What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elite Dangerous with an Oculus Rift DK2 Is where I've been lost for the past 3 weeks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just went back and restarted Tomb Raider. Instead of going back for all the collectibles after I was done, I'll just use the walkthrough and find them as I go along. Fuck it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just went back and restarted Tomb Raider. Instead of going back for all the collectibles after I was done, I'll just use the walkthrough and find them as I go along. Fuck it.

:umud:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I hate Ubisoft, but Valiant Hearts came out for PS+ and I can't wait to play it. I've thought about getting it since launch but figured Ubisoft sucked anything good out of the studio that created it so I get a to try it now without having to actually buy it directly from Ubisoft, can't wait have heard nothing but good things. Already have it installed just need to find time to play.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elite Dangerous with an Oculus Rift DK2 Is where I've been lost for the past 3 weeks.

I bought elite dangerous and tried to play it for 4 days and gave up. Maybe I just suck or something, but I can't find shit to do in that game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Explain to me what the fuck I am supposed to do for the first 2-3 weeks in elite dangerous and I will give it another try.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Explain to me what the fuck I am supposed to do for the first 2-3 weeks in elite dangerous and I will give it another try.

When did you buy it? It is rough starting out. No cash, shitty ship. Best thing to do early on to make cash is to collect bounties. Find a system with a resource extraction site, any systems with gas giants and rings around them should have one or two. Drop out of super cruise at one of them and head toward the marker, you should start to see ships appearing on your radar in the first couple minutes, target them and point your ship at them so you can scan them and if the readout says "Wanted" they are open prey, gun them down and you'll get the bounty for them, next time you land at a station for the faction you got the bounty from you can collect it from the contacts local security office.

Best way to make quick cash early on, I recommend taking about 300k credits and buying a viper and outfitting it with some better weaponry then upgrade it as you get the cash from bounties. After that there are some rare goods freighter runs you can do when you can afford to kit out a Type-6 transport with 100 tons of cargo space and decent frame shift drive. One loop of the rare run which btw takes about 24 hours or so real life time, will net you close to 8-9 Mil in credits. You probably want about 3Mil to start that.

Then you can explore, which can be rather boring but within the next couple weeks they will be adding wings, so you can form up with friends and they will be making the fighting more difficult against the AI, Down the road they are talking about making it possible to board ships and fight in first person as well as walk around at stations and on planets.

Either way, lots to come and a bit to do now but it's not at all complete yet.

Star Citizen and this will be fighting each other tooth and nail.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just got it. I guess the hardest thing is just finding shit I am looking for or information on what to do and where to go, and how to use the map system and how to get information from it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Star citizen is what I want to see. Too bad it's going to be pc only I believe

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I don't mean this in a bad way but... People still play that?

Never played it back when it was released and having heard really good things about Mask of the Betrayer I figured Id play my way through the original campaign and the expansion. I will say while Obsidians typical sloppiness is present they did a far better job on NWN2 than they did with KOTOR2.

Hell, I just recently played though a lot of classic RPGs for the first time... BG2, FO1+2, PS:T.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Never played it back when it was released and having heard really good things about Mask of the Betrayer I figured Id play my way through the original campaign and the expansion. I will say while Obsidians typical sloppiness is present they did a far better job on NWN2 than they did with KOTOR2.

Hell, I just recently played though a lot of classic RPGs for the first time... BG2, FO1+2, PS:T.

I actually never played it back in the day but everyone I ran into seemed to.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I have been chipping away at Apotheon on PS4. Such a great game. I almost didn't download it even though it was free last month for PSN+. Glad I did. Next up, The Last of Us after I finish Apotheon.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It only took 21 straight hours, but I beat Tomb Raider 100%. What a great fucking game. Was like Uncharted.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have been chipping away at Apotheon on PS4. Such a great game. I almost didn't download it even though it was free last month for PSN+. Glad I did. Next up, The Last of Us after I finish Apotheon.

Couldn't get into it, though I tried. Figured I'd love that game since it's based in Greek mythology. Just wasn't working for me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I liked tomb raider a lot. The environment was so amazing.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Playing The Order: 1886. Graphics are nice and there's some cool weapons and stuff, but overall the game itself is just OK. Glad I rented it so I can just finish it up and return it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It only took 21 straight hours, but I beat Tomb Raider 100%. What a great fucking game. Was like Uncharted.
I thought you were too angry to play that game again after losing your data...

21 straight hours though...dang...