout at all really, take those away and it could be any game set in a post-apocalyptic setting. and i get why that pisses off fallout fans, myself included. they bought the rights to a great franchise and have done little with it that they couldnt have done without it(other than cash in on the name). they also could have learned a hell of a lot from obsidian and what they did with new vegas, but instead went with what they know. but i dont really know why people were expecting anything else from bethesda anyway. from some of the reviews i was worried it might be shit even compared to bethesda standards, but its not any less of a rpg than what bethesda has been pumping out for years, and its simply the bethesda formula just done better imo.

when it comes to simply being a sandbox for the player to explore its far better than skyrim. the world doesnt feel nearly as copy paste, and usually while i enjoy a sense of exploration, i like to feel like im progressing and accomplishing something but that wasnt the case with skyrim, i felt like i was always just treading water and going through the motions, wondering aimlessly until the next repetitive dungeon. thats not the case with fo4, exploration is the game and it works this time around, at least for me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Playing Nioh on PS4, Dark Souls meets Ninja Gaiden with a dash of Onimusha... Yes please.

Love it so far about 4 hours in, playing on PSPro so it runs at 60fps. The combat is unparalleled for a "soulslike."

I hear its about 70 hours long which is nuts especially with Horizon and the new Zelda coming at the end of the month/beginning of next.

Soooo many damn games!

I almost got a PS4 just to play this but with Andromeda coming up soon, I elected to wait. Will probably get a PS4 just for this game in the summer after I kill Andromeda.

AussieBear

added some game time back in the mix for some sanity.. played the old cs but finally just got into cs go... wrecking 9-14 year olds makes me feel old...

im so-so at the game (great vs the havent hit puberty crowd).. i play casually, so games suck the majority of times.. every once and awhile they turn into decent games when it fills with vets.. i just dont want to commit to the time ranked requires..

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Sniper Elite 4. I love this series and the latest installment in particular. Finished the campaign and have been playing a lot of multiplayer. In multiplayer, everyone's a sniper, so it requires a lot of patience and communication. I love the slow pace in comparison to COD, BF, etc.

AussieBear

finally hit the cs go wall.. bored.. started on doom finally .. just wanna beat it so i can get it off the hhd

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
hit a wall in fallout 4. despite it being better than i expected the cut and paste nature eventually took its toll. every mission boiling down to go here and kill this got old. quests and locations eventually became way to repetitive.

debating on what i should try next. got a ps3 for free so im kind of looking forward to trying out persona 5 in the next couple of weeks.

AussieBear

doom single player wasnt bad.. it got repetative though.. i swear i kept fighting the same fights on different levels... glad i beat it.. erased the 60+ gigs off the hdd.. that bothered the shit out of me...

played some out of the park baseball 17 finally.. won a title now off to cities skyline for a bit i think..